A study for a 13-year old boy who takes Zyrtec, Delsym
Summary: 2 male patients aged 13 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied.
This is a personalized study for a 13 year old male patient who has Allergies, Cough. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
On Mar, 25, 2015: 2 males aged 7 (±5) who take Zyrtec, Delsym are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Allergies, Cough
- Zyrtec - 5MG (cetirizine hydrochloride): used for < 1 month
- Delsym (dextromethorphan polistirex): used for < 1 month
eHealthMe real world results:
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Respiratory Tract Infection|
|Upper Respiratory Tract Infection|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related support group
You are not alone! Join a related support group:
- support group for people who have Allergies
- support group for people who have Cough
- support group for people who take Delsym
- support group for people who take Zyrtec
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Zyrtec, Valium for a 57-year old woman with Depression, Nasal Allergies, Meniere's Disease. The patient has Slurred Speech
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Miralax, Zyrtec Allergy, Aspirin, Prempro, Lunesta, Zoloft, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 54-year old woman with Asthma, Constipation, Allergy, Heart Attack, Menopause Hot Flashes, Insomnia, Depression, Hypertension. The patient has Lightheadedness - Fainting
- A study of drug interactions between Ginkgo Biloba, Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Armour Thyroid, Plaquenil, Benicar for a 68-year old woman with Blood Thinner, Allergy, Hypothyroidism, Pml, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Itchy Rash On Arms And Chest
- A study of side effects of Zyrtec for a 1-year old boy with Rhinitis. The patient has Hair Growth Abnormal, Swollen Tear Duct, Watery Eyes
- A study of drug interactions between Singulair, Zyrtec, Mucinex, Centrum Silver, Tekturna, Travatan Z for a 55-year old woman with Nasal Allergies, Enzyme Supplementation, Hypertension, Glaucoma. The patient has Vertigo, Hearing Loss
Related drug interaction studies:
- Zyrtec and Delsym drug interactions (49 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Zyrtec for Allergies reported by 656 people (updated 14 hours ago)
- Delsym for Cough reported by 96 people (updated 4 days ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Allergies (83 drugs in 4,331 reports) (updated 2 days ago)
- Cough (69 drugs in 898 reports) (updated 2 hours ago)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.