A study for a 76-year old man who takes Dilaudid, Depakote
Summary: 1 male patient aged 76 (±5) who takes the same drugs is studied.
This is a personalized study for a 76 year old male patient who has Bladder Prolapse, Emphysema. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
On Mar, 25, 2015: 1 male aged 71 (±5) who take Dilaudid, Depakote is studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Bladder Prolapse, Emphysema
- Dilaudid (hydromorphone hydrochloride)
- Depakote (divalproex sodium)
Comments from or about the patient: He had broken his arm three days earlier and was discharged from the ER unable to urinate. Dilaudid was given at this time and he died two days later.
Reply the comment
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
|Interaction||Number of reports on eHealthMe|
|Death||1 (100.00% of males aged 71 (±5) who take the drugs)|
(as an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea)
|Symptom (click a symptom for in-depth analysis)||Number of reports on eHealthMe|
|Death in Bladder Prolapse||0 (0.00% of males aged 71 (±5) who have Bladder prolapse)|
|Death in Emphysema||12 (1.80% of males aged 71 (±5) who have Emphysema)|
(as an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea)
|Side effect (click a side effect for in-depth analysis)||Number of reports on eHealthMe|
|Death in Dilaudid||61 (12.10% of males aged 71 (±5) who take Dilaudid)|
|Death in Depakote||10 (1.65% of males aged 71 (±5) who take Depakote)|
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related support group
You are not alone! Join a related support group:
- support group for people who take Dilaudid and have Death
- support group for people who take Depakote and have Death
- support group for people who have Death and Emphysema
- support group for people who have Bladder Prolapse
- support group for people who have Emphysema
- support group for people who have Death
- support group for people who take Depakote
- support group for people who take Dilaudid
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Albuterol, Dronabinol, Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride, Tramadol, Phenergan for a 45-year old woman with Pain - Abdomen, Gerd, Increased Appetite, Nausea, Pain, Nausea And Vomiting. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 30, Norco, Dilaudid, Oxycontin for a 38-year old woman with ADHD, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Hydronephrosis, Kidney Palpable, Kidney Stones, Medullary Cystic Kidney Disease, Wound Healing Normal, Herpes Virus Infection, Herpes Zoster, Eczema, Hip Pain, X-ray - Pelvis, Back Pain, Adhd, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Muscle Pain, Brain Mass, Fatigue - Chronic, Seizure - Generalized, Connective Tissue Inflammation, Joint Stiffness, Joint Inflammation, Joint Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Antabuse, Clonidine, Strattera, Cymbalta, Abilify, Depakote for a 46-year old woman with Addiction, Hypertension, Add, Depression, Bipolar 1. The patient has Sleepiness - During The Day
- A study of drug interactions between Flomax, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Linzess, Miralax, Anturol, Olanzapine, Zetia, Nexium, Depakote, Benztropine Mesylate for a 40-year old man with Nocturia, Aggression, Constipation, Schizophrenia, Hyperlipidemia, Gerd, Bipolar Disorder, Medication Side Effects. The patient has Agap Low, Eosinophilia, Mental Status Tests, Leaning Left When Walking, Nocturia
- A study of drug interactions between Tramadol Hydrochloride And Acetaminophen, Depakote Er for a 35-year old woman with Migraine, Seizure Disorder. The patient has Naseua
Related drug interaction studies:
- Depakote and Dilaudid drug interactions (153 reports)
In-depth study of side effects (who have it, when it happens and how):
- Death in Dilaudid reported by 492 people (updated 4 days ago)
- Death in Depakote reported by 428 people (updated 10 hours ago)
In-depth study of symptoms:
- Death in Emphysema reported by 79 people (updated 2 weeks ago)
Complete drug side effects:
Drugs associated with:
Conditions associated with:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.