Drug interactions between Methotrexate Sodium, Metformin Hydrochloride for a Female patient aged 43
This is a personalized study of Methotrexate Sodium, Metformin Hydrochloride drug interactions for a 43 year old female patient who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 68 reports from FDA.
Do you have chronic disease and take multiple drugs? eHealthMe can monitor your drugs and notify you when there are serious drug reactions detected. Our original studies have been used on premier medical publications. The monitor will be personalized to your gender and age. Start now
What are the drugs
Methotrexate sodium has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is used in rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, arthritis, psoriasis, sarcoidosis, systemic lupus erythematosus.
Metformin hydrochloride has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is used in type 2 diabetes, polycystic ovary disease, insulin resistance, type 1 diabetes mellitus , type 1 diabetes, hyperglycemia.
On May, 1, 2013: 68 females aged 39 (±5) who reported to have interactions when taking Methotrexate Sodium, Metformin Hydrochloride are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus
- Methotrexate Sodium (methotrexate sodium): used for < 1 month
- Metformin Hydrochloride - 500MG (metformin hydrochloride): used for 5 - 10 years
eHealthMe real world results:
Most common interactions experienced by females aged 39 (±5) in the use of Methotrexate Sodium, Metformin Hydrochloride:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|6||Injection Site Burning||5|
|10||Visual Acuity Reduced||4|
Most common interactions experienced by females aged 39 (±5) in long term use of Methotrexate Sodium, Metformin Hydrochloride:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|6||Implant Site Infection||1|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Next: study your drugs
You can also:
- get notified of updates of this study
- let eHealthMe monitor your drugs
- post a comment or see what 9 people said
- get our mobile app: never miss a symptom, compare it with patients like me in real time, and discuss it with doctors later
- still have questions? Check any related studies below
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Methotrexate Sodium for Rheumatoid Arthritis reported by 298 people (updated 2 months ago)
- Metformin Hydrochloride for Diabetes Mellitus reported by 49 people (updated 4 hours ago)
Side effects in real world:
- Diabetes Mellitus (8 drugs) (updated 4 hours ago)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (46 drugs) (updated 1 day ago)
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
From this study (13 months ago):
From this study (1 year ago):
From this study (1 year ago):
From this study (2 years ago):
Have Diabetes II and keep hearing and reading that Breast Cancer can be caused by Insulin and reoccur from insulin feeding the cancer and making it harder to get rid of. I have had a lumpectomy and radiation and am starting to heal. Besides not eating carbs and sugars are the medicines mentioned also putting me at risk for a reoccurance.
Second seizure in 3 months. Been on methotrexate injection for 6 months. No seizure disorder found
Does this drugs interact with coq10 or folid acid?
Marnie Spencer on May, 11, 2012:
I am 76years of age. I have Type2 diabetes for the past 6 years.. My blood sugars are twix 6.00 and 7.00.Presently 6.5. I take 20mg of Glimepiride each day. I suffer from nausea,sickness, vomiting, bloating, acute indigestion and stomach pain daily. If I don't take the Glimepiride I do not have these stomach problems. My Doctor insists that I persevere but she is not the one feeling/being sick until noon each day. I just want to know what would happen if I did not take the medication . Will it shorten my life substantially ? Isn't it better to have a shorter, happier life free from all this illness than maybe to live a little longer in misery each day. My Doctor is not able to answer this question of course, her job is to prescribe ,Can anyone else help ?
I have only been taking Mavik for 5 days. Today my stomach is in consistent pain, my lower center back is aching.
