What could cause Tonic Seizures for a 35-year old man?
This is a personalized study of Trileptal, Flexeril drug interactions for a 35 year old male patient who has Epilepsy, Pulled muscle. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 5 male patients aged 35 (±5) who take the drugs and have drug interactions.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Epilepsy, Pulled muscle
- Trileptal - 600MG (oxcarbazepine): used for 10+ years
- Flexeril - 10MG (cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride)
Drug interactions have: moderate tonic seizures
On Feb, 3, 2014: 5 males aged 30 (±5) who reported to have interactions when taking Trileptal, Flexeril are studied
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
|Interaction||Number of reports |
among males aged 30 (±5) who take the drugs
|Tonic Seizures (all the muscles to suddenly become stiff)||1 (20.00%)|
(as an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea)
|Symptom||Number of reports |
among males aged 30 (±5) who have the condition, regardless of which drug is taken
|Tonic Seizures in Epilepsy||1 (0.08%)|
|Tonic Seizures in Pulled Muscle||1 (20.00%)|
(as an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea)
|Side effect||Number of reports |
among males aged 30 (±5) who take the drug
|Tonic Seizures in Trileptal||1 (0.23%)|
|Tonic Seizures in Flexeril||1 (0.26%)|
Most common interactions experienced by males aged 30 (±5) in the use of Trileptal, Flexeril:
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Diabetes Mellitus (diabetes, caused by a deficiency of the pancreatic hormone insulin)||5|
|Blood Pressure Decreased (abnormally low blood pressure)||2|
|Anxiety Disorder (excessive, uncontrollable, unexplained and often irrational worry)||2|
|Arthralgia (joint pain)||2|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||1|
|Conjunctivitis (pink eye)||1|
|Pancreatitis Acute (sudden inflammation of pancreas)||1|
|Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder)||1|
|Affective Disorder (mental disorder)||1|
Most common interactions experienced by males aged 30 (±5) in long term use of Trileptal, Flexeril:
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Tonic Seizures (all the muscles to suddenly become stiff)||1|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Related drug interaction studies:
- Flexeril and Trileptal drug interactions (174 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Trileptal for Epilepsy reported by 85 people (updated 18 hours ago)
- Flexeril for Pulled Muscle reported by 7 people (updated 6 days ago)
Complete drug side effects:
Drugs associated with:
Conditions associated with:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (10 months ago):
From this study (1 year ago):
Since i've started the doxepin i have had headaches that last 2-5 days as severe as migraines to just a regular headache. sometimes they come and go throughout the day for 2-5 days, other times they have been persistent. also the longer i have been on the doxepin the more intolerance i have become to refined sugars. i get dizzy and disoriented when i eat them so severly i feel like i am going to pass out.
Im not sure if using Flexeril will affect my other medications. Please let me know if I need to stop.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By InsomniaRampant: Can a person use trazodone and dexamethasone?
I have only been on this for one day started like a moron at 8pm and ive been on it once before on a high dose but this is like 1mg bid for 7 days and i had a recent discovery im allergic to oxycontin as i would randomly pass out or be awake for days tripping, havent ever been on it before. Only rea ...
- By Pons: Is it all right to take garcinia cambogia with oxcarbazepine?
I do not have seizures very often, but the last one, was 2 months ago. This happened because I combine several wrong actions, like drank alcohol, lack of sleep and I forgot my medicine for 3 days. Thx!
- By Bob: Are there any reports of extreme dry mouth?
Since having an aortic valve replacement via TAVR (newer technique)I have had various medications added to my schedule. For the last several months I seem to have a very dry mouth problem. I have given you a few that I am taking at the present time that I thought might have some effect on my dryne ...
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By LauraInArizona: Depakote er affected by grapefruit
I have taken Depakote ER for since 2005 for epilepsy. Once stabilized many years ago seizures and auras have not been bothering me. Until I recently ate three grapefruits over three days. After a few days, when the grapefruit cleared my system, the seizures and auras ceased. Therefore, grapefrui ...
- By poetbjc: Health issues and struggles
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now. Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures Some o ...
- By LilahnIsaiahsmom2425: Former mirena user/ epileptic / never again
I had my Mirena IUD inserted in March of 2006. I had my first seizure in 2008. I was then diagnosed with epilepsy. I had the IUD removed in 2008. I delivered my second child in 2008 I had preterm labor with my son my cervix started dilating at 25 weeks. I was on bed rest for the remainder 14 weeks. ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Valtrex, Flexeril, Vitamin C, Multivitamin, Lactulose, Amitiza, B Complex Vitamin, Valium, Revia, Trileptal, Calcitriol, Doxepin Hydrochloride for a patient with Herpes Virus Infection, Ruptured Disk, Immune Enhancement Therapy, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Anismus, Malabsorption, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Eating Disorder, Mood Swings, Vitamin D Deficiency, Depression, Anxiety, & Insomnia. The patient has Dizziness And Headaches
- A study of drug interactions between Risperdal, Trileptal, Flexeril for a patient with Impulse-control Disorder, Mood Stabilizer, Muscle Relaxant Therapy.
- A study of drug interactions between Robaxin, Flexeril, Cymbalta, Premarin, Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride, Proair Hfa, Lasix, Lortab, Crestor, Trileptal, Oxybutynin Chloride, Flonase, Lyrica, Toradol for a patient with Muscle Spasms, Bipolar 1, Prophylaxis Against Post-menopausal Osteoporosis, Stress And Anxiety, Shortness Of Breath, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Pain Management, Hypertension, Mood Swings, Rhinitis Allergic, Fibromyalgia, Pain Exacerbated.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.