Coumadin, Exforge for a 76-year old woman
This is a personalized study for a 76 year old female patient who has Atrial Fibrillation. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 15 female patients aged 76 (±5) who take the same drugs from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Coumadin (latest outcomes from 75,088 users) has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots.
Exforge (latest outcomes from 4,583 users) has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate; valsartan. It is often used in high blood pressure.
What are the conditions
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) (latest reports from 84,600 patients) can be treated by Warfarin Sodium, Coumadin, Flecainide Acetate, Digoxin, Sotalol Hydrochloride, Pradaxa.
On Nov, 21, 2014: 15 females aged 72 (±5) who take Coumadin, Exforge are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Atrial Fibrillation
- Coumadin (warfarin sodium): used for 1 - 6 months
Comments from or about the patient: the coumadin does not work well and my inr does not go up as needed.
maybe there is aninteraction with exforge
Reply the comment
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
|Interaction||Number of reports on eHealthMe|
|Exforge||The drug has been added in the study. Outcomes of the drug mix are shown.|
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling)|
|Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness)|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)|
|Pleural Effusion (water on the lungs)|
|Sensory Disturbance (sense disturbance)|
|Blood Pressure Increased|
|Large Intestine Perforation (hole in large intestine)|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related mobile support group
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Atrial Fibrillation
- support group for people who take Coumadin
- support group for people who take Exforge
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can someone on warfarin take imodium?
(Asked by a 77 year old woman who has Diarrhea, and takes Coumadin)
I have diarrhea and would like to know if imodium interferes with coumadin which I take every day.? Thank you
- Can warfarin use for 13 years cause foot weekness
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Foot Weeknesss, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Digoxin)
I have been on Warfarin for 13 years after being diagnosed with Cardio Myopthy. I have a pace maker and also had radiotherapy on left side after breast cancer in 1998. I am told I need to stay on warfarin because of AF.
- Did warfarin cause my precancerous lesion?
(Asked by a 74 year old woman who has Pulmonary Embolisms, Chronic, Neuropathy Peripheral, Precancerous Skin Lesion, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
- Does/can warfarin cause frequent/urgent urination?
(Asked by a 74 year old woman who has Prolapsed Bladder, Frequent/urgent Urination, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Turmeric and atrial fabrillation
(Posted by a 69 year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, and takes Turmeric)
I am a "health nut" who has always avoided any and all tobacco and alcohol, am on no medication, am on a reasonably purer diet (organic foods etc.,) and daily take and assortment of vitamins, minerals and a few herbs like garlic and saw palmetto. I had recently began taking therapeutic doses of Tur ...
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
(Posted by a 89 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Pradaxa, Multaq)
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours. During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Anemia, Knee Pain, Back Pain, Knee Injury - Meniscus, Back Injury, High Blood Pressure, Chronic Dvt , and takes Methocarbamol, Warfarin Sodium, Clonidine, Atenolol)
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
- Tykosin and spontaneous erections
(Posted by a 57 year old man who has Spontaneous Erections After Taking 250 Size Tikosyn, and takes Lisinopril, Coumadin)
After 15 minutes of taking Tikosyn 250 size I get spontaneous erections that remain in duration for extended periods of one hour or more. These happen several times during a 12 hour dose cycle.
- Valtrex and warfarin
(Posted by a 89 year old man who has Shingles, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Valtrex)
Valtrex was prescribed to be taken every 8 hours. After 4 doses I became extremely cold while outside temperature is 80 degrees and also quite dizzy. I also take 5 mg. of warfarin daily. Although the herpes condition is not fully cleared, I plan to stop Valtrex. I believe the mix has caused my INR ...
Related drug interaction studies:
- Coumadin and Exforge drug interactions (74 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Coumadin for Atrial Fibrillation reported by 229 people (updated 2 days ago)
Complete drug side effects:
Coumadin side effects reported by 72,207 people (updated 1 week ago)
Coumadin side effects reported by 72,207 people (updated 1 week ago)
- Atrial Fibrillation (48 drugs in 2,205 reports) (updated 4 days ago)
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Terazosin Hydrochloride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Lisinopril, Warfarin Sodium for a patient with Hypertension, Pulmonary Embolism. The patient has Itching
Comments: saver itching prior to pulmonary embolism continuing after recovery of blood clots
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a patient with Factor V Leiden Mutation. The patient has Polymyalgia Rheumatica (pain in many muscles)
Comments: 18 months on Predisone to recover fully. Now off Predisone.
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Wellbutrin Xl, Effexor, Warfarin Sodium for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Depression, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Hypercoagulable States. The patient has Itching, Upset Stomach, Fatigue - Chronic
Comments: bilateral pulmonary embolism indicated hypercoaguable state. warfarin therapy will be life long
- A study of drug interactions between Eplerenone, Digoxin, Magnesium, Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Minoxidil, Clonidine, Hydrochlorothiazide, Jantoven, Lovastatin for a patient with High Arch, Atrial Fibrillation, Low Blood Magnesium, Low Blood Potassium, Hypertension, Fluid Retention, Cholesterosis. The patient has Asthenia, Numbness And Tingling, Disorientation, Muscle Weakness Aggravated, Shortness Of Breath, Fatigue
Comments: This has been a problem for well over a year now! it does not seem to be getting any better.
- A study of drug interactions between Jantoven, Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container for a patient with Atrial Fib, Low Serum Potassium.
Comments: Have been having severe side effects, shortness of breath, severe fatigue, muscle cramps,and asthenia with lab measured Potassium at 4.1.
Common symptoms:Women of age 60+ with Atrial Fibrillation:
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter (1,971 reports)
- International normalised ratio increased (1,483 reports)
- Dizziness (1,335 reports)
- Weakness (1,313 reports)
- Nausea (1,304 reports)
- Breathing difficulty (1,264 reports)
- Diarrhea (1,237 reports)
- Fatigue (1,128 reports)
- Fall (982 reports)
- Gastrointestinal haemorrhage (962 reports)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.