A study for a 23-year old man who takes Benadryl, Penicillin-vk
Summary: 1 male patient aged 23 (±5) who takes the same drugs is studied.
This is a personalized study for a 23 year old male patient who has Hives, Strep throat. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
On Apr, 9, 2015: 1 male aged 16 (±5) who take Benadryl, Penicillin-vk is studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Hives, Strep throat
- Benadryl - 50MG (diphenhydramine hydrochloride): used for 6 - 12 months
- Penicillin-vk - EQ 500MG BASE (penicillin v potassium): used for 6 - 12 months
eHealthMe real world results:
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related support group
You are not alone! Join a related support group:
- support group for people who have Hives
- support group for people who have Strep Throat
- support group for people who take Benadryl
- support group for people who take Penicillin-vk
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of side effects of Benadryl for a 22-year old woman with Bee Sting. The patient has Cold Sore
- A study of side effects of Benadryl for a 26-year old man with Allergy To Plants. The patient has Jaundice
- A study of side effects of Penicillin-vk for a 23-year old woman with Tooth Infection. The patient has Hunger
- A study of side effects of Benadryl for a 42-year old woman with Hydrocodone And Acetaminophen Overdose. The patient has Metallic Alkaline Taste In Mouth On The Tongue All Food And Water Taste Like A Battery
- A study of drug interactions between Penicillin-vk, Phentermine, Mirena for a 36-year old woman with Antibiotic Level, Weight Loss, Birth Control. The patient has Muscle Weakness, Low Platelet Count, Sinus Infection, Aches - Leg, Fatigue
Related drug interaction studies:
- Penicillin-vk and Benadryl drug interactions (278 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Benadryl for Hives reported by 39 people (updated 3 hours ago)
- Penicillin-vk for Strep Throat reported by 11 people (updated 6 hours ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Hives (27 drugs in 255 reports) (updated 2 months ago)
- Strep Throat (22 drugs in 225 reports) (updated 3 months ago)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.