synthroid, Grape Seed Extract for a 56-year old womanTwitter Facebook Print
This is a personalized study for a 56 year old female patient who has Low Thyroid. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Synthroid (latest outcomes from 93,730 users) has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism.
Grape seed extract (latest outcomes from 82 users) has active ingredients of grape. It is often used in medical diet.
What are the conditions
Low thyroid (abnormally low thyroid hormone production) (latest reports from 43,270 patients) can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine Sodium, Levoxyl, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Levothroid, Armour Thyroid.
On Nov, 22, 2014: 1 female aged 51 (±5) who take synthroid, Grape Seed Extract is studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Low Thyroid
- synthroid (levothyroxine sodium): used for 2 - 5 years
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
|Interaction||Number of reports on eHealthMe|
|Grape Seed Extract||The drug has been added in the study. Outcomes of the drug mix are shown.|
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||Telangiectasia (small dilated blood vessels near the surface of the skin)|
|Red Blood Cell Sedimentation Rate Increased|
|Gangrene (body tissue dies)|
|Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling)|
|Peripheral Ischaemia (impaired circulation to an extremity)|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related mobile support group
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Low Thyroid
- support group for people who take Grape Seed Extract
- support group for people who take Synthroid
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Could acromegaly cause temporal arteritis?i
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Headache Temple Area , Acromegaly , and takes Levothyroxine Thyroid)
I was diagnosed with acromegaly '08. I have had transphenoidal tumor removal and radiation. New onset of severe pain temples, nausea, neck pain I don't want to call my doctor and sound like a hypochondriac Does anyone have experience with having acromegaly and ending up with temporal arteritis
- Im taking pantoprazole before that oprazole i have thyroid problem hypo in my 50 s having very bad deppression was told to stay on meds for 2 months than lower dosage forever.anyone else went thu this
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has GERD ,mild Chroic, and takes Synthroid)
had endoscopy and they found i have mild chronic gerd.have to take lower dosage forever.Iam so concerned of b12 defiectencey since i have mild neuropathy feet ae starting to tingle.and have venous insufficentcy wich i heard this meds constrict veins.
- Is it my thyroid or am i mentally ill? diagnosed w/ hashimoto's thyroiditis but untreated - chronic pain unmanaged also
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Spondylosis, Autoimmune Disorder, Asthma Late Onset, Migraine, Degenerative Joint Disease, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Facet Joint Syndrome, Sacroiliitis, Diverticulosis, PTSD, IBS, Traumatic Brain Injury, Pelvic Congestion, Fibromyalgia, Interstitial Cystitis (IC), Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, and takes Albuterol Sulfate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Maxalt, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Oxycontin, Alvesco, Levothyroxine Thyroid)
I moved to OR from HI and brought all my records, signed releases, and had many diagnoses, all but the thyroid, was being treated and long-term. I also took Oxycontin & Oxycodone for severe chronic pain from bilateral SI joint fusion (right screw protrudes & leg also becomes numb and weak with acti ...
- Is it safe to take pravastin while on remicade?
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Ulcerative Colitis, High Blood Cholesterol, and takes Remicade, Pravastatin Sodium, Zoloft, Synthroid)
I have just started on Remicade and this drug scares the heck out of me! However it is being used as a last resort as no other medications were bring my ulcerative colitis under control I am very concerned about drug interactions and can't seem to get any straight answers from my doctor or the pha ...
- Can levothyrosine for under active thyroid make you have high potassium
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Under Active Thryoid, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Have taken Levothyroxine for 10+ years and now have high potassium levels? Could this medication affect potassium levels? Any help appreciated thanks june
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Synthroid and breast enlargement
(Posted by a 61 year old woman who has Breast Swelling, Breast Enlargement, and takes Synthroid)
I have went from a B-C cup size to a D cup in the past 8-9 months.
- Double vision on levothyroxine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Joint Stiffness, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Itching, Allergy To Food, Allergy To Chemicals, Fatigue - Chronic, Confusional State, Hair Loss, Double Vision, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- I switched to armour ,it's not synthetic.
(Posted by a 72 year old woman who has Hashimotos Hypothroidism, and takes Synthroid)
I went off after 7 years on it when I discovered a link to a higher rate of lung cancer. I switched to Armour and it handled the hypothyroidism way better. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3765368/
- High blood pressure - find the right medication
(Posted by a 55 year old woman who has Graves Disease, Essential High Blood Pressure, and takes Lisinopril, Losartan, Amlodipine, Levothyroxine Sodium)
I was going through the menopause with all the usual drama when I started feeling awful. Doc said that my blood pressure was through the roof and prescribed Lisinopril. This gave me technicolour dreams and a runny nose, so he switched me to Losartan. This made me soooo tired that I didn't want to ...
- Shortness of breath after taking levothyroxine for 8-10 yrs.
(Posted by a 38 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
I have been experiencing shortness of breath lately when taking the levothyroxine. If I stop taking it for a couple of days my shortness of breath is pretty much gone.
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Synthroid for Low Thyroid reported by 2,683 people (updated 22 hours ago)
Complete drug side effects:
Synthroid side effects reported by 88,885 people (updated 1 week ago)
Synthroid side effects reported by 88,885 people (updated 1 week ago)
- Low Thyroid (30 drugs in 6,074 reports) (updated 22 hours ago)
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Viibryd, Sucralfate, Pantoprazole, Nifedipine, Plavix, Synthroid for a patient with Depression, Gerd, High Blood Pressure, Arterial Thrombosis Limb, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Ptsd
Comments: I have been diagnosed with Buerger's Disease.
- A study of drug interactions between Phenergan, Bactrim, Gabapentin, Wellbutrin Xl, Synthroid, Topamax, Prozac for a patient with Nausea, Urinary Tract Infection Enterococcal, Neuropathic Pain, Migraine - Common, Hypothyroidism, Depression. The patient has Muscle Rigidity
Comments: Just started Prozac 4 weeks ago with no side effects. Became ill with UTI, doctor prescribed Bactrim & Phenergan. Within a day, I had severe muscle rigidity in my jaw, neck, shoulders & abdomen. It was not like a "leg cramp" and nothing I have ever experienced. I stopped taking the Prozac and th ...
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Lumigan for a patient with Thyroid Stimulating Hormone-producing Pituitary Tumour, Pressure Sore. The patient has Sleeping Sickness
Comments: Can hardly stay awake. Fall asleep after being awake from 2 hour naps within an hour. After running/walking on treadmill (difficult) at 2.5 mph for one half hour crawl back into bed and sleep! Not usual! Use only one drop in each eye per evening only. Sleep more than the cat! Wondered if I was h ...
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
Comments: Severe stabbing pain between shoulders slightly to the right. Only lasts upto a minute. Attacks infrequent. Tartar on teeth. Sweating and chill although usually very cold. Lethargic Difficult to maintain weight. Skips meals everyday - habitually only eat dinner in the evening and have done ...
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Arava for a patient with Blood Pressure, Lower Cholesterol, Thyroid Disorder, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Hiv Test Positive
Comments: Also take Aspirin 81 mg daily
Common symptoms:Women of age 50-59 with Low Thyroid:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.