Mucinex, Flonase for a 21-year old man
This is a study of Mucinex, Flonase for a 21 year old male patient who has Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion, Nasal Decongestion Therapy. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 9 male patients aged 21 (±5) who take the drugs from FDA and social media.
How are my drugs for patients like me? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now, it's anonymous, simple & free >>>
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion, Nasal Decongestion Therapy
- Mucinex - 600MG (guaifenesin): used for 1 - 6 months
- Flonase - 0.05MG/SPRAY (fluticasone propionate): used for 6 - 12 months
On Jan, 31, 2014: 9 males aged 17 (±5) who reported to have interactions when taking Mucinex, Flonase are studied
Most common interactions experienced by males aged 17 (±5) in the use of Mucinex, Flonase:
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Influenza (the flu is caused by an influenza virus)||6|
|Respiratory Distress (difficulty in breathing)||3|
|Calculus Renal Nos||3|
|Aspartate Aminotransferase Increased||2|
|Alanine Aminotransferase Increased||2|
|Tendon Disorder Nos||1|
|Sweating Increased (excess sweating)||1|
Most common interactions experienced by males aged 17 (±5) in long term use of Mucinex, Flonase:
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Related drug interaction studies:
- Flonase and Mucinex drug interactions (833 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Mucinex for Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion reported by 10 people (updated 1 day ago)
- Flonase for Nasal Decongestion Therapy reported by 25 people (updated 2 hours ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Nasal Decongestion Therapy (43 drugs in 598 reports) (updated 2 days ago)
- Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion (3 drugs in 20 reports) (updated 2 months ago)
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
From this study (6 months ago):
From this study (8 months ago):
I have not noticed any side effects from the vitamins or medications above I think one or all have caused my white blood cell count to stay low between 2.0 and 2.8
I have an lesion in a root canal. Tried chlorhexidine to reduce the microbial load however i now wake up with pressure and pain from my RC tooth. Which wasn't there before.
3 yr post triple negative breast cancer treated with mastectomy and chemo
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Does flonase affect inr?
On warfarin for target INR in 2.0 to 3.0 range. I started Flonase recently. Does Flonase affect INR?
- I am in recovery and can't have alcohol in any form. flonase says that it contains phenylethyl alcohol. i have to take the medication for allergies but i am allergic to alcohol is this real alcohol it
I just want to know if it is safe for an alcoholic to take Flonase or will it be considered or lead to a relapse.
- Has anyone else seen hair growth while using flovent on an alopecia pt
Our Stepdaughter has alopecia areata and asthma, we have noticed while she is controlled by her flovent her hair has grown back!, it has never been this long of hair since she was 2 years old.
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Bad nosebleed (sudafed related?)
I have the rhinitis as a result of rebound syndrome from using nasal sprays for years. I use the Flonase to somewhat alleviate the need for the over-the-counter sprays (first two drugs listed). In spite of that, I rarely, if ever, have nosebleeds. I also rarely, if ever, get colds. However, yesterda ...
- Living with chronic pain while battling with psychological disorders.
I have had back problems since 2004. I have been on pain management since 2007. A year ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Not only does fibromyalgia cause deep wide spread pain, it also makes me feel lethargic, fluish, and greatly effects my daily life. I also have some psychological conditions ...
- Cataracts at 40 and a long time flonase user
I just wanted to let people know that I had developed cataracts in both eyes after using Flonase for more than 20 years at the age of 40 and had to get them both removed. The only other medication I was on for long term was Claritan.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.