I'm always tired, no energy. Have muscle fatigue, aches & pains. Gained 15 kg in weight. HELP ME
Recent related drug checks on eHealthMe:
- Humira, Prednisolone, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Methotrexate, Simvastatin, Metformin Hydrochloride, Embolex drug interactions for Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Arthralgia, Device Related Infection, Empyema, Ischaemic Cerebral Infarction
- Prednisone, Methotrexate, Nexium, Metformin, Folic Acid, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Ester-c, Cyclobenzaprine, Orencia drug interactions for Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Chest Pain, Dyspepsia
- Remicade, Dothiepin Hydrochloride, Lansoprazole, Metformin Hcl, Methotrexate drug interactions for Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Aspartate Aminotransferase Increased, Blood Bilirubin Increased, Cholestasis, Diabetes Mellitus, Liver Disorder, Liver Function Test Abnormal
- Aspirin, Levothyroxine, Metformin Hcl, Insulin, Metoprolol Succinate, Telmisartan, Methotrexate, Leflunomide, Humira, Tensina drug interactions for Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Pneumonia, Pain In Extremity, Immune System Disorder, Diarrhoea
- Enbrel, Methotrexate, Ramipril, Clopidogrel, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metformin Hcl, Pantoprazole drug interactions for Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Anorexia, Aplastic Anaemia, Asthenia, Atrial Fibrillation, Blood Creatinine Increased, Bone Marrow Depression, Confusional State, Delirium, Enterococcal Sepsis, Fall, Hypokalaemia, Lobar Pneumonia, Malaise, Pancytopenia, Pitting Oedema, Staphylococcal Infection, Tachycardia, Urinary Tract Infection, Wound Infection
- Methotrexate, Byetta, Vitamin B-12, Gabapentin, Zantac, Metformin drug interactions for Psoriasis, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Restless Legs Syndrome, Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease. The patient has Surgery, Restless Legs Syndrome, Infection, Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease, Balance Disorder
- Certolizumab Pegol, Metoprolol Tartrate, Tiotropium Bromide, Methotrexate, Prednisolone, L-thyroxin, Folsan, Enoxaparin Sodium, Hydrochlorothiazide, Citalopram, Levemir, Metformin, Delix drug interactions for Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Wound Infection Staphylococcal, Wound Dehiscence, Toxic Nodular Goitre, Post Procedural Complication, Impaired Healing, Hyperthyroidism, Hypertension, Exostosis, Diabetes Mellitus, Asthma
- Humira, Mirtazapine, Methotrexate, Metformin drug interactions for Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Liver Function Test Abnormal, Mental Disorder
- Aspirin, Methotrexate, Folic Acid, Metformin Hcl, Allopurinol, Furosemide, Gemfibrozil, Pantoprazole Sodium, Lisinopril, Humira drug interactions for Ischaemic Heart Disease, Psoriatic Arthropathy, Diabetes Mellitus, Gout, Fluid Retention, Blood Cholesterol Increased, Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease, Hypertension. The patient has Spinal Osteoarthritis, Spinal Cord Disorder, Skin Burning Sensation, Pain In Extremity, Hypoaesthesia
- Enbrel, Methotrexate, Prednisone, Hydrochlorothiazide, Folic Acid, Metformin Hcl, Nateglinide, Lisinopril drug interactions for Psoriatic Arthropathy. The patient has Blood Pressure Increased, Confusional State, Diplopia, Gaze Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis, Nausea, Sensation Of Heaviness, Vomiting
- Ciprofloxacin, Metronidazole, Metformin Hcl, Methotrexate drug interactions for Metabolic Syndrome, Polyarthritis. The patient has Alveolitis Allergic, C-reactive Protein Increased, Cough, Diverticulitis, Dyspnoea, Respiratory Failure
- Methotrexate, Humira, Gabapentin, Folic Acid, Vitamins, Alprazolam, Metformin Hcl, Singulair, Tricor, Venlafaxine Hcl, Fluoxetine, Simvastatin, Zyrtec drug interactions for Rheumatoid Arthritis, Nerve Injury, Vitamin Supplementation, Insomnia, Diabetes Mellitus, Asthma, Blood Cholesterol Increased, Antidepressant Therapy, Seasonal Allergy. The patient has Joint Sprain, Joint Injury, Injection Site Extravasation, Incorrect Dose Administered, Haematoma, Feeling Of Body Temperature Change, Fall, Face Injury, Dysphonia, Cough, Contusion, Condition Aggravated, Chills, Back Pain, Arthralgia, Vomiting, Sputum Discoloured, Rotator Cuff Syndrome, Productive Cough, Pneumonia, Nerve Injury, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Limb Injury
