A study for a 76-year old man who takes Dilaudid, Depakote
Summary: 1 male patient aged 76 (±5) who takes the same drugs is studied.
This is a personalized study for a 76 year old male patient who has Bladder Prolapse, Emphysema. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
On Mar, 25, 2015: 1 male aged 71 (±5) who take Dilaudid, Depakote is studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Bladder Prolapse, Emphysema
- Dilaudid (hydromorphone hydrochloride)
- Depakote (divalproex sodium)
Comments from or about the patient: He had broken his arm three days earlier and was discharged from the ER unable to urinate. Dilaudid was given at this time and he died two days later.
Reply the comment
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
|Interaction||Number of reports on eHealthMe|
|Death||1 (100.00% of males aged 71 (±5) who take the drugs)|
(as an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea)
|Symptom (click a symptom for in-depth analysis)||Number of reports on eHealthMe|
|Death in Bladder Prolapse||0 (0.00% of males aged 71 (±5) who have Bladder prolapse)|
|Death in Emphysema||12 (1.80% of males aged 71 (±5) who have Emphysema)|
(as an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea)
|Side effect (click a side effect for in-depth analysis)||Number of reports on eHealthMe|
|Death in Dilaudid||61 (12.10% of males aged 71 (±5) who take Dilaudid)|
|Death in Depakote||10 (1.65% of males aged 71 (±5) who take Depakote)|
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related support group
You are not alone! Join a related support group:
- support group for people who take Dilaudid and have Death
- support group for people who take Depakote and have Death
- support group for people who have Death and Emphysema
- support group for people who have Bladder Prolapse
- support group for people who have Emphysema
- support group for people who have Death
- support group for people who take Depakote
- support group for people who take Dilaudid
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Magnesium, Potassium Gluconate, Colace, Claritin, Budesonide, Perforomist, Albuterol Sulfate, Spiriva, Proair Hfa, Humalog Kwikpen, Xanax, Famotidine, Pantoprazole, Gabapentin, Warfarin Sodium, Prednisone, Amoxicillin, Tikosyn, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride for a 61-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, Vitamin K Decreased, Constipation, Allergic Sinusitis, Copd, Diabetes, Anxiety Disorder, Upset Stomach, Diabetic Nephropathy, Protein C Deficiency, Post-exposure, Atrial Flutter, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Pain. The patient has Rash Generalised, Itching, Hives, Urticaria
- A study of side effects of Hydromorphone Hydrochloride for a 35-year old woman with Endometrioma. The patient has Withdrawal From Opioids, Bladder Discomfort, Vision Blurred, Vision - Light Sensitive, Insomnia, Dehydration, Decreased Appetite, Skin Burning Sensation, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Spasms Of The Hands Or Feet, Muscle Spasms
- A study of drug interactions between Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Codeprex, Celexa, Depakote for a 40-year old woman with Pain, Pain, Depression, Migraine With Aura.
- A study of side effects of Depakote for a 41-year old woman with Mood Stabilizer.
- A study of drug interactions between Quetiapine Fumarate, Klonopin, Divalproex for a 25-year old woman with Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Lower Abdominal Pain
Related drug interaction studies:
- Depakote and Dilaudid drug interactions (153 reports)
In-depth study of side effects (who have it, when it happens and how):
- Death in Dilaudid reported by 492 people (updated 4 days ago)
- Death in Depakote reported by 420 people (updated 6 days ago)
In-depth study of symptoms:
- Death in Emphysema reported by 80 people (updated 3 days ago)
Complete drug side effects:
Drugs associated with:
Conditions associated with:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.