A study for a 17-year old boy who takes Mucinex, Flonase
Summary: 9 male patients aged 17 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied.
This is a personalized study for a 17 year old male patient who has Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion, Nasal Decongestion Therapy. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Mucinex has active ingredients of guaifenesin. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from 5,837 Mucinex users)
Flonase has active ingredients of fluticasone propionate. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from 17,513 Flonase users)
What are the conditions
Upper respiratory tract congestion can be treated by Mucinex, Mucinex Dm. (latest reports from 1,023 Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion patients)
Nasal decongestion therapy (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels) can be treated by Sudafed 12 Hour, Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Nasonex, Mucinex, Mucinex D, Fluticasone Propionate. (latest reports from 14,499 Nasal Decongestion Therapy patients)
On Mar, 4, 2015: 9 males aged 17 (±5) who take Mucinex, Flonase are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion, Nasal Decongestion Therapy
- Mucinex - 600MG (guaifenesin): used for 1 - 6 months
- Flonase - 0.05MG/SPRAY (fluticasone propionate): used for 6 - 12 months
eHealthMe real world results:
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||Influenza (the flu is caused by an influenza virus)|
|Respiratory Distress (difficulty in breathing)|
|Aspartate Aminotransferase Increased|
|Alanine Aminotransferase Increased|
|Rhinitis Allergic Nos|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related mobile support group
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group on :
- support group for people who have Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion
- support group for people who take Flonase
- support group for people who take Mucinex
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of side effects of Flovent Hfa for a 58-year old woman with Asthma. The patient has Rash (redness)
- A study of drug interactions between Singulair, Zyrtec, Mucinex, Centrum Silver, Tekturna, Travatan Z for a 55-year old woman with Nasal Allergies, Enzyme Supplementation, Hypertension, Glaucoma. The patient has Vertigo, Hearing Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Flonase, Fexofenadine Hydrochloride Allergy, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Aspirin, Pantoprazole, Buspirone Hcl, Hydrochlorothiazide, Clonazepam, Sertraline Hydrochloride for a 40-year old man with General Physical Health Deterioration, Allergies, High Blood Pressure, Acid Reflux, Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Weight Gain, Dizziness, Fatigue, Sleepy
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium Chloride, Tylenol, Magnesium Glycinate, Flaxseed Oil, Zyrtec, Flonase, Prilosec, Restasis, Synthroid, Valium for a 59-year old woman with Enzyme Supplementation, Neck Pain, Migraine Without Aura, Dry Eye, Nasal Congestion, Gastric Ph Decreased, Thyroidectomy, Vertigo. The patient has Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Flonase, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Lisinopril, Prevacid, Armour Thyroid, Imuran, Prozac, Wellbutrin, Soma for a 64-year old woman with Sinusitis Acute, Low Back Pain, High Blood Pressure, Gerd, Hypothyroidism, Sjogren's Syndrome, Chronic Depression, Muscle Rigidity. The patient has Depression, Back Pain, Gerd, Sjogren's Syndrome
Related drug interaction studies:
- Flonase and Mucinex drug interactions (871 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Mucinex for Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion reported by 10 people (updated 6 days ago)
- Flonase for Nasal Decongestion Therapy reported by 26 people (updated 1 week ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Nasal Decongestion Therapy (43 drugs in 613 reports) (updated 1 week ago)
- Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion (4 drugs in 23 reports) (updated 8 months ago)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.