Drug interactions between plavix, Aciphex for a 84-year old man?
This is a personalized study of plavix, Aciphex drug interactions for a 84 year old male patient who has Heart Catheterization, GERD. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 146 male patients aged 84 (±5) who take the drugs and have drug interactions.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Heart Catheterization, GERD
- plavix (clopidogrel bisulfate): used for 2 - 5 years
- Aciphex (rabeprazole sodium): used for 5 - 10 years
On Jan, 9, 2014: 146 males aged 79 (±5) who reported to have interactions when taking plavix, Aciphex are studied
Most common interactions experienced by males aged 79 (±5) in the use of plavix, Aciphex:
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||17|
|Blood Pressure Decreased (abnormally low blood pressure)||17|
|Renal Failure Acute (rapid kidney dysfunction)||8|
|Rhabdomyolysis (a condition in which damaged skeletal muscle tissue breaks down)||8|
|Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water)||7|
|Cardiac Failure Congestive||6|
Most common interactions experienced by males aged 79 (±5) in long term use of plavix, Aciphex:
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||4|
|Condition Aggravated (worse condition)||2|
|Haemorrhagic Stroke (stroke caused by the rupture of a blood vessel in the brain)||2|
|Blood Creatinine Increased||2|
|Peripheral Arterial Occlusive Disease (reproducible ischemic muscle pain)||2|
|Thalamus Haemorrhage (bleeding in thalamus)||2|
|Pneumothorax (the presence of air or gas in the cavity between the lungs and the chest wall, causing collapse of the lung)||2|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Related drug interaction studies:
- Aciphex and Plavix drug interactions (997 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Plavix for Heart Catheterization reported by 10 people (updated 2 hours ago)
- Aciphex for GERD reported by 255 people (updated 34 minutes ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Gerd (50 drugs in 7,747 reports) (updated 34 minutes ago)
- Heart Catheterization (2 drugs in 13 reports) (updated 3 years ago)
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
From this study (2 years ago):
From this study (5 years ago):
I suspect my leg pains are caused by the Metoprolol Tartrate
I have trouble with erections that will not go away nightly. If I wake up and stand up it will go away most of the time, but if I sleep through it, the longer I wait the more difficult it is to get it to go away. I have had to have it drained in the hospital twice. Once was about 1 and 1/2 years ago and it happenned again last week. This issue is causing me not to sleep. Basically I have to wake up and stand up about every hour each night. The longer I sleep and don't get it to go away, the more painful it becomes and the less likely it will go away. I am under the care of a urologist and have been since the first episode. I'm wondering if there are less known side affects to the list of medications I'm taking since having a heart attack. Note: I've been on testosterone replacement therapy since before having a heart attack and did not have this issue until after the heart attack.
Please advise interaction of drugs listed with rabeprazole sodium
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By Annie: I am taking omeprazole and ranitidine for acid reflux both seem to be giving me side effects fatigue, dizziness
I took esomoprazole ( nexium ) 20 mg for acid reflux for thirteen days but felt so unwell side effects fatigue and feeling very unsteady and disoriented , not all the time but enough to make me want to stop taking it. It had however diminished my cough and sore throat caused by the reflux. My gastro ...
- By douglas: Can norco cause heartburn
The use of Norco is causing heartburn. I.ve used various drugs with hydrocodone and Tylenol type drugs such as Lortab, Vicodin, etc. But I,ve never had one cause severe heartburn like this Norco does.
- By minky: Can anyone recommend any natural remedys and what foods to avoid
I had a G1 upper endoscopy done had barium meal done etc have hiatus hernia and acid reflux the burning is all down left hand side of body I am on 2x40mg of omeprazole can anyone give me any advice,thank you
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By Boo Radly: Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
- By Mhedgco: Plavix and miscarriage
I have had two miscarriages in the past two years. Both were at 5 weeks 3 days gestation. My doctors think it was my age and not the result of any of my drug regimen.
- By MaryAAMeyer: Oxybutynin chloride and chest pain
A urologist prescribed Vesicare (and Estrace cream) early in 2013 for urge incontinance. When hospitalized for cellulitis (never had it before) in May (2013), I took lots of I-V Clindamycin. The hospital had Ditropan on their formulary, and the urologist switched to it (it was cheaper)--and I con ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Tartrate, Clopidogrel Bisulfate, Rosuvastatin Calcium, Rabeprazole for a patient with Arrhythmia, Stint Anti Clotting, Fracture Reduction, Acid Reflux. The patient has Muscle Pain (Muscle aches)
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Zantac 150, Plavix, Bayer Extra Strength Aspirin For Migraine Pain, Simvastatin, Fish Oil, Carvedilol, Aciphex, Fenofibrate, Doxazosin Mesylate, Zetia, Testosterone Cypionate for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Heartburn - Chronic, Heart Attack, Blood Thinner, Total Cholesterol/hdl Ratio, High Blood Pressure, Heartburn, Enlarged Prostate, Cholesterol, Testosterone. The patient has Priapism (Penis pain)
- A study of drug interactions between Plavix, Aspirin, Rabeprazole Sodium, Lipitor for a patient with Angina - Stable, Blood Thinner, Acid Reflux, Cholesterol.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.