What could cause Anxiety for a 61-year old man?
This is a personalized study for a 61 year old male patient who has ADHD, Anxiety Disorder. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 16 male patients aged 61 (±5) who take the same drugs from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Ritalin (latest outcomes from 11,193 users) has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
Buspar (latest outcomes from 11,040 users) has active ingredients of buspirone hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
What are the conditions
Adhd (adhd-mental disorders that develop in children) (latest reports from 52,639 patients) can be treated by Vyvanse, Concerta, Adderall 20, Adderall 30, Ritalin, Strattera.
Anxiety disorder (excessive, uncontrollable, unexplained and often irrational worry) (latest reports from 36,210 patients) can be treated by Xanax, Klonopin, Clonazepam, Lexapro, Zoloft, Ativan.
What is the symptom
Anxiety (latest reports from 1,287,438 patients) has been reported by people with depression, stress and anxiety, quit smoking, multiple sclerosis, pain.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 16 males aged 56 (±5) who take Ritalin, Buspar are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: ADHD, Anxiety Disorder
- Ritalin - 20MG (methylphenidate hydrochloride): used for 6 - 12 months
- Buspar - 30MG (buspirone hydrochloride): used for < 1 month
Drug interactions have: severe anxiety
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
|Interaction||Number of reports on eHealthMe|
|Anxiety||4 (25.00% of males aged 56 (±5) who take the drugs)|
(as an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea)
|Symptom (click a symptom for in-depth analysis)||Number of reports on eHealthMe|
|Anxiety in Adhd||30 (3.60% of males aged 56 (±5) who have Adhd)|
|Anxiety in Anxiety Disorder||22 (3.43% of males aged 56 (±5) who have Anxiety disorder)|
(as an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea)
|Side effect (click a side effect for in-depth analysis)||Number of reports on eHealthMe|
|Anxiety in Ritalin||35 (8.08% of males aged 56 (±5) who take Ritalin)|
|Anxiety in Buspar||68 (11.06% of males aged 56 (±5) who take Buspar)|
Drug effectiveness over time :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Ritalin is effective||n/a||n/a||0.00%|
(0 of 2 people)
|Buspar is effective||n/a||n/a||n/a||0.00%|
(0 of 1 people)
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Anxiety||Diabetes Mellitus||Suicidal Ideation||Suicidal Ideation||n/a||n/a||n/a||Fatigue|
|Syncope||Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus||Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus||Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus||Memory Impairment|
|Heart Rate Decreased||Neuropathy Peripheral||Neuropathy Peripheral||Neuropathy Peripheral||Nervousness|
|Blood Pressure Decreased||Suicidal Ideation||Hyperglycaemia||Hyperglycaemia||Drug Effect Decreased|
|Hernia||Diabetes Mellitus||Hernia||Blood Culture Positive|
|Syncope||Inguinal Hernia||Inguinal Hernia||Drug Level Decreased|
|Heart Rate Decreased||Anxiety||Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness||Liver Injury|
|Inguinal Hernia||Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness||Speech Disorder|
|Blood Pressure Decreased||Dyspnoea|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related mobile support group
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ritalin and have Anxiety
- support group for people who take Buspar and have Anxiety
- support group for people who have Anxiety and ADHD
- support group for people who have Anxiety and Anxiety Disorder
- support group for people who have ADHD
- support group for people who have Anxiety Disorder
- support group for people who have Anxiety
- support group for people who take Buspar
- support group for people who take Ritalin
Recent conversations of related support groups:
- Support group for people who have Anxiety
I got lots of rest today so hopefully tomorrow will be great
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What can i do to help my wife who is on ambien and sometimes has horrible restless leg syndrome?
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has ADD, Restless Leg Syndrome, Insomnia, and takes Adderall, Ambien)
She will take her meds like a hour and a half before actually going to sleep. The Zambian that is and sometimes she has uncontrolled restless leg syndrome. She has to move them a certain way and everything. This last time it lasted a hour and a half. I was just wondering if there is anything I could ...
- Can i take my ativan if i'm taking phenteremine?
(Asked by a 40 year old woman who has Anxiety, and takes Ativan)
I just started taking phenteremine and I can't sleep. I take it at 6 am Am I able to take an Ativan at bed time?
- Is cogentin in the same family as diazapam
(Asked by a 65 year old man who has Anxiety Disorder, and takes Cogentin)
I need to know if Cogentin is like a valium or has the same ingredients
- Any experience or studies of vyvance (lisdexamfetamine) causing vit b12 absorbsion issues and ultimately deficiency?
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has Vitamin B12 Deficiency, ADHD, Pernatious Anemia, and takes Sertraline, Vyvanse)
Taking Vyvance for about 12 months and just been diagnosed with Pernicious Anaemia and Vit B12 deficiency. Symptoms triggering B12/Intrisic factor tests was extreme fatigue and foul mood during a menstrual cycle. Looking to see if anyone else has a similar issue or any knowledge of Vyvance causing ...
- Is it safe to take effexor and ibuprophen?
