Drug interactions between keppra, Claritin for a 19-year old girl?
This is a personalized study of keppra, Claritin drug interactions for a 19 year old female patient who has Seizure - Temporal Lobe, Seasonal Allergy. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 24 female patients aged 19 (±5) who take the drugs and have drug interactions.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Seizure - Temporal Lobe, Seasonal Allergy
- keppra (levetiracetam): used for 1 - 2 years
- Claritin (loratadine): used for 1 - 6 months
On Jan, 26, 2014: 24 females aged 14 (±5) who reported to have interactions when taking keppra, Claritin are studied
Most common interactions experienced by females aged 14 (±5) in the use of keppra, Claritin:
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Epilepsy (common and diverse set of chronic neurological disorders characterized by seizures)||10|
|Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body)||9|
|Stevens-johnson Syndrome (an immune-complex-mediated hypersensitivity disorder. it ranges from mild skin and mucous membrane lesions to a severe)||6|
|Condition Aggravated (worse condition)||3|
|Pulmonary Embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung)||1|
|Angioedema (rapid swelling of the dermis)||1|
|Influenza Like Illness||1|
|Drug Tolerance Decreased||1|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||1|
Most common interactions experienced by females aged 14 (±5) in long term use of keppra, Claritin:
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Related drug interaction studies:
- Keppra and Claritin drug interactions (210 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Keppra for Seizure - Temporal Lobe reported by 20 people (updated 2 days ago)
- Claritin for Seasonal Allergy reported by 27 people (updated 23 hours ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Seasonal Allergy (24 drugs in 275 reports) (updated 1 month ago)
- Seizure - Temporal Lobe (12 drugs in 72 reports) (updated 1 month ago)
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 years ago):
I had a temporal lobectomy for epilepsy 15 years ago after which the peripheral neuropathy started. To stop muscle spasms which started this year I was prescribed Baclofen. I feel like crap.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By John: Does keppra negatively affect distant runners? does it lower their stamina?
My 16 year old daughter plays soccer and is now trying to run cross country. She clearly "runs out of gas" quicker than the other girls. She's very athletic, 5'4" 115 lbs. She is trying out for cross country but can't keep up. She's very determined, but I'm sure frustrated, although she doesn't show ...
- By pixchix93: Could my hearing loss be related to my epilepsy or anti-convulsant medications
I have a hormone related seizure disorder and I am wondering if my hearing loss could be related in any way to my conditions and/or medications.
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By poetbjc: Health issues and struggles
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now. Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures Some o ...
- By carolinewhitney: Effexor xr 150 mg and phentermine 37.5 mg
phentermine has caused significant weight loss. Effexor XR manages my GAD and depression but causes random physiological anxiety attacks, drastic increase in sweating, vivid and nightly nightmares
- By Chelette: Understanding and living with cancer
After having one treatment of Gemzar, I had a sever reaction, which caused me to have many seizures. This caused me to developed PRES, which in turn has caused me to have brain damage.When I came out of my induced coma I did not know where I was, nor did I know who my family members were. I could no ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Levetiracetam, Zonisamide, Baclofen, Cymbalta, Loratadine, Pulmicort Flexhaler, Calcium Citrate for a patient with Epilepsy, Neuropathy Peripheral, Chronic Depression, Rhinitis - Non-allergic, Asthma Aggravated, Osteopenia. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (Fatigue), Headache, Confusion
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.