Remicade, Zithromax for a 15-year old girl
Summary: 10 female patients aged 15 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied.
This is a personalized study for a 15 year old female patient who has Ulcerative colitis, Strep throat. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Remicade (latest outcomes from 85,486 users) has active ingredients of infliximab. It is often used in crohn's disease.
Zithromax (latest outcomes from 21,402 users) has active ingredients of azithromycin. It is often used in sinusitis.
What are the conditions
Ulcerative colitis (inflammatory bowel disease (ibd). it causes swelling, ulcerations, and loss of function of the large intestine) (latest reports from 21,793 patients) can be treated by Asacol, Remicade, Lialda, Prednisone, Azathioprine, Mesalamine.
Strep throat (a bacterial infection of the throat causing sore throat;) (latest reports from 495 patients) can be treated by Amoxicillin, Azithromycin, Penicillin, Cephalexin, Penicillin-vk, Augmentin '875'.
On Nov, 15, 2014: 10 females aged 11 (±5) who take Remicade, Zithromax are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Ulcerative colitis, Strep throat
- Remicade (infliximab)
- Zithromax (azithromycin)
eHealthMe real world results:
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|n/a||Abscess (pus)||n/a||Pneumonia||n/a||n/a||n/a||Colitis Ulcerative (inflammation of colon with ulcer)|
|Colitis Ulcerative (inflammation of colon with ulcer)||Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage (bleeding gastrointestinal tract)|
|Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage (bleeding gastrointestinal tract)||Abscess (pus)|
|Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract)|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related mobile support group
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Strep Throat
- support group for people who have Ulcerative Colitis
- support group for people who take Remicade
- support group for people who take Zithromax
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I am experiencing myelodysplastic syndrome symptoms but it is said that it doesn't typically get diagnosed for people my age. although everything is spot on and i need to know whats wrong.
(Asked by a 16 year old girl who has Crohns Disease, and takes Remicade)
I have been doing remicade treatments for about four years now. Lately I have gotten a UTI, an I get random bruises every single day, I also get super tired, my body aches, and I get fevers for hours on end without them breaking. I have no idea whats wrong because this has never happened before but ...
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Adverse effect of azithromycin
(Posted by a 47 year old man who has Follicuitis, and takes Azithromycin)
patients immunesystem showed very bad response to azithromycin adminstered as 1000mg per day 3 days and then 1000mg once a week for 6 weeks - a previously chronic sinuitis flared up as did a over 30 year old infection in a broken toe - dicillin was given for 10 days 3000mg per day / 1000mg 3 t ...
- Azithromycin side effect skin hyperpigmentation
(Posted by a 6 year old girl who has Skin Hyperpigmentation, and takes Azithromycin)
My 6-year-old daughter took 5-day course azithromycin 3 times in 5 months for sinus infections. Do not recall exactly when hyperpigmentation began appearing all over front of neck, but definitely by the 3rd month after initial dose, with subsequent darkening upon taking two more prescriptions within ...
Related drug interaction studies:
- Zithromax and Remicade drug interactions (106 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Remicade for Ulcerative Colitis reported by 109 people (updated 1 day ago)
- Zithromax for Strep Throat reported by 7 people (updated 4 days ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Strep Throat (22 drugs in 221 reports) (updated 4 months ago)
- Ulcerative Colitis (24 drugs in 728 reports) (updated 3 weeks ago)
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of side effects of Azithromycin for a patient with Folliculitis.
Comments: did not have any good effect on the condition it was supposed to treat - i.e. folliculitis adversely it had detrimental effect on patients immune-system and chronic infections of the sinuses and a 30 year old infection of a toe showed their presence
- A study of side effects of Azithromycin for a patient with Chlamydial Infection. The patient has Vaginal Discharge
Comments: I'm 23 and pregnant & I was diagnosed with Chlymidia & prescribed Azithromycin by my OBGYN. As soon as I started taking the medicine brown discharge started appearing. It smells like normal discharge & nothing it bloody. I was just wondering of its the infection cleaning itself out.
- A study of side effects of Remicade for a patient with Psoriatic Arthritis. The patient has Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (nerve compression at wrist results numbness weakness, pain , swelling)
Comments: I started remicade infusions on 9/30/14, the next day my wrist began to hurt; the following day the pain became unbearable. I have never had any problems with carpal tunnel in the past. Is this caused by the remicade infusion.
- A study of drug interactions between Rocephin, Azithromycin for a patient with Bronchopneumonia. The patient has Pink Eye, Rales, Wheezing, Chills, Fatigue
Comments: Dx'd 1mo ago
- A study of side effects of Azithromycin for a patient with Pneumonia Bacterial. The patient has Low Blood Sugar (low blood sugar cause seizures)
Comments: shaky, weak, stomach upset, moody within an hour or two after eating. Eating something will help for a very short time
Common symptoms:Girls of age 10-19 with Ulcerative Colitis:
- Infusion related reaction (73 reports)
- Fever (65 reports)
- Nausea and vomiting (41 reports)
- Chest pain (38 reports)
- Pancreatitis (38 reports)
- Rashes (36 reports)
- Breathing difficulty (35 reports)
- Headache (31 reports)
- Lobar pneumonia (31 reports)
- Abdominal pain (29 reports)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.