Zanaflex, Excedrin, Clonazepam for a 75-year old man
This is a personalized study for a 75 year old male patient who has Neck Pain, Frequent Headaches, Panic attacks. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 12 male patients aged 75 (±5) who take the same drugs from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Zanaflex (latest outcomes from 7,302 users) has active ingredients of tizanidine hydrochloride. It is often used in muscle spasms.
Excedrin (latest outcomes from 7,808 users) has active ingredients of acetaminophen; aspirin; caffeine. It is often used in headache.
Clonazepam (latest outcomes from 41,258 users) has active ingredients of clonazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
What are the conditions
Neck pain (latest reports from 173,505 patients) can be treated by Ibuprofen, Flexeril, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Skelaxin, Methocarbamol, Percocet.
Frequent headaches (pain in head) (latest reports from 1,214,611 patients) can be treated by Ibuprofen, Excedrin, Tylenol, Aspirin, Advil, Fioricet.
Panic attacks (latest reports from 116,753 patients) can be treated by Xanax, Klonopin, Clonazepam, Zoloft, Lorazepam, Alprazolam.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 12 males aged 71 (±5) who take Zanaflex, Excedrin, Clonazepam are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Neck Pain, Frequent Headaches, Panic attacks
- Zanaflex - EQ 2MG BASE (tizanidine hydrochloride)
- Excedrin (acetaminophen; aspirin; caffeine): used for 10+ years
- Clonazepam (clonazepam): used for 6 - 12 months
eHealthMe real world results:
Drug effectiveness over time :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Zanaflex is effective||n/a||0.00%|
(0 of 1 people)
|Excedrin is effective||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||100.00%|
(1 of 1 people)
|Clonazepam is effective||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a|
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Abdominal Pain||Abdominal Pain|
|Injection Site Pain|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related mobile support group
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Frequent Headaches
- support group for people who have Neck Pain
- support group for people who have Panic Attacks
- support group for people who take Clonazepam
- support group for people who take Excedrin
- support group for people who take Zanaflex
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Adding low dose [25 mg] of quetiapine fuarate to bupropion hcl sr 12 hr [150 mg], cymbalta [60 mg] & gabapentin [300 mg] for sleep aid.
(Asked by a 75 year old man who has Sleep Disorder Therapy, Depression, Nerve Injury, Three Year Old Head Injury. Sever Head And Neck Pain. Low Dose Quetiapine Fumarate [25 Mg] Added As Sleep Aid. , Head Injury, and takes Gabapentin, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Cymbalta, Quetiapine Fumarate, Synthroid, Clonazepam, Pravastatin Sodium, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Clonazepam)
rear ended three years ago resulting in nerve damage in back head and back neck. Placed on 2 each 300mg 3 times a day w/o much success. Follow-up with PT and "trigger point" infections to relax nexk muscles which allowed for effective PT. Later receive more long term botax injections. Later prescri ...
- What are the drug interaction between andrgel and xanax
(Asked by a 76 year old man who has Tinnitus, Lichen Planus, Arterial Stents, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, and takes Androgel, Xanax, Lasix, Cardura, Byetta, Plavix, Clonazepam)
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- 3 strong drugs together against neuropathic pain
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Ehlers-danlos Syndrome, Joint Hypermobility, Neuropathic Pain, and takes Pregabalin, Clonazepam, Methadone Hydrochloride)
Neuropathic pain debuted when I was 24, now I'm 50. Received diagnosed with Ehler-Danlos syndrome (EDS), joint hypermobility type, when I was 35 years old. So it can take some time to get a diagnose. And as EDS-patient I do not belong to any clinic. Orthopedics says that EDS is not orthopedic, rheum ...
- Raspberry ketones - side-effect of red face, face muscle twitching
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Headache, Facial Muscle Twitching, Red Face, and takes Raspberry Ketone)
Whenever I use Raspberry Ketones 500mg capsules (1 a day) I get reddening of the tops of my cheeks coupled with muscle tightening/twitching of the cheek muscles closest to the nose (the muscles that contract if someone blows in your eyes) and the muscles at the bridge of nose at times too. Both sets ...
- Losartan potassium headaches
(Posted by a 34 year old man who has Headache, Hypertension, and takes Losartan Potassium)
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a cons ...
