What could cause Tonic Seizures for a 35-year old man?
This is a personalized study for a 35 year old male patient who has Epilepsy, Pulled muscle. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 5 male patients aged 35 (±5) who take the same drugs from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Trileptal (latest outcomes from 11,878 users) has active ingredients of oxcarbazepine. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Flexeril (latest outcomes from 16,437 users) has active ingredients of cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride. It is often used in muscle spasms.
What are the conditions
Epilepsy (common and diverse set of chronic neurological disorders characterized by seizures) (latest reports from 69,335 patients) can be treated by Lamictal, Keppra, Tegretol, Dilantin, Lamotrigine, Topamax.
Pulled muscle (an injury to a muscle or tendon in which the muscle fibres tear as a result of overstretching) (latest reports from 56 patients) can be treated by Flexeril.
What is the symptom
Tonic seizures (all the muscles to suddenly become stiff) (latest reports from 658 patients) has been reported by people with seizures, epilepsy, depression, high blood cholesterol, acne.
On Nov, 15, 2014: 5 males aged 30 (±5) who take Trileptal, Flexeril are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Epilepsy, Pulled muscle
- Trileptal - 600MG (oxcarbazepine): used for 10+ years
- Flexeril - 10MG (cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride)
Drug interactions have: moderate tonic seizures
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
|Interaction||Number of reports on eHealthMe|
|Tonic Seizures (all the muscles to suddenly become stiff)||2 (40.00% of males aged 30 (±5) who take the drugs)|
(as an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea)
|Symptom (click a symptom for in-depth analysis)||Number of reports on eHealthMe|
|Tonic Seizures in Epilepsy||1 (0.07% of males aged 30 (±5) who have Epilepsy)|
|Tonic Seizures in Pulled Muscle||1 (20.00% of males aged 30 (±5) who have Pulled muscle)|
(as an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea)
|Side effect (click a side effect for in-depth analysis)||Number of reports on eHealthMe|
|Tonic Seizures in Trileptal||1 (0.22% of males aged 30 (±5) who take Trileptal)|
|Tonic Seizures in Flexeril||1 (0.25% of males aged 30 (±5) who take Flexeril)|
Drug effectiveness over time :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Trileptal is effective||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||100.00%|
(1 of 1 people)
|Flexeril is effective||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||0.00% |
(0 of 1 people)
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||Tonic Seizures (all the muscles to suddenly become stiff)||Diabetes Mellitus (diabetes, caused by a deficiency of the pancreatic hormone insulin)|
|Gastritis (inflammation of stomach)|
|Rash Papular (redness with papule)|
|Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas)|
|Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus|
|Ulcer (stomach ulcer)|
|Pancreatitis Acute (sudden inflammation of pancreas)|
|Blood Pressure Decreased (abnormally low blood pressure)|
|Rash Pruritic (redness with itching)|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related mobile support group
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Trileptal and have Tonic Seizures
- support group for people who take Flexeril and have Tonic Seizures
- support group for people who have Tonic Seizures and Epilepsy
- support group for people who have Tonic Seizures and Pulled muscle
- support group for people who have Epilepsy
- support group for people who have Pulled Muscle
- support group for people who have Tonic Seizures
- support group for people who take Flexeril
- support group for people who take Trileptal
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What is the sugar content of hydroxyzine syrup? how will it interact with the ketogenic diet for seizure disorder?
(Asked by a 18 year old boy who has Seizure Disorder)
Son is starting the ketogenic diet again after having been successful and seizure free for 13 years. Seizures are creeping back in so we are staring the diet again. Hydroxyzine is the only med that might have an interaction because it is a liquid syrup. I can't find anything that tells me the sug ...
- Why would i get copd since i never smoked?
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, PBC, AIH, Asthma, and takes Vitamin D, Calcium Carbonate, Anturol, Morphine Sulfate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pyridium, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Azathioprine, Proair Hfa, Advair Diskus 250/50, Combivent)
I have several autoimmune disorders, I was shocked to get the COPD diagnosis since I have never smoked but I had second hand smoke first 23 years of my life. My doctor said my Autoimmune Hepatitis and Primary Biliary Cholingitis set me up for COPD.
- If you stop taking oxcarbazepine will your hair grow back?
(Asked by a 47 year old man who has Hair Loss, and takes Oxcarbazepine)
has been getting thinner on top and now there's a little bald spot it just seems like the last month and a half maybe that I've noticed that my hair has been getting thinner on top and now there's a little bald spot where its really thin and you can see the scalp and he increased my dosage by 600 mi ...
- Can lamictal cause false positive pcp drug screen
(Asked by a 42 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Lamictal Xr)
I had a rapid urine drug screen for new employment and it shows positive for PCP. I have never taken or even seen PCP. I am so embarrassed and mortified. Needless to say my urine has been sent to a lab to see if it can rule out false positive results. I called my neurologist and my Pharmacist an ...
- Does nexplanon have nickel in it?
