plavix, Aciphex for a 84-year old man
This is a personalized study for a 84 year old male patient who has Heart Catheterization, GERD. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 162 male patients aged 84 (±5) who take the same drugs from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Plavix (latest outcomes from 69,416 users) has active ingredients of clopidogrel bisulfate. It is often used in stent.
Aciphex (latest outcomes from 12,007 users) has active ingredients of rabeprazole sodium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
What are the conditions
Heart catheterization (latest reports from 55 patients) can be treated by Plavix.
Gerd (gastro-oesophageal reflux disease) (latest reports from 46,459 patients) can be treated by Omeprazole, Nexium, Prilosec, Prevacid, Protonix, Prilosec Otc.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 162 males aged 79 (±5) who take plavix, Aciphex are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Heart Catheterization, GERD
- plavix (clopidogrel bisulfate): used for 2 - 5 years
- Aciphex (rabeprazole sodium): used for 5 - 10 years
eHealthMe real world results:
Drug effectiveness over time :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|plavix is effective||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||0.00%|
(0 of 1 people)
|Aciphex is effective||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||100.00%|
(1 of 1 people)
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Liver Disorder||Jaundice||Peripheral Arterial Occlusive Disease||Pulmonary Oedema||Peripheral Arterial Occlusive Disease||Muscle Pain||n/a||Diarrhoea|
|Pyrexia||Haemorrhage||Loss Of Consciousness||Renal Failure Acute||Chest Pain||Chest Pain|
|Neutropenia||Intestinal Perforation||Hypertension||Blood Creatinine Increased||Hypertension||Dyspnoea|
|Renal Impairment||Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura||Osteopenia||Blood Creatine Phosphokinase Increased||Osteopenia||Pyrexia|
|Cardiac Failure Congestive||Diarrhoea||Pneumothorax||Blood Urea Increased||Pneumothorax||Hypertension|
|Skin Ulcer||Malaise||Condition Aggravated||Skin Ulcer||Cough||Blood Pressure Decreased|
|Blood Creatinine Increased||Purpura||Chest Pain||Urine Output Decreased||Condition Aggravated||Rhabdomyolysis|
|Blood Creatine Phosphokinase Increased||Decreased Appetite||Cough||Staphylococcal Osteomyelitis||Abdominal Pain||Jaundice|
|Blood Alkaline Phosphatase Increased||Petechiae||Thalamus Haemorrhage||Pyrexia||Loss Of Consciousness||Neutropenia|
|Blood Lactate Dehydrogenase Increased||Gastric Cancer||Dyspnoea||Rhabdomyolysis||Herpes Zoster||Malaise|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related mobile support group
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who have GERD
- support group for people who have Heart Catheterization
- support group for people who take Aciphex
- support group for people who take Plavix
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Cymbalta r/t autonomic neuropathy
(Asked by a 62 year old man who has Stomach Pains, GERD, Fatique, Constipation, Dizzness, Early Satiety)
neurotin losartan 20 mg tired all the time, dizziness, chronic constipation, stomach pains, pins and needles, diabetic type 2 hx alcoholism resolved, gerd, early satiety
- Is type 2 diabetes reversible after stopping plavix after a year being on the drug?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Heart Attack With Stents, and takes Metoprolol Tartrate, Protonix, Plavix)
Can any Plavix, Protonix or Metoprolol can type 2 diabetes and can it be reversible after stopping the meds? I experience severe leg cramps in my muscles. I was on Atorvastatin for high cholesterol for 8 months before being taken off. If anyone can answer any of my questions it will be greatly appre ...
- I was jut diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis. i called my doctor's office today to ask what otc pain reliever i could take for joint pain. the nurse said i should take only tylenol. is this correct?
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has GERD, Autoimmune Hepatitis, and takes Protonix)
Information on the web says Tylenol is known to cause autoimmune hepatitis. I am concerned that my doctor's nurse had instructed me to take it. I was hoping it would be safe to take Alive.