- Coreg, Cymbalta, Folic Acid, Metformin, Oxybutynin, Klonopin, Trazodone Hcl, Nexium, Orencia drug interactions for Juvenile Arthritis. The patient has Cough, Oral Candidiasis, Urinary Tract Infection
- Dexamethasone, Methotrexate, Warfarin Sodium, Folic Acid, Ranitidine, Metformin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Verapamil, Sertraline, Morphine, Aredia drug interactions for Multiple Myeloma. The patient has Bone Debridement, Bone Disorder, Fistula, Gastrostomy Tube Insertion, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Ostectomy, Osteonecrosis, Pain In Jaw, Tooth Extraction
- Lantus, Humalog, Zestril, Lipitor, Metformin Hcl, Aspirin, Methotrexate drug interactions for Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Headache Nos
- Pantoprazole Sodium, Vitamin D, Metoprolol Tartrate, Armour Thyroid, Folic Acid, Lanoxin, Methotrexate, Lorazepam, Humira, Glumetza, Verapamil drug interactions for Hypertension, Cardiac Disorder, Psoriatic Arthropathy. The patient has Erythema, Depression, Aggression, Panic Attack, Nausea, Mood Swings, Mood Altered, Irritability, Hot Flush
- Vicodin, Quinine Sulfate, Trazodone Hcl, Epogen, Metformin Hcl, Levothyroxine Sodium, Lexapro, Actos, Glipizide, Digoxin, Losartan Potassium, Prednisone Tab, Methotrexate Sodium, Lansoprazole, Boniva, Esomeprazole Magnesium, Diazepam, Metaxalone, Flexeril, Folic Acid, Cephalexin Monohydrate drug interactions for Pain. The patient has Constipation, Intestinal Obstruction, Vitamin D Decreased
- Zopiklon, Betapred, Tavegyl, Simvastatin, Omeprazole, Metformin, Methotrexate, Acetaminophen, Norvasc, Enalapril drug interactions for Hypertension. The patient has Blood Glucose Decreased, Hypotension, Nausea, Vomiting
- Methotrexate, Warfarin Sodium, Rofecoxib, Metformin Hcl, Folic Acid drug interactions for Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Blood Sodium Decreased, Confusional State, Somnolence
- Raptiva, Humira, Glipizide, Halobetasol Steroid Creme, Folic Acid, Methotrexate, Aspirin, Vitamin D, Multi-vitamin, Tenavate, Cerave Creme, Spectacef, Clobetasol 0.05%, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Lisinopril, Metformin Hcl, Levothroid drug interactions for Psoriasis, Cardiac Disorder, Vitamin Supplementation, Diabetes Mellitus, Hypothyroidism, Blood Cholesterol, Blood Pressure. The patient has Skin Exfoliation, Psoriasis, Nasal Congestion
- Levothyroxine Sodium, Methotrexate, Humira, Metformin Hcl, Lisinopril drug interactions for Hypothyroidism, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Fibromyalgia, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Hypertension, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Erythema, Pruritus, Injection Site Pain, Injection Site Irritation, Urticaria, Rash Papular
- Oxycodone Hcl And Acetaminophen, Tramadol Hcl, Hydrochlorothiazide, Lisinopril, Ranitidine, Folic Acid, Glyburide, Plavix, Pravastatin, Diltiazem Cd, Methotrexate, Humira, Vitamin B6, Metformin Hcl, Calcium drug interactions for Pain, Blood Glucose Abnormal, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoarthritis. The patient has Pain, Incorrect Drug Administration Duration
- Opioid, Dacortin, Aceclofenac, Steroids, Resochin, Enalapril, Levothyroxine, Indomethacin, Remicade, Omeprazole, Methotrexate, Metformin, Perphenazine, Amitriptyline, Calcium, Vitamin D, Pulmicort-100, Serevent, Atrovent, Ventolin drug interactions for Hypothyroidism, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Thrombocytopenia, Respiratory Failure, Renal Failure Acute, Pericardial Effusion, Oral Herpes, Multi-organ Failure, Hypotension, Cardiomegaly, Cardiac Tamponade, Cardiac Failure, Bacillus Infection
- Serzone, Haldol, Ambien, Lortab, K-dur 10, Lasix, Cogentin, Metformin Hcl, Benazepril Hcl, Methotrexate drug interactions for Depression, Pain. The patient has Cardiac Failure Congestive, Cellulitis, Dermatitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Major Depression, Pain, Renal Failure Acute, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Suicidal Ideation