(Asked by a 20 year old woman who has Nickel Allergy , Epilepsy, and takes Zantac, Lidocaine Hydrochloride, Gabapentin)
I have a severe nickel allergy and I have epilepsy. I am considering explain to reduce periodes since my seizures are worse that time of the month. I need to know if nexplanon has nickel because I need to avoid it if it does.
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Levaquin side effects
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Epilepsy, COPD With Exacerbation, and takes Levaquin)
Prescribed for COPD flare-up, along with a 10 day course of prednisone. On day 5, I experienced extreme irritability. I was imagining what it would be like to shoot my husband. He had kicked me in his sleep and I was very seriously thinking of shooting that foot. I got up and secured the gun. Howeve ...
- Could trileptal cause benign intracranial hypertension
(Posted by a 9 year old girl who has IIH, and takes Trileptal)
My Daughter is 9 and was on Trileptal for three years and just started to have severe headaches that lasted for two weeks and were quickly and poorly diagnosed as a status migraine. Another week of pain and incorrect treatments finally led to more tests and the correct diagnosis of IIH. Supposedly ...
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Vicodin, Vitamin D, Depakote, Keppra)
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- I have less pain from my trigeminal neuralgia when i'm manic.
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Bipolar 1 And Trigeminal Neuralgia, and takes Trileptal, Zyprexa)
Has anyone had a relief of pain when they are manic?
Related drug interaction studies:
- Flexeril and Trileptal drug interactions (188 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Trileptal for Epilepsy reported by 111 people (updated 1 day ago)
- Flexeril for Pulled Muscle reported by 7 people (updated 16 hours ago)
Complete drug side effects:
Drugs associated with:
Conditions associated with:
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Prilosec, Ativan, Vicodin, Naprosyn, Norpramin, Metformin, Robinul, Strattera, Wellbutrin, Flexeril, Lexapro for a patient with Reflux Gastritis, Anxiety, Pain, Arthritis, Depression, Weight Gain, Sweating - Excessive, To Treat Side Effects Of Antidepressants Such As Extreme Fatigue And Inability To Focus, To Treat Weight Gain Side Effects Of Anti Depressants. The patient has Swallowing Painful, Vision Blurred, Anxiety, Oral Pain, Angular Cheilitis, Taste Disturbance, Gum Pain, Tongue Exfoliation, Tongue Irritation, Headache - Migraine Without Aura, Sweating - Excessive, Pain - Muscles, Pain - Joints, Depression, Hair Loss
Comments: Naprosyn, Vicodin, Ativan and Prilosec are taken only on an as needed basis. Some of my symptoms are intermittent, and some are chronic. The though the medications may not completely rid me of a symptom (for example, depression or muscle pain), they do improve my condition enough to warrant their co ...
- A study of side effects of Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride for a patient with Back Pain. The patient has Itchy Rash Or Hives, Eczema
Comments: The only new medication I started using was the Cyclobenzaprine prescribed by my doctor after I told her about my back pain on June 29 I noticed one red patch on my stomach area that looked like ringworm or something then a few days later I got more of them on my stomach, side and chest area it star ...
- A study of side effects of Oxcarbazepine for a patient with Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis. The patient has Microalbuminuria (albumin into the urine)
Comments: Have taken Oxcarbezepine to treat sensory problems w/ my M.S. Since 2003 and have had to deal with the resultant low sodium levels since that time (caused by the drug). I salt my foods liberally but the highest level I can achieve is 130. Occasionally I take a 1 gram sodium chloride pill when I fe ...
- A study of side effects of Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride for a patient with Neck Pain Due To Muscle Spasms. The patient has Loss Of Equilibrium, Visual Disturbance, Nausea
Comments: I was prescribed cyclobenzaprine because of severe neck pain due to muscle spasms. I took 1 tablet the 1st night. Then, because of feeling drowsy the next day, I took only 1/2 tablet each of the next 4 days. Finally I took a whole tablet on the 6th day. Then, I stopped using it. I had no problems wo ...
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Omeprazole And Sodium Bicarbonate, Atenolol, Levothroid, Evista, Lyrica, Flexeril, Vitamin D, Vitamin C, TYLENOL for a patient with Depression, Gerd, Hypertension Nos, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Total Hysterectomy, Fibromyalgia, Fatigue, Preventive Health Care. The patient has Lip Blister
Comments: The problems with my lips began in Feb 2013. It is mostly my upper lip, with symptoms of tiny blisters & a red "line" along the edge of my upper lip, just the redness around my lower lip. There is also burning, swellin, and cracking of the upper lip. It will almost completely heal then will come ...
Common symptoms:Men of age 30-39 with Epilepsy:
- Convulsion (226 reports)
- Rashes (185 reports)
- Fever (157 reports)
- Drowsiness (111 reports)
- Dizziness (107 reports)
- Headache (94 reports)
- Aggression (69 reports)
- Fall (64 reports)
- Grand mal convulsion (63 reports)
- Fatigue (57 reports)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.