keppra, Claritin for a 19-year old girl
This is a personalized study for a 19 year old female patient who has Seizure - Temporal Lobe, Seasonal Allergy. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 24 female patients aged 19 (±5) who take the same drugs from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Keppra (latest outcomes from 21,200 users) has active ingredients of levetiracetam. It is often used in epilepsy.
Claritin (latest outcomes from 24,189 users) has active ingredients of loratadine. It is often used in allergen.
What are the conditions
Seizure - temporal lobe (a term that refers to a condition where seizures are generated in the portion of the brain called the temporal lobe) (latest reports from 186 patients) can be treated by Keppra, Lamictal, Lamotrigine, Levetiracetam.
Seasonal allergy (allergic condition due to certain season) (latest reports from 18,138 patients) can be treated by Zyrtec, Allegra, Claritin, Loratadine, Zyrtec Allergy, Claritin-d 24 Hour.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 24 females aged 14 (±5) who take keppra, Claritin are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Seizure - Temporal Lobe, Seasonal Allergy
- keppra (levetiracetam): used for 1 - 2 years
- Claritin (loratadine): used for 1 - 6 months
eHealthMe real world results:
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Pulmonary Embolism||Condition Aggravated|
|Suicidal Ideation||Stevens-johnson Syndrome|
|Unresponsive To Stimuli|
|Drug Tolerance Decreased|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related mobile support group
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Seasonal Allergy
- support group for people who have Seizure - Temporal Lobe
- support group for people who take Claritin
- support group for people who take Keppra
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does keppra negatively affect distant runners? does it lower their stamina?
(Asked by a 16 year old girl who has Epilepsy, and takes Diamox, Keppra)
My 16 year old daughter plays soccer and is now trying to run cross country. She clearly "runs out of gas" quicker than the other girls. She's very athletic, 5'4" 115 lbs. She is trying out for cross country but can't keep up. She's very determined, but I'm sure frustrated, although she doesn't show ...
- Could my hearing loss be related to my epilepsy or anti-convulsant medications
(Asked by a 20 year old woman who has Epilepsy, Polycystic Ovaries, and takes Lamotrigine, Keppra, Folic Acid)
I have a hormone related seizure disorder and I am wondering if my hearing loss could be related in any way to my conditions and/or medications.
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Loss of taste and smell from taking benadryl
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Seasonal Allergy)
I went to an ENT had a CT scan and found nothing wrong with my sinuses after I lost my sense of taste n smell. i learned to live with it for almost 3 years. I searched the net and found nothing until now. I was having other medical issues and had to quit taking all meds and I started to get my smell ...
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Vicodin, Vitamin D, Depakote, Keppra)
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- Chest pain from keppra xr
(Posted by a 58 year old man who has Intractable Epilepsy, and takes Keppra Xr)
after 6 years developed right side pain near kidneys a few days a month . 2 inside of eye lid red dry eyes took keppra 7 years . started to have chest pain left side .after a month of pain . that would start 3 to 6 hours after taking keppra . would have pain thru the day stopped keppr ...
- Health issues and struggles
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Epilepsy, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Graves Disease, Brain Tumor, Head Trauma, Insomnia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic Pain Syndrome, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Tinnitus, Seasonal Allergy, and takes Keppra, Lamictal, Vitamin D, Fish Oil)
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now. Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures Some o ...
- Effexor xr 150 mg and phentermine 37.5 mg
(Posted by a 22 year old woman who has Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Weight Control, Menstruation Irregular, Hirsutism, Seasonal Allergy, Seasonal Affective Disorder, and takes Effexor Xr, Phentermine, Spironolactone, Loestrin 24 Fe, Zyrtec)
phentermine has caused significant weight loss. Effexor XR manages my GAD and depression but causes random physiological anxiety attacks, drastic increase in sweating, vivid and nightly nightmares
Related drug interaction studies:
- Keppra and Claritin drug interactions (235 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Keppra for Seizure - Temporal Lobe reported by 21 people (updated 3 hours ago)
- Claritin for Seasonal Allergy reported by 30 people (updated 8 hours ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Seasonal Allergy (25 drugs in 309 reports) (updated 3 weeks ago)
- Seizure - Temporal Lobe (13 drugs in 77 reports) (updated 2 months ago)
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Famotidine, Prednisone, Vitamin D, B Complex Vitamin, Proair Hfa, Flonase, Acetaminophen, Mucinex, Loratadine, Carafate, Flovent, Ipratropium Bromide, Lovenox for a patient with Hiatal Hernia, Pulmonary Congestion, Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma Stage Iv, Deficiency Anaemia, Shortness Of Breath, Runny Nose, Pain, Lung/pulmonary Congestion, Esophagitis, Lung Cancer - Non-small Cell, Emphysema, Blood Clots. The patient has Runny Nose, Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion, Malignant Pleural Effusion
Comments: Not sure what to use & not use. Conflicting resources.congestion seems to all come from running nose.
- A study of side effects of Keppra for a patient with Seizure. The patient has Hypothermia (body temperature drops below the required temperature for normal metabolism and body functions)
Comments: Started having low sodium that would cause a seizure. Doesn't have seizures unless in great pain with kidney stones or his sodium drops low. Started I think after he was put on keppra, clonidine, and the melitonin. He has a shunt from hydrocephalus, and had a grade 4 brain hemmorrage when born. Is n ...
- A study of side effects of Keppra for a patient with Seizure - Absence. The patient has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs
Comments: swelling of face around eyse
- A study of side effects of Keppra for a patient with Epilepsy. The patient has Absence Seizure (impairment of consciousness in epilepsy)
Comments: Right leg perthes dieses catteral 4 the stage this is side effect of medicine?
- A study of drug interactions between Fetzima, Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Gabapentin, Loratadine, Seroquel, Lamotrigine, Clonazepam, Baclofen, Levaquin, Oxycontin for a patient with Bipolar Ii Disorder, Acid Reflux, Nervous System Disorder, Allergic Cough, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Anxiety Disorder, Pain - Back, Chronic Bronchitis, Crps. The patient has Pulse Abnormal, Shakes, Fever, Chills, Chest Tightness, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Cough, Weakness
Comments: I just had surgery on my left calf 11/03/14 and the infection disease center called today and said I had NOCARDIA growth.
Common symptoms:Girls of age 10-19 with Seasonal Allergy:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.