Benadryl, Penicillin-vk for a 22-year old man
This is a personalized study for a 22 year old male patient who has Hives, Strep throat. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
Get a free personalized report of your drugs: we study for you 352 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. Start to use eHealthMe >>>
What are the drugs
Benadryl (what 29,335 Benadryl users reported?) has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is used in allergies.
Penicillin-vk (what 252 Penicillin-vk users reported?) has active ingredients of penicillin v potassium. It is used in tooth abscess.
What are the conditions
Hives (latest reports from 3,284 patients) can be treated by Zyrtec, Benadryl, Prednisone, Atarax, Xyzal, Allegra.
Strep throat (a bacterial infection of the throat causing sore throat;) (latest reports from 445 patients) can be treated by Amoxicillin, Azithromycin, Penicillin, Cephalexin, Augmentin '875', Penicillin-vk.
On Jul, 27, 2014: 1 male aged 16 (±5) who take Benadryl, Penicillin-vk is studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Hives, Strep throat
- Benadryl - 50MG (diphenhydramine hydrochloride): used for 6 - 12 months
- Penicillin-vk - EQ 500MG BASE (penicillin v potassium): used for 6 - 12 months
eHealthMe real world results:
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Hives
- support group for people who have Strep Throat
- support group for people who take Benadryl
- support group for people who take Penicillin-vk
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Can 100mg doxycycline hyclate be taken at the same time with zithromax?
Patient was bitten by a deer tick and is taking doxycycline as preventive measure. A throat infection is developing for which the doxycycline seems to have no effect, though azithromycin has proven rapidly effective in the past. Should the doxycycline be discontinued during the azithromycin cycle? ...
- Can eczema of scalp cause headaches
I had had headaches for some weeks with burning sensation of hairline and scalp which has now been diagmpsed as eczema of the scalp. Inflamation markers are up in blood count
- Is there allergy medicines that you should not take with vwd
I am wondering what can be taken for allergies or medication I should avoid for people with von willebrands?
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Penicillin vk induced drowsiness
I have been taking Penicillin VK and Acetaminophen for a severe pain I had been feeling in my ear. It's been 48 hours since I started taking them. Within the first 24 hours the pain had calmed down and I was feeling normal. However, since day 2 started, I have been feeling really drowsy. I keep fall ...
- Allergic to ivp dye bad reaction to pyridium
I am allergic to IVP dye (Iodine) I had discovered this over 20 years ago when I had kidney stones and was injected with the IVP. I was asked beforehand if I was allergic to shellfish and told them I didn't know since at the time I had never eaten seafood. After the injected me and walked out of the ...
- Leg pain and occasional arm and hand pain
I started having leg pains at night, lower leg felt like the muscle and bone were being pulled causing sharp pain. It was relieved by getting up and walking but would last most of the night. I finally realized after suffering this over and over for months, that it only happened when I had taken be ...
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Benadryl for Hives reported by 46 people (updated 1 day ago)
- Penicillin-vk for Strep Throat reported by 11 people (updated 11 hours ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Hives (27 drugs in 246 reports) (updated 3 months ago)
- Strep Throat (22 drugs in 221 reports) (updated 1 month ago)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.