Risperdal, Ativan, Ritalin for a 42-year old man
Summary: 4 male patients aged 42 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied.
This is a personalized study for a 42 year old male patient who has Bipolar I Disorder. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Risperdal (latest outcomes from 42,216 users) has active ingredients of risperidone. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Ativan (latest outcomes from 35,196 users) has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Ritalin (latest outcomes from 11,196 users) has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
What are the conditions
Bipolar i disorder (mood disorder that is characterized by at least one manic or mixed episode) (latest reports from 9,879 patients) can be treated by Lamictal, Lithium Carbonate, Abilify, Seroquel, Lamotrigine, Depakote.
On Nov, 23, 2014: 4 males aged 37 (±5) who take Risperdal, Ativan, Ritalin are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Bipolar I Disorder
- Risperdal - 3MG (risperidone)
- Ativan - 0.5MG (lorazepam)
- Ritalin - 20MG (methylphenidate hydrochloride)
eHealthMe real world results:
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||Diabetes Mellitus (diabetes, caused by a deficiency of the pancreatic hormone insulin)||n/a||n/a||Diabetes Mellitus (diabetes, caused by a deficiency of the pancreatic hormone insulin)|
|Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control||Insomnia (sleeplessness)|
|Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus||Suicidal Ideation|
|Rhabdomyolysis (a condition in which damaged skeletal muscle tissue breaks down)|
|Restlessness (not able to rest)|
|Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood)|
|Renal Failure Acute (rapid kidney dysfunction)|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related mobile support group
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Bipolar I Disorder
- support group for people who take Ativan
- support group for people who take Risperdal
- support group for people who take Ritalin
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is taking 1.5 or 2 mg lorazepam while on suboxone dangerous, suboxone is being used for opaite dependence and pain and lorazepam is used for anxiety
(Asked by a 40 year old man who has Narcotic Abuse, and takes Lorazepam)
I am taking about 20 to 22 MG of suboxone a day but I also take 2 mg of Lorazepam a day for anxiety, is it dangerous to do so. I do not exceed the doses mentioned at all.
- Why do i keep getting multiple muscle tears from minimal exertion
(Asked by a 42 year old man who takes Testosterone Cypionate, Armour Thyroid, Ritalin)
I keep getting muscle tears when using low force, like raising my leg for a leg kick( partial calf tear), pushing a screwdriver to remove a screw ( partial bicep tear), running on the treadmill (partial calf tear), even a hug which resulted in a pec tear.
- Has anyone out there on risperdal been able to find a remedy for the fatigue, lethargy and tiredness that risperdal causes?
(Asked by a 42 year old man who has Misdiagnosed As Schizophrenia, and takes Risperdal Consta)
I am unable to convince the doctor that I do not have a mental illness and I am supervised by the courts to take the risperdal consta injections.
More questions for: Bipolar I Disorder
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Bowel Movement Irregularity, Withdrawal Syndrome, and takes Wellbutrin Sr, Prozac, Lorazepam)
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first ...
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Long-term use of risperidone and antidepressants
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Progesterone Decreased, Adrenal Insufficiency, Bipolar 2, and takes Progesterone, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Risperdal)
I have been using Risperdal and antidepressants for 14 years for bipolar disorder. Last month I was diagnosed with adrenal insufficiency and progesterone deficiency. My cholesterol suddenly became high, I was tired all the time and more symptoms relating to my eventual diagnosis of adrenal insuffic ...
- Sleep apnea and vertigo
(Posted by a 57 year old woman who has Vertigo And Sleep Apnea, and takes Lorazepam)
Previous to Lorazepam, I was taking Mekclezine. Both makes me feel worst longer with vertigo. Usually when I fall asleep without my mouth guard, I get a serious bout of Vertigo for several days and the medications just cause more dizziness and the problem last even longer. I also find when I am u ...
- Valtrex 3 months systemic candida
(Posted by a 20 year old woman who has Systemic Candida Caused By Valtres, and takes Lorazepam, Diflucan, Valtrex)
NOTE: IF YOU TAKE VALTREX FOR WHATEVER REASON, EITHER TAKE GOOD PROBIOTICS, OR GET ON A CANDIDA DIET. A MUST. You don't want to run the risk of messing up your colon with leaky gut syndrome after the yeast has done its damage. Please read the following story. My daughter has been autism spectru ...
More reviews for: Bipolar I Disorder
Related drug interaction studies:
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Risperdal for Bipolar I Disorder reported by 42 people (updated 2 days ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Bipolar I Disorder (64 drugs in 1,816 reports) (updated 1 week ago)
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide, Celexa, Clozapine, Lotrimin, Enalapril Maleate, Simvastatin, Lovenox, Albuterol, Lorazepam, Meropenem, Nystatin, Zofran, Oxytocin, Quetiapine Fumarate, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a patient with Hypertension, Unknown, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Bedridden, Lung Disorder, Oral Thrush, Pain, Psychosis, Pneumonia Streptococcal. The patient has Weakness, Agitation, Delusions, Mixed
Comments: was in ICU on ventalator for 14 dyas , moved to regular room for 7 days not getting any better mentally
- A study of side effects of Ativan for a patient with Anxiety. The patient has Diarrhea
Comments: 5th day on drug
- A study of drug interactions between Voltaren, Multivitamin, Celexa, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Concerta, Wellbutrin Xl for a patient with Knee Swelling, Nutrition - Inadequate, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Esophageal Spasm, Adhd. The patient has Hypersensitivity, Insomnia Concerns, Decreased Appetite, Obsessive Thoughts, Body Temperature Increased, Paranoia
Comments: Adult ADHD with anxiety. Recently been developing paranoia symptoms
- A study of drug interactions between Concerta, Loestrin Fe 1/20, Lamictal, Prozac for a patient with ADHD, Birth Control, Mood Disorder, Depression. The patient has Mood Swings, Headache, Confusion Aggravated, Absence Seizure, Fainting
Comments: Lamictal was doubled and during menses, the episodes started
- A study of drug interactions between Lorazepam, Hydroxyzine, Risperidone for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Tourette Syndrome. The patient has Hematuria
Comments: First time dark brown hematuria twice then cleared up then 6days later red hematuria twice then cleared up again no pain either time
More related studies for: Bipolar I Disorder
Common symptoms:Men of age 40-49 with Bipolar I Disorder:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.