What could cause Death for a 75-year old man?
This is a personalized study for a 75 year old male patient who has Bladder Prolapse, Emphysema. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Dilaudid (latest outcomes from 10,263 users) has active ingredients of hydromorphone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain.
Depakote (latest outcomes from 30,926 users) has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
What are the conditions
Bladder prolapse (bulging of one or more of the pelvic organs into the vagina) (latest reports from 5,179 patients)
Emphysema (chronic respiratory disease - over inflation of the air sacs (alveoli) in the lungs) (latest reports from 62,221 patients) can be treated by Spiriva, Advair Diskus 250/50, Symbicort, Albuterol Sulfate, Albuterol.
What is the symptom
On Nov, 19, 2014: 1 male aged 71 (±5) who take Dilaudid, Depakote is studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Bladder Prolapse, Emphysema
- Dilaudid (hydromorphone hydrochloride)
- Depakote (divalproex sodium)
Comments from or about the patient: He had broken his arm three days earlier and was discharged from the ER unable to urinate. Dilaudid was given at this time and he died two days later.
Reply the comment
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
|Interaction||Number of reports on eHealthMe|
|Death||1 (100.00% of males aged 71 (±5) who take the drugs)|
(as an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea)
|Symptom (click a symptom for in-depth analysis)||Number of reports on eHealthMe|
|Death in Bladder Prolapse||0 (0.00% of males aged 71 (±5) who have Bladder prolapse)|
|Death in Emphysema||12 (1.80% of males aged 71 (±5) who have Emphysema)|
(as an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea)
|Side effect (click a side effect for in-depth analysis)||Number of reports on eHealthMe|
|Death in Dilaudid||61 (12.10% of males aged 71 (±5) who take Dilaudid)|
|Death in Depakote||10 (1.65% of males aged 71 (±5) who take Depakote)|
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related mobile support group
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Dilaudid and have Death
- support group for people who take Depakote and have Death
- support group for people who have Death and Emphysema
- support group for people who have Bladder Prolapse
- support group for people who have Emphysema
- support group for people who have Death
- support group for people who take Depakote
- support group for people who take Dilaudid
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can emphysema be diagnosed by chest xray only?
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Emphysema, and takes Vitamin D)
Just wonder, in 2013 chest xray showed enlarged lungs. 2014 chest xray showed emphysema per Doctor. Advised to quit smoking. Any further tests required to confirm or xray enough?
- My sister has been taking depakote cogentin and geodon and suffers with great memory loss inability to carry on a conversation and drops things all the time is this the effect of these drugs?
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Halucinations, Talking Out Of Her Head, Sleeping Difficulty, Falling , Memory Loss, and takes Wellbutrin, Prozac, Geodon, Cogentin, Depakote)
Sister takes over 16 perscriptions but the ones mentioned are severe.. due to being bi-polar, and severe agoraphobia and anxiety with depression..is this now her life? Not being able to fully comprehend or remember anything? Dropping things and falling when under the full impact of this medication? ...
- Can ciliapram cause emphysemia
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Emphysema, 60 Mg A Day For 13 Years, and takes Citalopram Hydrobromide)
CAN IT CAUSE EMPHASEMIA
- Anyone develop burning mouth syndrome taking exalgo
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Burning Mouth Syndrome ??, and takes Exalgo)
started on ER meds for pain in jan 2014; stomach pain; continued trying diff ones; got to exalgo 8mg thought had sore throat and med didn't work ; went to 12 mg and gums bleeding, swollen, mouth burning has yet to stop since beginning of aug 2014. anyone experience similar and resolutions???
- Is it safe to take embrel even though i have found out i got emphysema
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has Emphysema, R/arthitis And Emphysema)
I need to know I if it ok to ya ale embrel with emphysema
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Prednisone rx 3,3,2,2,1,1 plan suicidal haunts all day
(Posted by a 54 year old man who has COPD, Emphysema, and takes Prednisone)
I came home from the Hospitol with a 3,3,2,2,1,1 Rx. I took (3) and spent the rest of the day contenplating Suicide. The rest of the Rx went in the Toilet by 7:pm. I wonder how many this Killed.
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Vicodin, Vitamin D, Depakote, Keppra)
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- Sepsis hallucinations misdiagnosed
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has I, Osteoarthritis, Chronic Pain, Scar-tissue Adhesions, Bowel Blockage, Sepsis, Sepsis Hallucinations, and takes Clonazepam, Dilaudid)
I was admitted to the hospital at 10 p.m., with a total bowel blockage caused by scar-tissue adhesions. I had first gone to the ER at 3 a.m. that morning, but the ER doc misdiagnosed my condition as constipation. I was in extreme pain and also too weak to tell my husband when he first came home t ...