- Does anyone get a flushed face using plavix
(Asked by a 65 year old man who has Flushed Face, and takes Plavix )
I started Plavix 1 week ago and since then my face has been really flushed. Has that happened to anyone else? Does it go away? Is there anything I can do to make it go away?
- How many people suffered by gastro intestianal upset by taking paliperidone palmitate?
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has GERD, and takes Invega Sustenna)
paliperidone and antacid combonation used?? can anybody tell these combination is apprpriate to take?? details about palaiperidone palmita? advere effects of paliperidone palmitate?
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Loss of voice and stomach issues
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has REFLUX, LOSS OF VOICE, Now Diagnosed With DES, LRP, DYSPHONIA, and takes HCTZ, Clindamycin)
Prescribed to take 2 - 300 mg tablets of Clindamycin prior to dental procedure to to knee implant done a month and half before dental procedure. Took two pills one hour prior and immediate severe burning of throat, esophagous and stomach with constant nausea. Still have symptons - ie loss of voice ...
- Nexium improves my constipation
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Constipation, GERD, and takes Lyrica, Methadone Hydrochloride, Lipitor)
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- Palpitations when eating raw garlic
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Heartburn, Nausea, Heart Palpitations)
After symptoms of a cold, I've been drinking the famous "garlic honey lemon" mixture to try to get rid of the cold and it actually worked pretty well. The first morning it didn't feel very nice to drink but I was ok. From day 2, I started to feel heartburn and heart palpitations, with a sort of he ...
- Prednisone side effects
(Posted by a 25 year old woman who has Headache, Anxiety, Heartburn, Blurred Vision, Nausea, and takes Prednisone)
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Thyroid Disorder, Ulcer - Stomach, Restrictive Pulmonary Disease, Intestinal Resection, Diverticulitis, Crohn's Disease, and takes Vitamin D, Synthroid, Prilosec Otc, Pravastatin Sodium, Asacol Hd)
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
Related drug interaction studies:
- Aciphex and Plavix drug interactions (1,057 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Plavix for Heart Catheterization reported by 8 people (updated 2 weeks ago)
- Aciphex for GERD reported by 260 people (updated 1 day ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Gerd (51 drugs in 8,427 reports) (updated 11 hours ago)
- Heart Catheterization (2 drugs in 13 reports) (updated 4 years ago)
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Plavix, Atenolol, Norvasc for a patient with Heart Disease. The patient has Megakaryocytes Abnormal, Erythropoiesis Abnormal, Md, Red Blood Cell Count
Comments: I currently have been diagnosed with bone marrow suppression or possibly MDS
- A study of drug interactions between Atenolol, Norvasc, Plavix for a patient with Heart Disease. The patient has Coronary Artery Disease
Comments: I have Coronary Heart Disease and currently developed a sever red blood cell count. Thus far, it appears that MDS may be the cause
- A study of side effects of Rabeprazole for a patient with Gastritis. The patient has Bloating (feeling of tightness around abdomen)
Comments: Stomach feels bloated and unable to burp properly
- A study of drug interactions between Pantoprazole, Plavix, Carvedilol for a patient with Acid Reflux, Stent, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Hyperventilation
Comments: Resperation is at 22-24 during sleep, normal of 12 during the day. I wake up during the night with rapid heartbeat due to the hyperventilation
- A study of drug interactions between Acetaminophen, Clopidogrel, Candesartan Cilexetil, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fenofibrate, Crestor, Lantus Solostar, Plavix, Finasteride, Fish Oil, Vitamin D for a patient with Pain - Bones, Blood Thinner, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Diabetes Mellitus, Bph, Vitamin D Toxicity. The patient has Diarrhea
Comments: Fine until taking acetaminophen and flu and pneumonia shots. Diarrhea by the next morning. going over 25+ time in 12 hours
Common symptoms:Men of age 60+ with Heart Catheterization:
- Erection problems
- Renal failure acute
- Urinary bladder abscess
- Abdominal pain
- Eye redness
- Heart rate increased
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.