What could cause Hot Flashes for a 52-year old woman?
This is a personalized study of Synthroid, Zegerid, Lorazepam drug interactions for a 52 year old female patient who has Hypothyroidism, Reflux esophagitis, Esophagitis. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 2 female patients aged 52 (±5) who take the drugs and have drug interactions.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Hypothyroidism, Reflux esophagitis, Esophagitis
- Synthroid - 0.1MG (levothyroxine sodium): used for 6 - 12 months
- Zegerid - 40MG;1.1GM (omeprazole; sodium bicarbonate): used for 1 - 6 months
- Lorazepam - 1MG (lorazepam): used for < 1 month
Drug interactions have: moderate hot flashes
On Feb, 2, 2014: 2 females aged 47 (±5) who reported to have interactions when taking Synthroid, Zegerid, Lorazepam are studied
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
|Interaction||Number of reports |
among females aged 47 (±5) who take the drugs
|Hot Flashes||1 (50.00%)|
(as an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea)
|Symptom||Number of reports |
among females aged 47 (±5) who have the condition, regardless of which drug is taken
|Hot Flashes in Hypothyroidism||3 (0.06%)|
|Hot Flashes in Reflux Esophagitis||3 (0.20%)|
|Hot Flashes in Esophagitis||1 (9.09%)|
(as an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea)
|Side effect||Number of reports |
among females aged 47 (±5) who take the drug
|Hot Flashes in Synthroid||2 (0.02%)|
|Hot Flashes in Zegerid||1 (0.79%)|
|Hot Flashes in Lorazepam||1 (0.02%)|
Most common interactions experienced by females aged 47 (±5) in the use of Synthroid, Zegerid, Lorazepam:
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Drug Dose Omission||1|
|Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water)||1|
|Heat Exhaustion (dizziness and nausea and weakness caused by depletion of body fluids and electrolytes)||1|
Most common interactions experienced by females aged 47 (±5) in long term use of Synthroid, Zegerid, Lorazepam:
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Related drug interaction studies:
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Synthroid for Hypothyroidism reported by 2,522 people (updated 8 hours ago)
- Zegerid for Reflux Esophagitis reported by 70 people (updated 3 hours ago)
In-depth study of side effects (who have it, when it happens and how):
- Hot Flashes in Synthroid reported by 13 people (updated 6 days ago)
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
- Hot Flashes in Hypothyroidism reported by 16 people (updated 2 days ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Esophagitis (6 drugs in 29 reports) (updated 8 months ago)
- Hypothyroidism (28 drugs in 5,506 reports) (updated 1 day ago)
- Reflux Esophagitis (50 drugs in 7,753 reports) (updated 23 hours ago)
Drugs associated with:
Conditions associated with:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 weeks ago):
From this study (2 months ago):
From this study (2 months ago):
For the past few months I have been craving sweets and getting up at night to eat. It's like some filter of block has been removed and I eat whatever with no discretion or moderation. Doesn't happen every night. I know I am stressed due to family deaths and recently moving. I had previously lost 60 lbs & have gained 10 back
The only thing I did different was to take the generic version of Cymbalta yesterday morning and today I awoke with blisters on my mouth and under my eye. I am highly allergic to LATEX and to my knowledge have had no contact with it.
I have been taking Levaquin for about a week around day 5 my knees started feeling stiff and sore getting worse by day 7 with swelling. I also had a massage on day 2 of the treatment.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By Gmanana: What medications cause hair loss
Been experiencing hair loss for several months and the loss has increased the last couple of months. My doctor ran thyroid test and it was normal. The loss has been gradual and it is not breaking off, but coming out at the root.
- By Cuervo: What forms of pain management are there for torn rotator cuff?
This is a ten year old injury, my first MRI was in 2005, didn't find anything significant. November 2013 2nd MRI shows significant tear as well as bursitis? My Dr really hasn't tried to manage the pain.
- By rabbit64: Is it safe to take garcinia cambogia when taking levothyroxine?
I want to lose 30 pounds by adding garcinia cambogia to my daily intake.
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By Cookiepress: Lipitor bad reaction
I was on lipitor for 5 years started at 10mg and the headaches started. At 5 years on I was up to 80mg and had severe migraines every day. Was also diagnosed with hypothyroidism and given synthroid. Also had a prescription for migraine meds that did nothing. My daughter found out she and her kids ha ...
- By Edie: Having trouble swallowing food
it started like having heartburn the food would not go down. Progressively got worse so went a digestive doctor she ran all kinds of test (scope, went up my nose and down my throat had problems with that one,cat scan and berium test. Well they found a mass on my thyroid and had to remove have of it ...
- By Angela Smith: Steven-johnsons syndrome caused by zoloft
Was diagnosed with depression start of last year due to my Aspergers multiplying school pressures for me. I was not put on any medication until 4 weeks ago. I was put on Zoloft 25mg, which slowly increased to 50mg. The moment I started on 50mg it caused severe lip dryness leading to cracking of the ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Warfarin Sodium, Vitamin B12, Selenium, Zinc Sulfate, Biotin, Folate, Vitamin D, Calcium, Multivitamin, Emsam, Lamictal, Ativan, Buspar, Surmontil, Lipitor, Lunesta, Levothyroxine Sodium, Protonix, Prilosec Otc, Flovent Hfa, Singulair, Fexofenadine Hydrochloride for a patient with Colitis, Deep Vein Thrombosis, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Hair Loss, Vitamin D Decreased, General Physical Condition, Chronic Depression, Anxiety, Depression, Hypercalcaemia, Insomnia, Hypothyroidism, Reflux Gastritis, Asthma, Allergies. The patient has Dizziness, Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome), Binge Eating
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Estropipate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Vitamin D, Cymbalta, HCTZ, Spironolactone, Zegerid Otc for a patient with Regulate Thyroid Levels, Hormone Level Abnormal, Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Vitamin D Abnormal, Fibromyalgia, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Gerd. The patient has Shingle Like Symptoms On Lip And Under Eye
- A study of drug interactions between Lorazepam, Arimidex, Synthroid, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Pristiq, Levaquin for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Breast Cancer In Situ, Thyroid Disorder, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Depression, Sinusitis. The patient has Knee Swelling (Joint swelling)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.