Drug interactions between Skelaxin, Ms Contin, Lortab for a 86-year old woman?
This is a personalized study of Skelaxin, Ms Contin, Lortab drug interactions for a 86 year old female patient who has Fibromyalgia Syndrome. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 185 female patients aged 86 (±5) who take the drugs and have drug interactions.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
On Mar, 5, 2014: 185 females aged 81 (±5) who reported to have interactions when taking Skelaxin, Ms Contin, Lortab are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Fibromyalgia Syndrome
- Skelaxin - 800MG (metaxalone): used for 5 - 10 years
- Ms Contin - 100MG (morphine sulfate): used for 5 - 10 years
- Lortab - 500MG;10MG (acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate): used for 5 - 10 years
eHealthMe real world results:
Most common interactions experienced by females aged 81 (±5) in the use of Skelaxin, Ms Contin, Lortab:
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Atrial Fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart)||43|
|Respiratory Failure (inadequate gas exchange by the respiratory system)||36|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||36|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||33|
|Anaemia (lack of blood)||28|
Most common interactions experienced by females aged 81 (±5) in long term use of Skelaxin, Ms Contin, Lortab:
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Abdominal Pain Lower||1|
How effective are the drugs for females aged 81 (±5):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Fibromyalgia Syndrome
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Related drug interaction studies:
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Skelaxin for Fibromyalgia Syndrome reported by 7 people (updated 41 minutes ago)
- Ms Contin for Fibromyalgia Syndrome reported by 7 people (updated 41 minutes ago)
- Lortab for Fibromyalgia Syndrome reported by 15 people (updated 41 minutes ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Fibromyalgia Syndrome (91 drugs in 2,512 reports) (updated 41 minutes ago)
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 months ago):
From this study (6 months ago):
Was in 2 car accidents in Feb., 2012. Mechanic left part off car both times! I have multiple spine injuries but the cord irritation caused shingles to come out on my face. I cant have thoracic surgery till shingles is no longer active. I have numerous new symptoms like high cholesterol and skin fungal infection and distended stomach and autonomic dysreflexia. I have hard time initiating a urine stream and cant push very well to hav a bowel movement.
Started Alimta and neurontin 4 days ago and started having increased shortness of breath with minimal exertion.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Which implants are better? stainless steel or titanium?
Which metallic implants help prevent hand stiffness and help the patient regain full recovery of occupational activities? Stainless steel or Titanium implants?
- Does acetazolamide help with intra nasal ketamine controlling your pain longer?
Thinking of having Ketamine infusion to reboot my Central Nervous System. I have been taking it in liquid form & nasally for the last year. Some relief but doesn't last! If I don't have RSD can it do me more harm than good??? Thank you for helping end the pain, I hope.
- What medications cause hair loss
Been experiencing hair loss for several months and the loss has increased the last couple of months. My doctor ran thyroid test and it was normal. The loss has been gradual and it is not breaking off, but coming out at the root.
More questions for: Fibromyalgia Syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- It has to be pls; leg weakness 2010, using cane wheelchair by dec.2013
fibromyalgia in 2000; sarcoidosis 2006; left knee weakness 2010,add right foot drag in 2012...using cane January 2013...using walker outside of the home starting December 2013! fasciculation, in right calf, tongue and left wrist, foot and hand cramps...cramp/spasms in right calf and right buttock... ...
- Lyrica caused my kidneys to shut down
I was on Lyrica for 6 weeks and it almost killed me. I was so weak at the end that my daughter had to help me get out of bed go to the bathroom. I gained 22 lbs in 10 days. I gained over 40 lbs in 6 weeks. My ankles and feet were so swollen that the skin was starting to break open. I was in and out ...
- Hair loss, no elevated mood or depression, nausea, tiredness
Due to hair loss I switched over to Morphine. The hair loss goes on. While taking Tramadol for 5 month I've already lost 2/3 of my long and thick hair. In about 3 month I'll be bold - as a woman. Tramadol elevated my mood. Morphine doesn't. It might even depress me - who knows? Taking 60mg at onc ...
More reviews for: Fibromyalgia Syndrome
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Multivitamin, Calcium Carbonate, CoQ10, Aspirin, Claritin, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Simvastatin, Wellbutrin Xl, Sertraline, Methadone Hydrochloride, Morphine Sulfate for a patient with Heart Injury, Vitamin B Complex Deficiency, Bone Density Increased, Seasonal Allergy, Breakthrough Pain, High Blood Cholesterol, Depression, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Chronic Pain. The patient has High Blood Cholesterol, Seasonal Allergy, Depression, Heart Injury, Herniated Intervertebral Disk (Herniated nucleus pulposus (slipped disk)), Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Prozac, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Aleve-d Sinus & Cold, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Morphine, Gabapentin for a patient with Stress And Anxiety, Depression Suicidal, Headache, Pain Management, Shingles. The patient has Eyelid Drooping, Tinnitus, Swallowing Difficulty, Barium Swallow Abnormal, Ldl/hdl Ratio Increased (High Blood Cholesterol), Autonomic Dysreflexia, Fungal Skin Infection, Distended Abdomen (Abdomen - swollen), Thoracic Root Pain, Nerve Root Injury Cervical, Nerve Root Injury Lumbar, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Skin Disorder, Pain - Rib Cage (Rib cage pain), Shoulder Pain, Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Neurontin, Carboplatin, Alimta, Lortab, Morphine Sulfate for a patient with Nerve Pain, Sclc, Cancer Pain. The patient has Shortness Of Breath (Breathing difficulty)
More related studies for: Fibromyalgia Syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.