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Sinusitis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, and takes Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride, Doxycycline, Alprazolam, Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen, Tradjenta, Crestor)
Have sinus infection which I'm taking doxycycline and ibuprophen for headache. I also take Venlafaxine for GAD. Is it okay to take Advil or acetaminophen while taking venlafaxine, not at the same time??
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Buspar doesn't help anxiety and causes anger
(Posted by a 11 year old boy who has Severe Anxiety Disorder, Anxiety In Children, and takes Buspar)
My child has severe anxiety disorder the physchotrist said he has every type of anxity he started taking buspar last year it hasn't helped his anxiety at all but it makes him severly angeryhtalked to his new dr and she said he is no longer going to be taking buspar thank God this medication should n ...
- Zoplicine /and /xanax taken together
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has Anxiety, and takes Xanax)
I am wondering if zopocline is compatible with Xanax. I have taken the together and had no adverse effects. Has any had this experience?
- Generalised anxiety relief for me
(Posted by a 32 year old woman who has Social Avoidant Behaviour, Agitation, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, and takes Viibryd)
It's been almost a year on Viibryd. I have not had the brain fog/lack of personality I had with Zoloft, I feel like myself and not a zombie. It was a slightly rough start the first two weeks of it due to some increased agitation and insomnia but at a snap of a finger that was gone. I'm on a mild dos ...
- Transition from mirtazapine to cymbalta (bipolar ii) 6 week duration taken in conjunction with seroquel, propranalol and implanon
(Posted by a 37 year old woman who has Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar 2, and takes Mirtazapine, Implanon, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Seroquel, Cymbalta)
In early September I approached my Psychiatrist to report that I was having sleep paralysis episodes as well as insatiable appetite. I had put on about 20lb in the space of 6 months since the sleep paralysis started. My Psychiatrist opted to wean me off the Mirtazapine and onto Cymbalta. I have n ...
- Lexapro and memory loss
(Posted by a 23 year old woman who has PTSD, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, and takes Lexapro)
I actually have no idea what other medicine I was on the week I took Lexapro, it was back at the end of February 2014 right before I checked myself into the psych hospital. I formed no memory for a whole week just because of one drug! My friends and family tell me what happened that week and I have ...
Related drug interaction studies:
- Buspar and Ritalin drug interactions (266 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Ritalin for ADHD reported by 8 people (updated 7 hours ago)
- Buspar for Anxiety Disorder reported by 188 people (updated 13 hours ago)
In-depth study of side effects (who have it, when it happens and how):
- Anxiety (Stress and anxiety) in Ritalin reported by 551 people (updated 1 day ago)
- Anxiety (Stress and anxiety) in Buspar reported by 753 people (updated 1 day ago)
In-depth study of symptoms:
- Anxiety (Stress and anxiety) in ADHD reported by 1,337 people (updated 56 minutes ago)
- Anxiety (Stress and anxiety) in Anxiety Disorder reported by 636 people (updated 1 day ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Adhd (10 drugs in 61 reports) (updated 7 hours ago)
- Anxiety Disorder (92 drugs in 5,456 reports) (updated 1 day ago)
Drugs associated with:
Conditions associated with:
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Concerta, Loestrin Fe 1/20, Lamictal, Prozac for a patient with ADHD, Birth Control, Mood Disorder, Depression. The patient has Mood Swings, Headache, Confusion Aggravated, Absence Seizure, Fainting
Comments: Lamictal was doubled and during menses, the episodes started
- A study of side effects of Ritalin for a patient with Narcolepsy. The patient has Can't Move Fingers, Hands , Arms Intermittently
Comments: this has been going on for a year and a half where both of my hands and arms are completely useless for at least an hour a day. the past two weeks it has spread to my toes, feet, and legs, and now lasting 3 hours a day.
- A study of drug interactions between Concerta, Wellbutrin Xl for a patient with ADHD, Depression. The patient has Kidney Infection, Frequent Or Urgent Urination
Comments: always getting kidney infection. I have to wear a kotex so I don't pee all over myself.
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Buspirone Hydrochloride for a patient with Meniere's Disease, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Palpitations
Comments: Only happens occasionally. More when I am active. But sometimes just sitting. All the time when using computer or watching television. There are just days where I cannot even look at a computer screen for even 1 minute. Very frustrating. Palpitations are annoying and inconvenient.
- A study of drug interactions between Fluoxetine, Concerta for a patient with Depression, Add. The patient has Fatigue, Dizziness, Loss Of Appetite
Comments: I wouldn't mind losing a couple pounds, but I don't freakishly obsess over it. After I started taking the concerta in Aug. I started losing my appetite, and now when I try to eat after taking my pills in the morning, I feel sick and food just doesn't look appetizing any more.
Common symptoms:Men of age 60+ with Adhd:
- Urination - painful (16 reports)
- Feeling abnormal (16 reports)
- Depression (16 reports)
- Dizziness (15 reports)
- Insomnia (15 reports)
- High blood pressure (15 reports)
- Blood pressure management (15 reports)
- Fatigue (13 reports)
- Drowsiness (13 reports)
- Stress and anxiety (13 reports)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.