- Trinesha white need medical care advice on if it is possible to mix two medicine together
(Posted by a 32 year old woman who has Sickle Cell Anaemia With Crisis, and takes Pentoxifylline, Dilaudid)
Can they be able to mix trinesha white need medical care advice on if it is possible to mix two medicine together
- Oxymorphone & amphetamine toxicity
(Posted by a 40 year old man who has Death, and takes Oxymorphone Hydrochloride)
***WARNING*** My 38 year old husband died in October. Toxicology and autopsy results showed the cause of death to be 'Oxymorphone & Amphetamine Toxicity'. Levels were at the high end of what is conssidered a 'therapeutic dose level', especially since he had developed a tolerance. He was prescribe ...
Related drug interaction studies:
- Depakote and Dilaudid drug interactions (153 reports)
In-depth study of side effects (who have it, when it happens and how):
- Death in Dilaudid reported by 481 people (updated 3 days ago)
- Death in Depakote reported by 420 people (updated 4 days ago)
In-depth study of symptoms:
- Death in Emphysema reported by 79 people (updated 4 days ago)
Complete drug side effects:
Drugs associated with:
Conditions associated with:
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Suboxone, Lamotrigine, Depakote for a patient with Insomnia, Addiction, Mood Disorder, Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Nightmares
Comments: I am waking you 4-5 times a week between 3-4 am crying and yelling.I have the same dream every night, detail for detail.it's always the same, I get a call to come to the hospital something to do with my husband. I go there and they don't say anything to me just walk me into a room and he is laying ...
- A study of drug interactions between Humalog, Pristiq, Ibuprofen, Dietary Fiber, Valium, Lidoderm, Voltaren, Levothyroxine Sodium, Wellbutrin Xl, Aldactone, Lipitor, Baby Aspirin, Dilaudid, Fentanyl-100 for a patient with Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Depression But I'm Afraid To Take It I'm Nervous Bc I'm Not Taking Any Antidepressants Right Now And Psychiatrist Is Hard To Get In Touch With., Inflammation, Constipation, Anxiety And Stress, Pain, Graves Disease Burnout, Depression And Anxiety And Panic Attacks, High Testosterone, High Blood Cholesterol, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Pain From 7 Herniations And Pinched Nerves.
Comments: Never a clot but newly prescribed medicine Pristiq and I have Factor V, Type 1 Diabetes, high cholesterol and use a fentanyl patch and these were all warnings on Pristiq. I take wellbutrin 300 and Zoloft and Prozac didn't work. I see an endocrinologist, neurologist, family practice, pain manageme ...
- A study of side effects of Depakote for a patient with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Antisocial Behaviour, Lack Of Feeling, Autistic Behavior
Comments: It seemed at a point that the Depakote was really helping me out through my Bipolar disorder, and it peaked. It seemed that a week after everything was going really well, I was still taking my meds and instead of helping me get through it was provoking me. I would still get the usual results of my m ...
- A study of drug interactions between Phenergan, Zofran, Dilaudid, Zomig, Zanaflex, Metoprolol Tartrate, Topamax, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Fentanyl, Armour Thyroid for a patient with Nausea And Vomiting, Pain Management, Complicated Migraine, Muscle Spasms, Hypertension, Migraine Prophylaxis, Stress And Anxiety, Hashimoto's Disease. The patient has Hair Loss, Anemia - B12 Deficiency, Anemia - Hemolytic, Rash Macular, Weight Decreased, Abdominal Distension, Fecal Incontinence, Bile Duct Pressure Increased, Muscle Aches, Muscle Twitching, Numbness And Tingling, Abdominal Pain Aggravated, Tachycardia Irregular, Fatigue, Nausea And Vomiting, Abdominal Neoplasm, Bone And Joint Pain, Pain Exacerbated, Migraine
Comments: Have constant pain in knees, feet, toes, hands, arms, neck and back. Cannot sleep because I wake up constantly with shooting pain in neck, feet, knees, including tingles and numbness. Left side is worse; includes some drooling and paralysis at times. History of colitis and recent IPIN neiplasms f ...
- A study of drug interactions between Estrace, Celexa, Depakote, Plaquenil for a patient with Hormone Replacement Therapy, Depression, Migraine, Lupus. The patient has Hallucination, Visual
Comments: I had previously been taking the Depakote, Celexa and Estrace and take all three drugs in the evening. Depakote at around 9:00, Celexa at 10:00 and Estrace at bedtime (usually around 11:00). Most recently started the Plaquenil (100 mg am and 100 mg pm) and about 3 weeks into it got two nights in a ...
Common symptoms:Men of age 60+ with Bladder Prolapse:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.