A study for a 23-year old man who takes Benadryl, Penicillin-vk
Summary: 1 male patient aged 23 (±5) who takes the same drugs is studied.
This is a personalized study for a 23 year old male patient who has Hives, Strep throat. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
On Mar, 8, 2015: 1 male aged 16 (±5) who take Benadryl, Penicillin-vk is studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Hives, Strep throat
- Benadryl - 50MG (diphenhydramine hydrochloride): used for 6 - 12 months
- Penicillin-vk - EQ 500MG BASE (penicillin v potassium): used for 6 - 12 months
eHealthMe real world results:
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related support group
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group on :
- support group for people who have Hives
- support group for people who have Strep Throat
- support group for people who take Benadryl
- support group for people who take Penicillin-vk
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of side effects of Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride for a 68-year old woman with Sleepy. The patient has Edema Ankles, Legs
- A study of side effects of Benadryl for a 40-year old woman with Allergy To Chemicals. The patient has Yeast Infection - Vagina (fungal infection of vagina)
- A study of side effects of Benadryl for a 56-year old woman with Hives. The patient has Loss Of Taste
- A study of side effects of Benadryl for a 41-year old woman with Bee Sting. The patient has Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Carisoprodol, Clonazepam, Levothyroxine Sodium, Estradiol, Sulindac, Lactulose, Probiotics, Benadryl, Strattera, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM for a 75-year old woman with Arthritis, Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Low Thyroid, Hormone Level Abnormal, Reactive Arthritis, Dairy Product Intolerance, Acid Base Balance Abnormal, Sinusitis, Listless, Depression - Elderly. The patient has Increased Bloating And Indigestion, Digestive Tract Abnormality
Related drug interaction studies:
- Penicillin-vk and Benadryl drug interactions (278 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Benadryl for Hives reported by 39 people (updated 6 hours ago)
- Penicillin-vk for Strep Throat reported by 11 people (updated 2 days ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Hives (27 drugs in 255 reports) (updated 2 weeks ago)
- Strep Throat (22 drugs in 225 reports) (updated 1 month ago)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.