Drug interactions between Zanaflex, Excedrin, Clonazepam for a 75-year old man?
This is a personalized study of Zanaflex, Excedrin, Clonazepam drug interactions for a 75 year old male patient who has Neck Pain, Frequent Headaches, Panic attacks. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 11 male patients aged 75 (±5) who take the drugs and have drug interactions.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Neck Pain, Frequent Headaches, Panic attacks
- Zanaflex - EQ 2MG BASE (tizanidine hydrochloride)
- Excedrin (acetaminophen; aspirin; caffeine): used for 10+ years
- Clonazepam (clonazepam): used for 6 - 12 months
On Jan, 7, 2014: 11 males aged 71 (±5) who reported to have interactions when taking Zanaflex, Excedrin, Clonazepam are studied
Most common interactions experienced by males aged 71 (±5) in the use of Zanaflex, Excedrin, Clonazepam:
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Somnolence (a state of near-sleep, a strong desire for sleep)||4|
|Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body)||3|
|Delirium (wild excitement)||3|
|Hypotonia (low muscle tone)||2|
|Sinus Tachycardia (a heart rhythm with elevated rate of impulses originating from the sinoatrial node)||1|
|Poor Quality Sleep||1|
|Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness)||1|
Most common interactions experienced by males aged 71 (±5) in long term use of Zanaflex, Excedrin, Clonazepam:
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Related drug interaction studies:
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Zanaflex for Neck Pain reported by 5 people (updated 53 minutes ago)
- Excedrin for Frequent Headaches reported by 167 people (updated 16 hours ago)
- Clonazepam for Panic Attacks reported by 126 people (updated 1 day ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Frequent Headaches (86 drugs in 1,703 reports) (updated 16 hours ago)
- Neck Pain (40 drugs in 262 reports) (updated 3 weeks ago)
- Panic Attacks (44 drugs in 1,184 reports) (updated 1 day ago)
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
From this study (1 month ago):
From this study (4 months ago):
Can you please give me information as to whether taking these medicines can cause these symptoms. Thanks.
I suffer from severe to moderate memory loss a friend told me it was due to klonopin It has been 7 years though since I suffered a concussion in a car accident. Been trying to get disability forever. I can't even handle a minimum wage job bc the steps I have to take r instantly out of my brain. I have a masters degree. So I don't think it's the concussion I think it's the meds. The muscle relaxant r brand new so we can't blame them. So could it be the klonopin
Patient was prescribed Fentanyl Transdermal, Clomazepam, and Tizanidine for back pain. He seemed to do fine the first few days while taking these drugs, however, he was hospitalized several days later due to severe confusion, seizures, loss of vision, headaches and neck pain. He was uncooperative, fighting with the staff, pulling out IVs and catheter. MRIs of the brain were ordered, and it was found that he had Posterior Reversible Encephalopathy Syndrom (PRES). The listed drugs were discontinued, and he is now making a quick recovery. Suspicion is that the combination of these three drugs may have caused PRES, as there is a lack of other health factors.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By onegriff: Adding low dose [25 mg] of quetiapine fuarate to bupropion hcl sr 12 hr [150 mg], cymbalta [60 mg] & gabapentin [300 mg] for sleep aid.
rear ended three years ago resulting in nerve damage in back head and back neck. Placed on 2 each 300mg 3 times a day w/o much success. Follow-up with PT and "trigger point" infections to relax nexk muscles which allowed for effective PT. Later receive more long term botax injections. Later prescri ...
- By Lash: What are the drug interaction between andrgel and xanax
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By Christa: Zoloft & klonipin created a horrible psychosis
Causes psychosis, bipolar anxiety and seizures. Violence happens on all psychiatric drugs. Curing psychosis and deafness took the complete abandonment of psychiatry.
- By ctcrzy7: Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
- By ShayWest: Hyperthyroidism from tasking klonopin
Has anyone developed hyperthyroidism while being on a Klonopin? I've developed hyperthyroidism from taking Klonopin. I've always had problem w my thyroid due to Hasimoto's thyroid. It's an autoimmune disorder. I've been having problems w my weight since 2000. I was told in 2001 I had hyperthyroidism ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Lyrica, Effexor Xr, Klonopin, Xanax, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Phenergan, Vicodin for a patient with Back Pain, Pain - Bones, Pain - Back. The patient has Personality Change Due To A General Medical Condition, Change Of Bowel Habit, Hallucinations, Sudden Memory Loss (Memory loss)
- A study of drug interactions between Topamax, Baclofen, Lyrica, Zanaflex, Effexor, Lamictal, Klonopin for a patient with Migraine, Fibromyalgia, Depression, Mood Stabilizer, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Memory Loss, Migraine, Fibromyalgia, Depression, Bipolar I Disorder
- A study of drug interactions between Clonazepam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Fentanyl-50 for a patient with Back Pain, Pain - Back. The patient has Neck Pain, Headache, Aggression, Confusion, Sudden Visual Loss, Seizure (Seizures)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.