Macrobid, Keflex for a 40-year old woman
This is a personalized study for a 40 year old female patient who has Urinary Tract Infection, Streptococcal Infection. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 23 female patients aged 40 (±5) who take the same drugs from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Macrobid (latest outcomes from 3,443 users) has active ingredients of nitrofurantoin; nitrofurantoin, macrocrystalline. It is often used in urinary tract infection.
Keflex (latest outcomes from 5,986 users) has active ingredients of cephalexin. It is often used in infection.
What are the conditions
Urinary tract infection (latest reports from 449,890 patients) can be treated by Macrobid, Cipro, Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride, Nitrofurantoin, Bactrim, Bactrim Ds.
Streptococcal infection (latest reports from 15,287 patients) can be treated by Amoxicillin.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 23 females aged 40 (±5) who take Macrobid, Keflex are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Urinary Tract Infection, Streptococcal Infection
- Macrobid (nitrofurantoin; nitrofurantoin, macrocrystalline)
- Keflex - EQ 500MG BASE (cephalexin)
eHealthMe real world results:
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||Gallbladder Injury||n/a||Pain In Extremity|
|Cholecystitis Chronic||Oedema Peripheral|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related mobile support group
Get connected! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Streptococcal Infection
- support group for people who have Urinary Tract Infection
- support group for people who take Keflex
- support group for people who take Macrobid
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Warfarin and urinary infections
HELP! Hello we are in the UK - my husband had an aortic valve replacement 4 years ago - he is now 61 and on warfarin. Over the past few years, since his AVR, he has had about 4/5 urinary infections which have caused him to be hospitalised with very high temperature/rigors etc. The medical profess ...
- Can i take nyquil if i'm on cephalexin
I"ve had a sore throat for 8 days, I'm taking cephalexin for an ear infection. My question is "can I take Nyquil for my throat when I' on cephalexin?"
- Mucous in stools rolling std jab
Hi there, I was recently diagnosed with Balanitis, a small white ulcer has appeared on my foreskin caused by the trauma of the condition. I went to the ER for the problem, worrying that it maybe and std, the nurse and doctor there told me to keep the ulcer clean and to keep strong soaps away fro ...
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Achilles tendon tear
At the end of my 10 day treatment time on Cephalexin 500 mg, I experience diarrhea, so I took acidophilus three times a day, and it went away. I also woke up with a Achilles ligament tear, with a bulge in the tendon, not a rupture. No changes in my daily routine, in regards to exercise, just swimm ...
- I have twice developed a uti after injection of prolia
I have taken Prolia for 2 years..4 injections. After the last 2 injections within 2 weeks I developed severe cystitis and had to go on course of antibiotics. I am fearful of continuing this medication as the last infection caused me to be treated at the emergency room.
- Flagyl and hair loss
I was miserable already but the side effects of this medicine only compounded it. I have had severe diarrhea, stomach cramps, nausea, a horrible metallic taste in my mouth and worst of all I have patches of hair that have completely fallen out!! I am horrified that this medicine is even prescribed t ...
Related drug interaction studies:
- Keflex and Macrobid drug interactions (297 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Macrobid for Urinary Tract Infection reported by 175 people (updated 8 seconds ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Streptococcal Infection (2 drugs in 11 reports) (updated 6 months ago)
- Urinary Tract Infection (50 drugs in 1,244 reports) (updated 8 seconds ago)
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol, Macrobid, Keflex for a patient with Arthritis, Uti.
- A study of drug interactions between Keflex, Macrobid for a patient with Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, Uti.
- A study of drug interactions between Macrobid, Cephalexin.
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Ciprofloxacin, Macrobid for a 65-year old woman who has UTI - Chronic Or Recurrent
- Comparions of Excedrin, Macrobid for a 60-year old woman who has UTI
- Comparions of Keflex, Bactrim for a 41-year old woman who has UTI - Chronic Or Recurrent
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.