Drug interactions between Lisinopril, Meloxicam for a 70-year old man?
This is a personalized study of Lisinopril, Meloxicam drug interactions for a 70 year old male patient who has Hypertension, Arthritis. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 138 male patients aged 70 (±5) who take the drugs and have drug interactions.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Hypertension, Arthritis
- Lisinopril - 2.5MG (lisinopril): used for 2 - 5 years
- Meloxicam - 7.5MG (meloxicam): used for < 1 month
On Jan, 13, 2014: 138 males aged 66 (±5) who reported to have interactions when taking Lisinopril, Meloxicam are studied
Most common interactions experienced by males aged 66 (±5) in the use of Lisinopril, Meloxicam:
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||74|
|Toothache (tooth pain)||68|
|Anaemia (lack of blood)||48|
|Exostosis (formation of new bone on the surface of a bone)||40|
|Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw)||38|
|Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint)||37|
|Haemorrhoids (a swollen vein or group of veins in the region of the anus)||34|
Most common interactions experienced by males aged 66 (±5) in long term use of Lisinopril, Meloxicam:
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Coughing Up Blood||1|
|Nasal Discharge Discolouration (change in colour of nasal discharge)||1|
|Watery Eyes (excess tearing from eye)||1|
|Frequent Or Urgent Urination||1|
|Swollen Tongue (swelling of tongue)||1|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Related drug interaction studies:
- Lisinopril and Meloxicam drug interactions (1,271 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Lisinopril for Hypertension reported by 3,974 people (updated 4 hours ago)
- Meloxicam for Arthritis reported by 220 people (updated 16 hours ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Arthritis (82 drugs in 2,196 reports) (updated 3 days ago)
- Hypertension (236 drugs in 21,982 reports) (updated 11 hours ago)
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
From this study (6 months ago):
From this study (11 months ago):
I was taken off Meloxicam and told that I could never take it due to my Barrett's Esophogus. As a results due to my DJD, bulging discs and stenosis, plus Osteoarthritis especially in my hands, my pain and stiffness is unbearable.
I'm not sure the Nexium is working, and I did not have the pain in the lower back(hip and back) before.
Doc has recommended small dose Lexapro for anxiety (I am 82 yrs old) and I am concerned that this will cause some constipation and/or fogginess that will make me unsteady on my feet
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By will: Can cavedilol cause pityriasis rosea
has several areas of ringworm like spots, but dr says it is not ringworm, but another type of fungus
- By SJS: As you can see, i have a number of conditions. the bp and gout are under control. the diabetis and parkinsons are the most serious problems i think. the peripheral neuuropathy in the soles of both
AS you can see, I have a number of conditions. The BP and Gout are under control. The Diabetis and Parkinsons are the most serious problems I think. The peripheral neuuropathy in the soles of both my feet and maybe the lumbar stenosis makes walking more than 2 blocks difficult.The cervical s ...
- By Manny Cervantes: Did your physician discuss the risks before you were given oxaliplatin?
Oxaliplatin was given to me as part of chemotherapy then immediately taken off as I had a reaction. Shortly after the chemo sessions ended I experienced a sudden hearing loss where simple sounds like traffic sounded like a rushing river, likewise motors or fans running. After more than five years th ...
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By Jess: Metoprolol & lisinopril, vs. carvedilol, lisinopril and warfarin
Lisinopril 25mg provokes horrific depression, despair, inability to navigate back to upbeat, creative state and fear for survival. Dizziness, crippling vertigo, etc every time I move from rest. Reducing dose to 2.5mg makes side effects tolerable, with no noticeable change in therapeutic effect. Car ...
- By Little Helper: Went to dr. for high blood pressure.... dr. thought i was depressed and gave me samples of viibyrd....blood pressure kept increasing(205/117)
Made appointment with family dr. for my high blood pressure( 200/105)..he seemed to think I was depressed....He changed my blood pressure med and gave me Viibyrd...After taking one pill blood pressure increased to 227/107...Also, had like electrical shock sensations from heart..NEVER!!!!would I take ...
- By Deedaa: Fibroids and prednizone
I have asthma and about once a year it needs to be treated with prednisone. I am 55 years old and my periods had stopped until I started prednizone. I have very large fibroids and also had a embolization. Once I started taking prednisone my periods returned once I stop taking it my period stop ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Imodium, Bacillus Probiotics, Calcium D - Glucarate, Meloxicam, ASA, Lovastatin, Lisinopril, Restoril, Prilosec, Xanax, Zoloft, Nadolol for a patient with Diarrhea, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Osteopenia, Osteoarthritis Generalised, Plaque Buildup - Arteries, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Depression, Barrett's Esophagus, Pvc (premature Ventricular Contraction). The patient has Pain Exacerbated
- A study of side effects of Niacin for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol.
- A study of drug interactions between Meloxicam, Lyrica, Advil, Zestril, Esidrix for a patient with Arthritis, Spinal Stenosis, Pain Relief, High Blood Pressure.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.