- Cefazolin, Leucovorin Calcium, Docusate Sodium, Metolazone, Cetirizine Hcl, Carvedilol, Spironolactone, Colchicine, Fexofenadine, Metformin Hcl, Amlodipine, Furosemide, Methotrexate, Ibuprofen, Lisinopril, Olmesartan Medoxomil, Ticlopidine Hcl drug interactions for Supportive Care, Psoriasis, Mouth Ulceration. The patient has Renal Failure Acute, Incorrect Drug Administration Rate, Drug Toxicity, Abdominal Pain Upper
- Cod-liver Oil, Glyceryl Trinitrate, Aliskiren, Spironolactone, Rosuvastatin Calcium, Prednisolone, Multi-vitamin, Methotrexate, Metformin Hcl, Lisinopril, Lansoprazole, Gaviscon, Furosemide, Folic Acid, Ezetimibe, Doxazosin Mesylate, Dipyridamole, Aspirin, Amlodipine, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Polyurethane, Mycota, Clenil, Algesal, Ventolin, Telmisartan, Strontium Ranelate drug interactions for Hypertension. The patient has Lethargy, Feeling Abnormal
- Folic Acid, Lisinopril, Methotrexate, Allopurinol, Metformin Hcl, Potassium Chloride, Furosemide, Levothyroxine Sodium, Naproxen, Humira, Dilaudid, Diazepam, Coreg, Fentanyl, Digoxin, Simvastatin, Prednisone drug interactions for Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Wrong Technique In Drug Usage Process
- Fosinopril Sodium, Glucobay, Metformin Hcl, Methotrexate, Norvasc drug interactions for Essential Hypertension, Diabetes Mellitus, Psoriasis. The patient has Adams-stokes Syndrome, Liver Function Test Abnormal, Pancytopenia, Renal Failure Acute, Respiratory Failure, Sepsis, Syncope, Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis
- Folic Acid, Codeine Contin, Dilaudid, Crestor, Metformin, Actos, Avalide, Nexium, Remicade, Rifampin, Stemetil, Asaphen, Naprox, Flexeril, Methotrexate drug interactions for Prophylaxis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Blood Cholesterol, Diabetes Mellitus, Abdominal Pain Upper, Nausea, Back Pain, Tuberculin Test Positive. The patient has Pain In Extremity, Abdominal Mass, Abasia
- Humulin N, Humulin R, Glucophage, Prednisone, Methotrexate drug interactions for Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Cataract, Condition Aggravated, Corneal Transplant, Deafness, Diabetes Mellitus, Hypoglycaemia, Malabsorption, Memory Impairment, Pharmaceutical Product Complaint, Polymyositis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Thrombosis, Visual Disturbance
- Metformin Hcl, Abatacept, Methotrexate drug interactions for Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Cytolytic Hepatitis
- Humira, Flexeril, Prednisone, Nexium, Lotrel, Simvastatin, Hydrocodone, Vicodin, Glyburide, Metformin Hcl, Methotrexate, Celebrex drug interactions for Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Influenza, Drug Ineffective
- Methotrexate, Humira, Omeprazol, Aspirin, Simvastatin, Actos, Enalapril Maleate, Hydrocortisone, Metformin Hcl drug interactions for Rheumatoid Arthritis, Gastric Disorder, Blood Cholesterol Increased, Diabetes Mellitus, Hypertension. The patient has White Blood Cell Count Decreased, Parosmia, Dysgeusia
- Glimepiride, Metformin Hydrochloride, Tarka, Zocor, Methotrexate, Dilantin, Furosemide, Imdur drug interactions for Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Acute Myocardial Infarction, Angioneurotic Oedema, Atelectasis, Cardiomegaly, Lung Infiltration, Scar
- Crestor, Fortamet, Flomax, Avadart, Methotrexate, Folic Acid, Prednisone Tab drug interactions for Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Asthenia, Myalgia, Polymyalgia Rheumatica
- Salamol, Soframycin, Colecalciferol, Methotrexate, Lipitor, Metformin Hcl, Humira, Gliclazide, Losec, Alanase, Combivent, Floxacillin Sodium, Folic Acid, Vitamin B-12, Naproxen Sodium, Triazolam, Furosemide drug interactions for Asthma, Lip Blister, Osteopenia, Osteoporosis Prophylaxis, Hypercholesterolaemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Prophylaxis Against Gastrointestinal Ulcer, Sinus Congestion, Prophylaxis, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Insomnia, Hypertension. The patient has Pneumonitis
- Prednisone, Methotrexate, Aspirin, Nexium, Folic Acid, Lipitor, Flomax, Calcium, Metformin Hcl, Avapro, Omeprazole, Enbrel drug interactions for Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Thrombocytopenia, Infarction
