From FDA reports: drug interactions between Phentermine Hydrochloride, Citalopram Hydrobromide for a Female patient aged 47
This is a personalized study of Phentermine Hydrochloride, Citalopram Hydrobromide drug interactions for a 47 year old female patient who has Weight Control, Depression. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 7 reports from FDA.
Do you have a question? Healthcare is personal: one drug can work differently between women and men, or for people of different ages. How do you find patients like you to answer your question, and ensure only patients like you can answer it? Our Personalized Q&A can help. Start now
What are the drugs
Phentermine hydrochloride has active ingredients of phentermine hydrochloride. It is used in weight loss, lipids abnormal, obesity, weight abnormal, appetite - decreased, exercise and weight loss.
Citalopram hydrobromide has active ingredients of citalopram hydrobromide. It is used in depression, stress and anxiety, generalized anxiety disorder, dysthymia, depressed mood, major depression.
On Apr, 27, 2013: 7 females aged 43 (±5) who reported to have interactions when taking Phentermine Hydrochloride, Citalopram Hydrobromide are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Weight Control, Depression
- Phentermine Hydrochloride - 30MG (phentermine hydrochloride): used for 1 - 2 years
- Citalopram Hydrobromide - EQ 20MG BASE (citalopram hydrobromide): used for 1 - 6 months
eHealthMe real world results:
Most common interactions experienced by females aged 43 (±5) in the use of Phentermine Hydrochloride, Citalopram Hydrobromide:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
Most common interactions experienced by females aged 43 (±5) in long term use of Phentermine Hydrochloride, Citalopram Hydrobromide:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Phentermine Hydrochloride for Weight Control reported by 729 people (updated 1 week ago)
- Citalopram Hydrobromide for Depression reported by 902 people (updated 2 days ago)
Side effects in real world:
Related personalized Q&As (what is this?):
- What if any are the interaction side effects of celexa, amytriptyline, and dilantin?
(for a 33 year old man who has Sleeplessness, Depression, Seizures, and takes Celexa, Dilantin-30, Elavil)
I am being treated by a LPN due to financial hardship, and I have heard that the office is notorious for giving drugs that have caused negative effects in patients. The Dilantin is for my seizures, the celexa is for my depression and the Elavil is for my sleeplessness. I just want to know of any n ...
- Is my sporadic excessive sweating caused phentermine
(for a 56 year old woman who has Obesity, and takes Phentermine)
I have been on Phentermine 37.5 for 8 months (with one mandatory 1 month off). I have also been going through menopause for the past 8 years and taking estrogen and progesterone for the past 3 years. I'm trying to determine which may be causing excessive sweating, primarily on my head. It doesn't ha ...
- I was asymptomatic when they started me on levothyroxine. my tsh was 4.01. after taking for a month tsh was 2.50. i have been on it for 2 yr and have hair loss. does it cause thyroid to atrophy?
(for a 56 year old woman who has High Density Lipoprotein, Moderate Depression, Hypoactive Thyroid, and takes Lovastatin, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Levothyroxine Thyroid)
I also take fish oil supplement, one multivitamin and vitamin D. I'd like to get my own thyroid working again without taking the medication. I also feel the practitioner who started me on it didn't know enough before doing so and I should have waited before taking this. I now have very dry hair, ski ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Cyclobenzaprine, Phentermine Hydrochloride, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Yasmin, Multivitamins, Other Combinations for a patient with Back Pain, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Pregnancy (Birth control), Cholecystitis Chronic, Pain, Injury, Deep Vein Thrombosis (Deep venous thrombosis), Gallbladder Non-functioning
- A study of drug interactions between Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride, Fenofibrate, Lasix, Nexium, Buspirone Hcl, Phentermine Hydrochloride, Klor-con, Plavix, Acetylsalicylic Acid Srt, Ibuprofen, Ranolazine, Crestor, Toprol-xl, Nitro-dur, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Neuropax for a patient with Seasonal Allergy, Hypercholesterolaemia, Oedema, Prophylaxis, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Weight Decreased, Mineral Supplementation, Coronary Artery Disease, Cardiovascular Event Prophylaxis, Osteoarthritis, Chest Discomfort, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypertension, Anxiety, Restless Legs Syndrome. The patient has Chest Pain, Epistaxis (Nosebleed), Dyspnoea (Breathing difficulty)
- A study of drug interactions between Nitro-dur, Klor-con, Lasix, Citalopram, Fenofibrate, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Plavix, Phentermine Hydrochloride, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride, Ibuprofen Tablets, Nexium, Ranolazine, Acetylsalicylic Acid, Toprol-xl, Crestor, Neuropax for a patient with Chest Discomfort, Mineral Supplementation, Oedema, Anxiety, Hypercholesterolaemia, Stress, Coronary Artery Disease, Weight Decreased, Hypersensitivity, Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Prophylaxis, Cardiovascular Event Prophylaxis, Hypertension, Restless Legs Syndrome. The patient has Dyspnoea (Breathing difficulty), Chest Pain, Epistaxis (Nosebleed)