- Sepsis hallucinations misdiagnosed
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has I, Osteoarthritis, Chronic Pain, Scar-tissue Adhesions, Bowel Blockage, Sepsis, Sepsis Hallucinations, and takes Clonazepam, Dilaudid)
I was admitted to the hospital at 10 p.m., with a total bowel blockage caused by scar-tissue adhesions. I had first gone to the ER at 3 a.m. that morning, but the ER doc misdiagnosed my condition as constipation. I was in extreme pain and also too weak to tell my husband when he first came home t ...
- Still ill after several years
(Posted by a 43 year old man who has Sweating, Headache, Vertigo, Restlessness, Throat - Sore, Pain - Joints, Fatigue - Chronic, Tinnitus, Chronic Sinusitis, and takes Beconase Aq)
I became ill several years ago. It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis. After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured. My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and th ...
Related drug interaction studies:
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Zanaflex for Neck Pain reported by 5 people (updated 22 hours ago)
- Excedrin for Frequent Headaches reported by 175 people (updated 3 days ago)
- Clonazepam for Panic Attacks reported by 147 people (updated 5 hours ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Frequent Headaches (91 drugs in 1,817 reports) (updated 3 days ago)
- Neck Pain (41 drugs in 280 reports) (updated 5 days ago)
- Panic Attacks (48 drugs in 1,284 reports) (updated 2 days ago)
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Clonazepam, Valproate Sodium, Lexapro for a patient with Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition, Bipolar 2, Major Depression. The patient has Gout - Acute
Comments: I was diagnosed with Bipolar 2 about 20 years ago. I manage it well generally - I do not drink or take illegal drugs. About 12 months ago I was made redundant from a very senior position at 53. Unfortunately I was immediately head hunted for an exceptionally stressful role working for a manager w ...
- A study of drug interactions between Clonazepam, Percocet, Chantix for a patient with Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Back Injury, Stop Smoking. The patient has Sweating Increased
Comments: I was on Chantix for the "allotted" time through the Air Force. It was not long enough so I stopped taking it (sweating stopped) After about 3 months, I was able to get Chantix through the mail from the military and as soon as I reached a stable blood level (I'm assuming it was because of the level ...
- A study of drug interactions between Clonazepam, Hydrocortone for a patient with Periodic Limb Movement Disorder. The patient has Arm And Leg Movements - Uncontrollable
Comments: Coincided with diagnosis of Idiopathic Peripheral and Autonomic Neuropathy. Recent EMG/NCS showed progression of disease and inclusion of motor neurons (new symptom). CPAP has occasionally (1-2 nights per month) shown episodes of Periodic Breathing (Shy-Drager Syndrome). Is this likely caused by H ...
- A study of drug interactions between Minoxidil, Clonazepam, Ritalin for a patient with Loss Of Hair, Insomnia, Ple. The patient has Fear Of Crowded Places, Anxiety
Comments: It has been almost two months that abovementoined symptoms have occurred. I am, particularly at night, afraid that if I make sound, people or neighbours may become upset. When I hear something, even the sound of elevator, I jump and think that they are coming to warn me that I did something that dis ...
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall, Klonopin, Effexor Xr, Lamictal, Abilify for a patient with Depression, Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Mood Stabilizer, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Sweating - Excessive, Headache, Akathisia, Weight Gain
Comments: Within 3 to 4 months of starting ABILIFY, I gained about 40 pounds. As for the akathisia (feeling of restlessness or shaking on the inside), it wasn't bad until my dose got to 15mg. Eventually it went away and I still take 15mg/day. (haven't been able to lose much weight though. Side effects with ...
Common symptoms:Men of age 60+ with Neck Pain:
- Heart attack (54 reports)
- High blood pressure (48 reports)
- Blood pressure management (48 reports)
- Dizziness (47 reports)
- Pneumonia (46 reports)
- Rashes (40 reports)
- Breathing difficulty (39 reports)
- Weakness (38 reports)
- Nausea (35 reports)
- Pleural effusion (33 reports)
- Breathing difficulty (59 reports)
- Chest pain (58 reports)
- Blood pressure management (52 reports)
- High blood pressure (52 reports)
- Dizziness (49 reports)
- Rashes (45 reports)
- Fatigue (44 reports)
- Loss of consciousness (43 reports)
- Weakness (42 reports)
- Pneumonia (40 reports)
- Dizziness (48 reports)
- Prostatic specific antigen increased (28 reports)
- Hyperhidrosis (28 reports)
- Panic disorder (27 reports)
- Gait disturbance (27 reports)
- Haemoglobin decreased (24 reports)
- Depression (23 reports)
- High blood pressure (21 reports)
- Blood pressure management (21 reports)
- Muscle aches (21 reports)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.