Benadryl, Penicillin-vk for a 22-year old man
This is a study of Benadryl, Penicillin-vk for a 22 year old male patient who has Hives, Strep throat. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
How are my drugs for patients like me? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now, it's anonymous, simple & free >>>
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Hives, Strep throat
- Benadryl - 50MG (diphenhydramine hydrochloride): used for 6 - 12 months
- Penicillin-vk - EQ 500MG BASE (penicillin v potassium): used for 6 - 12 months
On Jan, 25, 2014: 1 male aged 16 (±5) who reported to have interactions when taking Benadryl, Penicillin-vk is studied
Most common interactions experienced by males aged 16 (±5) in the use of Benadryl, Penicillin-vk:
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Transmission Of Drug Via Semen||1|
Most common interactions experienced by males aged 16 (±5) in long term use of Benadryl, Penicillin-vk:
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Benadryl for Hives reported by 46 people (updated 8 hours ago)
- Penicillin-vk for Strep Throat reported by 11 people (updated 12 hours ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Hives (26 drugs in 240 reports) (updated 1 month ago)
- Strep Throat (21 drugs in 212 reports) (updated 1 month ago)
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Is there allergy medicines that you should not take with vwd
I am wondering what can be taken for allergies or medication I should avoid for people with von willebrands?
- Have benadryl users ever experienced sudden onset hearing loss in one ear? does i hearing return?
I've been taking Benadryl tablets to control intense itching for the past two months or so. My last tablet was 2 days ago. Today, over the course of 2 hours, I've lost a significant amount of hearing in one ear. Has anyone else experienced this? Was your hearing restored, and if so, with treatmen ...
- How do you know for sure benadryl caused the hair loss
I'm 36 years old and have been taking Benadryl to help sleep for 6-8 months, 4-5 nights a week. The past couple months I've noticed a ton of shedding especially around my crown towards the mid to back of my part and now see my scalp through the hair that is still there. I'm starting to panic and ha ...
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Allergic to ivp dye bad reaction to pyridium
I am allergic to IVP dye (Iodine) I had discovered this over 20 years ago when I had kidney stones and was injected with the IVP. I was asked beforehand if I was allergic to shellfish and told them I didn't know since at the time I had never eaten seafood. After the injected me and walked out of the ...
- Leg pain and occasional arm and hand pain
I started having leg pains at night, lower leg felt like the muscle and bone were being pulled causing sharp pain. It was relieved by getting up and walking but would last most of the night. I finally realized after suffering this over and over for months, that it only happened when I had taken be ...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.