Mucinex D, Cefdinir for a 25-year old man
This is a personalized study for a 25 year old male patient who has Respiratory Tract Congestion. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Mucinex d (latest outcomes from 458 users) has active ingredients of guaifenesin; pseudoephedrine hydrochloride. It is often used in sinus congestion.
Cefdinir (latest outcomes from 1,666 users) has active ingredients of cefdinir. It is often used in sinusitis.
What are the conditions
Respiratory tract congestion (blockage on respiratory system) (latest reports from 3,221 patients) can be treated by Mucinex.
Pharyngitis bacterial (inflammation of the pharynx, causing a sore throat due to bacterial infection) (latest reports from 165 patients)
On Nov, 22, 2014: 1 male aged 20 (±5) who take Mucinex D, Cefdinir is studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Respiratory Tract Congestion, Pharyngitis Bacterial
- Mucinex D (guaifenesin; pseudoephedrine hydrochloride): used for 1 - 6 months
- Cefdinir (cefdinir): used for 1 - 6 months
eHealthMe real world results:
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||Pneumonia Viral Nos|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related mobile support group
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Respiratory Tract Congestion
- support group for people who take Cefdinir
- support group for people who take Mucinex D
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Overdose of omnicef caused my son simple partial seizures
(Posted by a 2 year old boy who has Simple Partial Seizures, and takes Omnicef)
Given overdose to which seizures started he was 5 years old at time and now 13 years old he has been hospitalized 4 times neurologists say simple partial seizures but nothing to show on his brain why he has them. My son didn't have before taking omnicef but when given accidental overdose by a nurse ...
Complete drug side effects:
- Respiratory Tract Congestion (2 drugs in 11 reports) (updated 2 years ago)
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Mucinex D, Mobic, Gotu Kola, Humira, Levothyroxine Sodium, Singulair for a patient with Sinusitis, Joint Pain, Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling, Crohns, Hypothyroidism, Sinus Polyp. The patient has Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Swelling Of A Joint
Comments: the joint pain isn't as bad as the swelling!!! its been random & moves from joint to joint...my hands & fingers more severe...ive never had these symptoms before!! my doctor has run RA panels, MS panels etc...waiting on results!! started me on Mobic.....absolutely cant tell ive taken anything...no s ...
- A study of side effects of Cefdinir for a patient with Hoarseness. The patient has Coughing Up Blood
Comments: was put on the drug for experiencing hoarseness and after a few days of taking the medication I started having coughing spells during the day but mostly at night.
- A study of side effects of Cefdinir for a patient with Sinusitis. The patient has Blue Vision
Comments: After taking 3 doses of Cefdinir 300 mg I got double vision about 1-2 hours after the 3rd dose. Not knowing whether it was the drug or the sinusitis causing it, I took one more dose that evening(9/25/14). I still have double vision. I can see well at close distances but beyond a couple of feet I nee ...
- A study of side effects of Omnicef for a patient with Crayons. The patient has Low Blood Sugar (low blood sugar cause seizures)
Comments: Blood sugar drops 2 to 4 hours after eating
- A study of drug interactions between Mucinex D, Azithromycin for a patient with Sinus Infection. The patient has Orthostatic Hypotension
Comments: Started taking azithromycin yesterday Street being diagnosed with an ear infection which is starting to turn into a sinus infection, and now I'm experiencing orthostatic hypotension.I'm also taking Mucinex every 12 hours.
Common symptoms:Men of age 20-29 with Respiratory Tract Congestion:
- Stress and anxiety
- Chest pain
- Feeling abnormal
- Abnormal dreams
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.