Benadryl, Penicillin-vk for a 16-year old boy
This is a personalized study for a 16 year old male patient who has Hives, Strep throat. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Benadryl (latest outcomes from 29,348 users) has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies.
Penicillin-vk (latest outcomes from 256 users) has active ingredients of penicillin v potassium. It is often used in tooth abscess.
What are the conditions
Hives (latest reports from 3,373 patients) can be treated by Benadryl, Zyrtec, Prednisone, Atarax, Xyzal, Allegra.
Strep throat (a bacterial infection of the throat causing sore throat;) (latest reports from 448 patients) can be treated by Amoxicillin, Azithromycin, Penicillin, Cephalexin, Penicillin-vk, Augmentin '875'.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 1 male aged 16 (±5) who take Benadryl, Penicillin-vk is studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Hives, Strep throat
- Benadryl - 50MG (diphenhydramine hydrochloride): used for 6 - 12 months
- Penicillin-vk - EQ 500MG BASE (penicillin v potassium): used for 6 - 12 months
eHealthMe real world results:
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related mobile support group
Get connected! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Hives
- support group for people who have Strep Throat
- support group for people who take Benadryl
- support group for people who take Penicillin-vk
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- I have a-fib after taking benadryl. i've been off it for a few days, but flutters remain. how long does it last?
I took 6 pills a day for a week, have been off medication for several days, but A-Fib symptoms continue.
- Can 100mg doxycycline hyclate be taken at the same time with zithromax?
Patient was bitten by a deer tick and is taking doxycycline as preventive measure. A throat infection is developing for which the doxycycline seems to have no effect, though azithromycin has proven rapidly effective in the past. Should the doxycycline be discontinued during the azithromycin cycle? ...
- Can eczema of scalp cause headaches
I had had headaches for some weeks with burning sensation of hairline and scalp which has now been diagmpsed as eczema of the scalp. Inflamation markers are up in blood count
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Benadryl completed suicide 50 year old
My mother comitted suicide by taking a bottle of Benadryl. She also had been drinking, she had taken xanax and drank beer, she also took 300 Benadryl pills and started having seizures and went to the hospital was brain dead and her heart stopped the next morning.
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Penicillin vk induced drowsiness
I have been taking Penicillin VK and Acetaminophen for a severe pain I had been feeling in my ear. It's been 48 hours since I started taking them. Within the first 24 hours the pain had calmed down and I was feeling normal. However, since day 2 started, I have been feeling really drowsy. I keep fall ...
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Benadryl for Hives reported by 47 people (updated 4 hours ago)
- Penicillin-vk for Strep Throat reported by 11 people (updated 2 days ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Hives (27 drugs in 250 reports) (updated 4 days ago)
- Strep Throat (22 drugs in 221 reports) (updated 3 months ago)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.