Mucinex Dm, Tessalon for a 58-year old woman
This is a personalized study for a 58 year old female patient who has Cough. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Mucinex dm (what 622 Mucinex Dm users reported?) has active ingredients of dextromethorphan hydrobromide; guaifenesin. It is used in cough.
Tessalon (what 1,621 Tessalon users reported?) has active ingredients of benzonatate. It is used in cough.
What are the conditions
Cough (latest reports from 488,413 patients) can be treated by Benzonatate, Delsym, Mucinex Dm, Tussionex Pennkinetic, Mucinex, Prometh W/ Dextromethorphan.
On Aug, 12, 2014: 0 female aged 53 (±5) who take Mucinex Dm, Tessalon is studied
Information of the patient in this study:
- Mucinex Dm (dextromethorphan hydrobromide; guaifenesin): used for < 1 month
- Tessalon - 200MG (benzonatate): used for < 1 month
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
You can also:
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related mobile support group
Comments from related studies:
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- I am recently taking prozac and nexium and recently developed a cough. could it be a drug reaction?
I have developed a cough since taking Nexium and prozac.want to know if this is common.
- Myself and my two children started with a cold and in a matter of a day or two we all have pink goopy eyes cough and severe jaw pain what could this be???
my children ages 2 and 4 caught the cold first but within two day the entire household had pink eye cough and jaw pain
- How long does the coughing last when starting provigil
I'm new on Provigil and it works for me, but I have a deep chest cough that won't go away. Apparently this gets better with time. Any one else experience something similar?
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Levaquin and confusion symptoms
Confusion. Stopped dosage at day 6 of 7; prescribed 500 mg. 1 daily. I thought the confusion was from the weeks of pretty severe coughing symptoms, associated with the sinusitus - thought maybe from a lack of oxygen from not being able to breathe well for so long. I finally stopped the med. when ...
- Mucinex dm caused balance problems
I bought Mucinex Dm to treat mild symptoms of sore throat and cough. I was following the instructions precisely of the time and the dosages needed. After two days in taking the medication I started to experience balance problems. Suddenly I would feel unsteady and dizzy, and had the feeling that I w ...
- Shortness in breath in day quil
I do have allergies and asthma but only a cough at the time. I took DayQuil and within 10 min I stopped coughing. I was relieved. After about 20 min, my chest tightened and it was hard to breathe. I used my inhaler 2 times with 1 min intervals. It took about 5 min or so to breathe normally. Now I'm ...
Related drug interaction studies:
- Tessalon and Mucinex Dm drug interactions (42 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Mucinex Dm for Cough reported by 77 people (updated 6 days ago)
- Tessalon for Cough reported by 33 people (updated 2 days ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Cough (67 drugs in 872 reports) (updated 2 days ago)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.