- Furosemide, Folic Acid, Metformin Hcl, Prednisolone, Methotrexate, Enbrel, Etoricoxib drug interactions for Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Pneumonia, Lung Neoplasm Malignant, Death
- Folic Acid, Glipizide, Glycopyrrolate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Vicodin, Ibuprofen, Lantus, Metformin, Methotrexate, Moexipril Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Prednisone, Remicade drug interactions for Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Chills, Heart Rate Irregular, Infusion Related Reaction, Sinus Tachycardia, Tremor
- Remicade, Glyburide, Metformin Hcl, Methotrexate drug interactions for Psoriasis. The patient has Ataxia, Muscular Weakness, Myalgia
- Cdp870, Depo-medrol, Kenalog, Metformin Hcl, Norvasc, Ibuprofen, Methotrexate, Lusopress, Imovane drug interactions for Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Radiculopathy, Pyelonephritis Acute, Liver Function Test Abnormal, Insomnia, Escherichia Urinary Tract Infection, Erythema, Aspartate Aminotransferase Increased, Alanine Aminotransferase Increased
- Lutein, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, M.v.i., Prednisone Tab, Methotrexate, Xanax, Metformin, Lovastatin, Arimidex, Flaxseed Oil, Fosamax, Arava, Zestril, Femara drug interactions for Breast Cancer. The patient has Tinnitus, Rash, Paraesthesia, Malaise, Hypoaesthesia, Headache, Fatigue, Chest Pain, Alopecia
- Avandia, Amaryl, Glucophage, Zocor, Methotrexate, Aspirin, Atenolol drug interactions for Blood Cholesterol Increased, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Blood Cholesterol Increased, Blood Creatinine Increased, Blood Sodium Increased, Blood Triglycerides Increased, Blood Urea Increased, Cardiac Failure Congestive, Dyspnoea Exacerbated, Oedema Peripheral
- Humira, Folic Acid, Methotrexate, Glucophage, Atorvastatin Calcium, Verapamil, Alprazolam, Effexor, Bupropion Hydrochloride drug interactions for Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Asthenia
- Celecoxib, Simponi, Methotrexate, Sulfasalazine, Prednisone, Hydroxychloroquine, Folic Acid, Acetaminophen, Tramadol Hcl, Metformin Hcl, Enalapril Maleate, Fluoxetine Hcl, Amitriptyline Hcl, Diazepam drug interactions for Rheumatoid Arthritis, Anaemia Prophylaxis, Arthralgia, Glucose Tolerance Impaired, Hypertension, Affective Disorder. The patient has Arthritis Bacterial
- Byetta, Metformin Hcl, Glyburide, Mobic, Diovan, Lasix, Zetia, Methotrexate drug interactions for Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Asthenia, Dehydration, Nausea, Renal Failure, Vomiting
- Seretide, Humira, Metformin, Atorvastatin, Sertraline Hcl, Budesonide, Hydrochlorothiazide, Methotrexate, Magistral Formula drug interactions for Bronchiectasis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus, Blood Cholesterol Increased, Depression, Hypertension. The patient has Bone Pain, Drug Ineffective, Inflammation
- Methotrexate Sodium, Infliximab, Prednisolone, Rituximab, Glimepiride, Metformin drug interactions for Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control
- Orencia, Apo-amitriptyline, Folic Acid, Cozaar, Nexium, Actos, Metformin Hcl, Prednisone, Methotrexate Sodium, Ventolin, Crestor drug interactions for Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Rash Pruritic, Rash, Oral Herpes, Gastroenteritis Viral, Eye Infection, Toothache, Swelling Face
- Orencia, Methotrexate Sodium, Prednisone Tab, Metformin Hcl, Actos, Nexium, Cozaar, Folic Acid, Amitriptyline Hcl, Crestor, Ventolin drug interactions for Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Acne, Gastroenteritis Viral
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent drug studies on eHealthMe:
- Could Acne cause Sperm count decreased?
- Could Sinusitis cause Sperm count decreased?
- Could Mrsa infection cause Sperm count decreased?
- Latest Montelukast sodium outcomes in real world
- Could Asthma cause Watery eyes?
- Could Allergen cause Watery eyes?
- Could Allergies cause Watery eyes?
- Could Allergic reactions cause Watery eyes?
- Could Allergic sinusitis cause Watery eyes?
- Which Asthma drug is better for me?