A study for a 40-year old woman who takes Macrobid, Keflex
Summary: 23 female patients aged 40 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied.
This is a personalized study for a 40 year old female patient who has Urinary Tract Infection, Streptococcal Infection. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
On Mar, 31, 2015: 23 females aged 40 (±5) who take Macrobid, Keflex are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Urinary Tract Infection, Streptococcal Infection
- Macrobid (nitrofurantoin; nitrofurantoin, macrocrystalline)
- Keflex - EQ 500MG BASE (cephalexin)
eHealthMe real world results:
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||Gallbladder Injury||n/a||Pain In Extremity|
|Cholecystitis Chronic||Oedema Peripheral|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related support group
You are not alone! Join a related support group:
- support group for people who have Streptococcal Infection
- support group for people who have Urinary Tract Infection
- support group for people who take Keflex
- support group for people who take Macrobid
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Macrobid, Effexor Xr, Metformin for a 58-year old woman with Urinary Tract Infection, Depression, Diabetes. The patient has Vomiting, Night Sweats, Urge Incontinence, Ear Congestion, Cough, Chest Ct, Scan Lymph Nodes
- A study of side effects of Cephalexin for a 41-year old woman with UTI. The patient has Photosensitivity Reaction
- A study of drug interactions between Bisoprolol Fumarate, Cephalexin, Gliclazide, Glucophage for a 61-year old man with Cardiac Disorder, Hypertension, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Eosinophilia
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Cephalexin for a 26-year old woman with Panic Disorder, Eczema Nummular.
- A study of drug interactions between Amoxicillin, Cephalexin for a 57-year old woman with Infection. The patient has Abscess
Related drug interaction studies:
- Keflex and Macrobid drug interactions (297 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Macrobid for Urinary Tract Infection reported by 181 people (updated 5 hours ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Streptococcal Infection (2 drugs in 11 reports) (updated 11 months ago)
- Urinary Tract Infection (50 drugs in 1,271 reports) (updated 3 hours ago)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.