A study for a 23-year old man who takes Benadryl, Penicillin-vk
Summary: 1 male patient aged 23 (±5) who takes the same drugs is studied.
This is a personalized study for a 23 year old male patient who has Hives, Strep throat. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Benadryl has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from 29,395 Benadryl users)
Penicillin-vk has active ingredients of penicillin v potassium. It is often used in tooth abscess. (latest outcomes from 256 Penicillin-vk users)
What are the conditions
Hives can be treated by Zyrtec, Benadryl, Prednisone, Atarax, Xyzal, Doxepin Hydrochloride. (latest reports from 1,037 Hives patients)
Strep throat (a bacterial infection of the throat causing sore throat;) can be treated by Amoxicillin, Azithromycin, Penicillin, Cephalexin, Penicillin-vk, Augmentin '875'. (latest reports from 503 Strep Throat patients)
On Feb, 1, 2015: 1 male aged 16 (±5) who take Benadryl, Penicillin-vk is studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Hives, Strep throat
- Benadryl - 50MG (diphenhydramine hydrochloride): used for 6 - 12 months
- Penicillin-vk - EQ 500MG BASE (penicillin v potassium): used for 6 - 12 months
eHealthMe real world results:
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related mobile support group
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Hives
- support group for people who have Strep Throat
- support group for people who take Benadryl
- support group for people who take Penicillin-vk
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does zoloft cause ringing in the ears, like tinnitus? i've been on it for a month and noticed the ringing in the ears about a week ago, and it's just constant ringing and it's driving me insane. (1 answer)
I've been on most of the medications for more than a year and it hasn't been that bad getting used to them. But I've been on Zoloft and ambien for about a month now, and I've been noticing a lot of side effects. The one I just recently noticed and that has been driving me completely insane, is the ringing in the ears. It's been about a week now and I just don't know what to do anymore. If it is the Zoloft then I can finally just stop taking it and make this stop. If anyone has an answer or knows what to do, PLEASE help. I'm at my wits end.
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- My breasts have been very tender since taking penicillin. they've never been this tender before
I have been taking penicillin for an infection in my tooth 2 tablets twice a day and since then I have experienced breast tenderness about the 2nd or 3rd day taking it. They've never been this tender before.
- Gnc hair skin and nails gave me a severe rash and hives
I've been using GNC Hair Skin and Nails tablets for about a month and I burst out in a severe rash and hives on my hands, arms and neck. My hair didn't grow much of a difference and my nails, though they were stronger,kept breaking after a few weeks.I discontinued taking the tablets about a week now but the rash has not improved much. I will advise others to go natural and forget these tablets that offers you miracle results because there is always a catch to it.
- Dyphenhydramine and headaches horrible going one almost 24 hours a day for 4 weeks and cant get them to stop, now looking for cause . think its the dyphenhydramine im taking to help me sleep .
have been taking 3 dyphenhydramine for some time to help me sleep , just in last few weeks began having severe headache almost all the time.. cant get it to go away. just found out it can cause headache and am going to lower my intake to one per night and see if my headaches get better. am taking migrane meds and that hasnt helped a bit so think its not migranes im having. some other reason.
- Penicillin caused dysuria, frequency, urgency
Urinary symptoms began 2-3 days after beginning Pen-V-K by mouth. Did not have these previously.
- Nightmare on benadryl
After 5 nights without sleep and not having past bad dreams, the last 2 night's taking walfrin sub, for benadryl has terrified THE WORST OF WORST dream in my 55 years. Peaceful start of a dream then seeing myself or family,friends get slottard.crazy thing is I don't watch scary movies or the news. I think I'm going to pass on this meds, and pass out next time :) thank you,God bless
Related drug interaction studies:
- Penicillin-vk and Benadryl drug interactions (278 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Benadryl for Hives reported by 48 people (updated 43 minutes ago)
- Penicillin-vk for Strep Throat reported by 11 people (updated 12 hours ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Hives (27 drugs in 254 reports) (updated 2 weeks ago)
- Strep Throat (22 drugs in 225 reports) (updated 3 days ago)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.