Mucinex, Flonase for a 21-year old man
This is a personalized study for a 21 year old male patient who has Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion, Nasal Decongestion Therapy. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 9 male patients aged 21 (±5) who take the same drugs from FDA and social media.
Get a free personalized report of your drugs: we study for you 352 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. Start to use eHealthMe >>>
What are the drugs
Mucinex (what 5,823 Mucinex users reported?) has active ingredients of guaifenesin. It is used in cough.
Flonase (what 17,479 Flonase users reported?) has active ingredients of fluticasone propionate. It is used in allergies.
What are the conditions
Upper respiratory tract congestion (latest reports from 4,501 patients) can be treated by Mucinex, Mucinex Dm.
Nasal decongestion therapy (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels) (latest reports from 78,246 patients) can be treated by Sudafed 12 Hour, Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Nasonex, Mucinex, Mucinex D, Fluticasone Propionate.
On Aug, 16, 2014: 9 males aged 17 (±5) who take Mucinex, Flonase are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion, Nasal Decongestion Therapy
- Mucinex - 600MG (guaifenesin): used for 1 - 6 months
- Flonase - 0.05MG/SPRAY (fluticasone propionate): used for 6 - 12 months
eHealthMe real world results:
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Aspartate Aminotransferase Increased|
|Alanine Aminotransferase Increased|
|Rhinitis Allergic Nos|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Nasal Decongestion Therapy
- group for people who have Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion
- group for people who take Flonase
- group for people who take Mucinex
Comments from related studies:
From this study (8 months ago):
From this study (11 months ago):
From this study (12 months ago):
I have not noticed any side effects from the vitamins or medications above I think one or all have caused my white blood cell count to stay low between 2.0 and 2.8
I have an lesion in a root canal. Tried chlorhexidine to reduce the microbial load however i now wake up with pressure and pain from my RC tooth. Which wasn't there before.
3 yr post triple negative breast cancer treated with mastectomy and chemo
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- What can i do to grow hair back. i've been taking fluticasone propionate for altmost 1 year and 6 months, now i've stopped using it, but i lost hair in frontal region and i want to regrow it.
What can i do to grow hair back. i've been taking Fluticasone propionate for altmost 1 year and 6 months, now I've stopped using it, but I lost hair in frontal region and I want to regrow it.
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Bad nosebleed (sudafed related?)
I have the rhinitis as a result of rebound syndrome from using nasal sprays for years. I use the Flonase to somewhat alleviate the need for the over-the-counter sprays (first two drugs listed). In spite of that, I rarely, if ever, have nosebleeds. I also rarely, if ever, get colds. However, yesterda ...
- Living with chronic pain while battling with psychological disorders.
I have had back problems since 2004. I have been on pain management since 2007. A year ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Not only does fibromyalgia cause deep wide spread pain, it also makes me feel lethargic, fluish, and greatly effects my daily life. I also have some psychological conditions ...
- Cataracts at 40 and a long time flonase user
I just wanted to let people know that I had developed cataracts in both eyes after using Flonase for more than 20 years at the age of 40 and had to get them both removed. The only other medication I was on for long term was Claritan.
Related drug interaction studies:
- Flonase and Mucinex drug interactions (869 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Mucinex for Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion reported by 10 people (updated 3 days ago)
- Flonase for Nasal Decongestion Therapy reported by 24 people (updated 20 hours ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Nasal Decongestion Therapy (43 drugs in 602 reports) (updated 7 days ago)
- Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion (4 drugs in 23 reports) (updated 4 weeks ago)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.