Zyrtec, Delsym for a 12-year old boy
This is a personalized study for a 12 year old male patient who has Allergies, Cough. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2 male patients aged 12 (±5) who take the same drugs from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Zyrtec (latest outcomes from 29,940 users) has active ingredients of cetirizine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies.
Delsym (latest outcomes from 899 users) has active ingredients of dextromethorphan polistirex. It is often used in cough.
What are the conditions
Allergies (latest reports from 3,131 patients) can be treated by Zyrtec, Claritin, Benadryl, Allegra, Singulair, Loratadine.
Cough (latest reports from 73,998 patients) can be treated by Benzonatate, Delsym, Mucinex Dm, Tussionex Pennkinetic, Mucinex, Prometh W/ Dextromethorphan.
On Nov, 16, 2014: 2 males aged 7 (±5) who take Zyrtec, Delsym are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Allergies, Cough
- Zyrtec - 5MG (cetirizine hydrochloride): used for < 1 month
- Delsym (dextromethorphan polistirex): used for < 1 month
eHealthMe real world results:
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Respiratory Tract Infection|
|Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus)|
|Upper Respiratory Tract Infection|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related mobile support group
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Allergies
- support group for people who have Cough
- support group for people who take Delsym
- support group for people who take Zyrtec
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My son is 10 and he has been on risperdone for 6 months. he has all season allergies. he takes zyrtec, but it is not working for him... any suggestions?
(Asked by a 10 year old boy who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type, and takes Zyrtec)
My son is getting worse since been on Risperdone, I thinking it has something to do with zyrtec
- Cetirizine causes urinary retention. can cetirizine cause bladder stones?
(Asked by a 10 year old boy who has Bladder Stones, and takes Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy)
My ten year old son has had allergies for the past year. He was placed on Cetirizine to control these unknown allergies. After a month and a half my child started having stomach pains so we stopped the drug. Not told by his primary if it is stopped it causes extreme itching. Which lasted a day. Plea ...
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Faslodex driven hell
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Depression, Stamina, Breathing Difficulty, Muscle Pain, Bone And Joint Pain, Cough, and takes Faslodex)
I have metastatic breast cancer...which has spread to my bones. Needless to say...I'm not a happy camper. Faslodex was my oncologist’s drug of choice for me. I've been on it since July 28, 2014....My first month was loading dosage...and each month that has followed I receive two injections in m ...
- Androgel for secondary hypogonadism
(Posted by a 55 year old man who has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, and takes Simvastatin, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Morphine Sulfate, Amlodipine Besylate)
Severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet after being on my feet for more than one hour. Pain in calves and ankles. Feels like they're being squeezed or compressed. Pain dissipates after laying down for a few hours. Swelling never completely dissipates. Always some swelling in ankles.
- Levaquin and confusion symptoms
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Cough, Chest Tightness, Sinusitis, and takes Levaquin)
Confusion. Stopped dosage at day 6 of 7; prescribed 500 mg. 1 daily. I thought the confusion was from the weeks of pretty severe coughing symptoms, associated with the sinusitus - thought maybe from a lack of oxygen from not being able to breathe well for so long. I finally stopped the med. when ...
- Migraine with dyazide
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Severe Migraine, and takes Dyazide, Cytomel, Cyclosporine, Zyflo Cr, Ergocalciferol, Zyrtec, Compazine)
Took Dyazide for blood pressure escalating due to Cyclosporine. Have history of bad migraines but have not had them routinely for many years. Within 24 hours of starting treatment with Dyazide, severe headache began that lasted throughout the day and eventually led to ER treatment. Was told to no ...
- Lansoprazole and vitamin c drug interactions
(Posted by a 40 year old woman who has Allergy, Urticaria, and takes Lansoprazole, Famotidine, Vitamin C)
Whenever I use a gastric ulcer or gastric acid treatment drug and eat any food that contains vitamine C, like lemon, orange, etc. I get a strong skin allergy with swollen insecbyte type itching redness, that lasts about two days for each one.
Related drug interaction studies:
- Zyrtec and Delsym drug interactions (49 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Zyrtec for Allergies reported by 651 people (updated 18 hours ago)
- Delsym for Cough reported by 95 people (updated 1 day ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Allergies (83 drugs in 4,267 reports) (updated 18 hours ago)
- Cough (69 drugs in 887 reports) (updated 19 hours ago)
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of side effects of Zyrtec for a patient with Idiopathic Urticaria. The patient has Burning Feet Syndrome (burning sensation in the sole of the foot)
Comments: My feet burn, very uncomfortable, and nothing really makes it better........am weaning myself off the drug......although everything I have read says you must do this slowly to prevent other issues.
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Cetirizine Hydrochloride for a patient with Acid Reflux, Allergy. The patient has Itching
Comments: itchiness after an insect bite (mosquitoes,bugs)
- A study of drug interactions between Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Sertraline Hydrochloride for a patient with Allergy To Mold - Dander - Dust, Depression Suicidal. The patient has Dizziness, Suicidal Ideation
Comments: I'm on a 100mg dose on both of them daily. I would like to know and understand the interactions between the two drugs.
- A study of drug interactions between Beconase, Ventolin, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a patient with Pulmonary Sarcoidosis, Allergic Respiratory Disease, Nerve Pain. The patient has Osteomyelitis Acute
Comments: Osteomyelitis of the jaw bone following extraction of a tooth
- A study of drug interactions between Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a patient with Multiple Allergies, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Morton's Neuroma. The patient has Short-term Memory Loss
Comments: I also take cetirizine, salbutamol inhaler and seretide 500 inhaler
Common symptoms:Boys of age 10-19 with Allergies:
- Staphylococcal sepsis (6 reports)
- Respiratory acidosis (6 reports)
- Metastases to lung (6 reports)
- Acute myeloid leukaemia (6 reports)
- Acute graft versus host disease in skin (6 reports)
- Drowsiness (3 reports)
- Impulsive behaviour (2 reports)
- Anaphylaxis (2 reports)
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (2 reports)
- Hyperhidrosis (2 reports)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.