- A study of drug interactions between Risperdal, Adderall 10, Dicyclomine, Zyprexa, Xenical, Pepcid, Nexium, Zoloft, Celexa, Ambien, Paxil, Phentermine Hydrochloride for a patient with Bipolar Disorder, Weight Increased. The patient has Gallbladder Polyp, Depression, Anxiety (Stress and anxiety), Abdominal Pain, Renal Cyst, Nausea, Lethargy (Fatigue), Decreased Appetite (Appetite - decreased), Hepatic Steatosis, Hyperhidrosis, Extrapyramidal Disorder, Cholelithiasis (Gallstones), Dizziness, Dystonia (Movement - uncontrolled or slow), Tardive Dyskinesia, Weight Increased, Abdominal Distension
- A study of drug interactions between Mirena, Demerol, Fentanyl, Adipex, Nubain, Scopolamine, Celexa, Diprospan, Versal for a patient with Chills, Pain. The patient has Injury, Post Procedural Haemorrhage, Emotional Distress, Device Breakage
- A study of drug interactions between Paxil, Celexa, Risperdal, Pepcid, Adderall 10, Phentermine Hydrochloride, Zoloft, Xenical, Dicyclomine, Zyprexa, Ambien, Nexium for a patient with Weight Increased, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Hepatic Steatosis, Weight Increased, Depression, Abdominal Distension, Gallbladder Polyp, Nausea, Dystonia (Movement - uncontrolled or slow), Renal Cyst, Hyperhidrosis, Lethargy (Fatigue), Decreased Appetite (Appetite - decreased), Cholelithiasis (Gallstones), Dizziness, Abdominal Pain, Extrapyramidal Disorder, Anxiety (Stress and anxiety), Tardive Dyskinesia
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Geodon, Phentermine, Adipex, Abilify, Risperdal, Benicar, Zyprexa, Lithium, Cymbalta, Remeron, Lexapro, Celexa, Orphenadrine Citrate, Lithotabs, Ambien, Lasix, Trilafon for a patient with Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Weight Control. The patient has Hyperglycaemia (Hyperglycemia), Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus (Type 2 diabetes), Blood Cholesterol Increased (High Blood Cholesterol), Affective Disorder, Loss Of Consciousness, Vision Blurred, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Diabetic Neuropathy, Asthenia (Weakness), Syncope (Fainting), Hyperlipidaemia, Weight Increased, Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Adipex, Geodon, Prevacid, Wellbutrin, Effexor, Paxil, Ambien, Celexa, Lorazepam, Ranitidine, Vioxx, Risperdal for a patient with Anxiety, Depression, Schizophrenia, Weight Control. The patient has Obesity, Diabetes Mellitus (Diabetes), Blood Triglycerides Increased (High Blood Cholesterol), Blood Cholesterol Increased (High Blood Cholesterol)
- A study of drug interactions between Vancomycin, Rifampin, Aspirin, Lortab, Adipex-p, Toprol-xl, Ambien, Xanax, Fish Oil, Celexa, Lasix, Maxzide, Omeprazole, Potassium Chloride, Ibuprofen Tablets, Lodrane Sa for a patient with Knee Arthroplasty. The patient has White Blood Cell Count Decreased
- A study of drug interactions between Paxil, Flomax, Baclofen Tablet, Mirapex, Namenda, Vesicare, Abilify, Topamax, Solu-medrol, Neurontin, Folic Acid, Phentermine, Vitamin B-12, Vivactil, Bextra, Effexor Xm, Fastin, Advil Liqui-gels, Lexapro, Trazodone Hcl, Vitamin C, Centrum Vitamin, Extra Strength Tylenol, Celexa, Promethazine Syrup, Ddavp Spray .001%, Detrol La, Betaseron, Reminyl, Allovert for a patient with Obsessive-compulsive Disorder, Urinary Tract Disorder, Muscle Spasticity, Restless Legs Syndrome, Memory Impairment, Hypersensitivity. The patient has Suicidal Ideation, Pathological Gambling, Pain, Fatigue, Depression, Convulsion, Compulsive Shopping, Asthenia (Weakness), Anxiety (Stress and anxiety)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent drug studies on eHealthMe:
- Yasmin, Vitamins, Alprazolam for a 32-year old woman who has PMS, Fatigue, Anxiety (5 minutes ago)
- Simvastatin for a 69-year old man who has Fexofenadine (52 minutes ago)
- Nuvaring, Viibryd, Xanax, Adderall 30 for a 27-year old woman who has Birth Control And Family Planning, Depression - Major, Anxiety Disorder, Panic Attacks , Focus, Concentration (54 minutes ago)
- Allopurinol, Finasteride, Perindopril Erbumine for a 69-year old man who has Gout, Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure (56 minutes ago)
- Trazodone Hydrochloride for a 29-year old woman who has Anxiety & Insomnia (1 hour ago)
- Levaquin for a 48-year old woman who has Infection (3 hours ago)
- Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Homatropine Methylbromide for a 55-year old man who has Pain (4 hours ago)
- Wellbutrin Sr, Strattera for a 40-year old woman who has Depression , ADD (4 hours ago)
- Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a 39-year old woman who has Migraine Without Aura (4 hours ago)
- Fenofibrate, Hyzaar, Estradiol, Topamax, Zoloft, Glucovance for a 50-year old woman who has Hypocholesterolaemia, Blood Pressure Management, Total Hysterectomy, Migraine Prophylaxis, Anxiety And Stress, Diabetes Mellitus Management (4 hours ago)