Drug interactions between vicodin, delsym, coumadin for a 56-year old woman?
This is a personalized study of vicodin, delsym, coumadin drug interactions for a 56 year old female patient who has Pain, Cough, Thrombosis. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 3 female patients aged 56 (±5) who take the drugs and have drug interactions.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Pain, Cough, Thrombosis
- vicodin (acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate): used for 1 - 6 months
- delsym (dextromethorphan polistirex): used for < 1 month
- coumadin (warfarin sodium): used for 10+ years
On Jan, 11, 2014: 3 females aged 51 (±5) who reported to have interactions when taking vicodin, delsym, coumadin are studied
Most common interactions experienced by females aged 51 (±5) in the use of vicodin, delsym, coumadin:
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Myocardial Infarction (destruction of heart tissue resulting from obstruction of the blood supply to the heart muscle)||3|
|Congestive Cardiac Failure Aggravated (worse dilated impaired heart function)||3|
|Cerebrovascular Accident Nos||3|
|Transient Ischaemic Attack (a transient episode of neurologic dysfunction caused by ischemia (loss of blood flow))||3|
|Diabetic Gastroparesis (paralysis of the muscles of the stomach caused by diabetes)||3|
|Urinary Retention (the inability to completely or partially empty the bladder)||2|
Most common interactions experienced by females aged 51 (±5) in long term use of vicodin, delsym, coumadin:
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Related drug interaction studies:
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Vicodin for Pain reported by 570 people (updated 9 hours ago)
- Delsym for Cough reported by 104 people (updated 17 hours ago)
- Coumadin for Thrombosis reported by 8 people (updated 3 days ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Cough (66 drugs in 848 reports) (updated 2 weeks ago)
- Pain (213 drugs in 9,748 reports) (updated 9 hours ago)
- Thrombosis (3 drugs in 26 reports) (updated 2 months ago)
Comments from related studies:
From this study (10 months ago):
From this study (10 months ago):
From this study (11 months ago):
physician things delusions/hallucinations are due to arterial temporitis flareup and has increased prednisone from 10mg to 40mg. Now she won't sleep, and had much trouble before that as it is. Sometimes she is lucid, other times delusional (calling for people who aren't there). Husband passed away in April. Recovering from a UTI but underlying symptoms still there. Dr. also increased seroquel from 25 to 50mg. at bedtime. She wakes up two times at night wanting to get out of bed.
All these drugs are subsequent to multiple artery dissections with aorta arch stent and femoral-to-femoral stent and several transient ischemic attacks.
I have had a cat scan and some blood work and will be seeing a nuerologist next week' but I am looking for any information that can help me.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By Gmanana: What medications cause hair loss
Been experiencing hair loss for several months and the loss has increased the last couple of months. My doctor ran thyroid test and it was normal. The loss has been gradual and it is not breaking off, but coming out at the root.
- By DianeR: I have been taking loratab 7.5 for several years with no problem and have been switched to the norco 7.5/325 and have been not feeling well is there a difference in ingredients/
Has anyone else experienced side effects while taking this? I actually feel like I am being poisoned. Is there an alternative out there?
- By canman: My wife of 14 years is seeing people following her. also i cant leave my home without being accused of multiple women
my wife thinks people are following her. she also thinks when i go to work i'm seeing a woman. if i sit at home i'm going to the neighbors and seeing a woman. i cannot leave my home or go to work without her accusing me.
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By MadMax: Mental or emotional symptoms of warfarin sodium
Took Coumadin or Warfarin sodium for 18 years it introduced some strange behaviors causing the people around me to think it was caused by the small stroke I had (why I was put on Coumadin). I was switched to Xarelto and within a few days I could remember the things I had been doing and thinking abo ...
- By Jess: Metoprolol & lisinopril, vs. carvedilol, lisinopril and warfarin
Lisinopril 25mg provokes horrific depression, despair, inability to navigate back to upbeat, creative state and fear for survival. Dizziness, crippling vertigo, etc every time I move from rest. Reducing dose to 2.5mg makes side effects tolerable, with no noticeable change in therapeutic effect. Car ...
- By jolene: Bloating and belching
My symptons started with bad breath and progressed over several months to excessive bloating and belching. I had a-fib for a long time and have a defib and pacemaker.A test indicated very slow metabolism. No one gave me a answer to my problem. I mentioned it to my GP and he suggested probiotics so I ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Novolog, Lantus, Vicodin, Coumadin, Prednisone, Seroquel, Miralax, Atorvastatin Calcium, Protonix, Allopurinol, Lopressor, Spironolactone, Megace for a patient with Diabetes, Pain Exacerbated, Blood Clots, Temporal Arteritis, Depression - Elderly, Constipation, Heart Disease - Diabetes, Gerd, Kidney Stones, High Blood Pressure, Hyperaldosteronism, Appetite. The patient has Muscular Weakness (Weakness), Delirium, Confusional State, Delusions, Mixed
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Hydralazine Hydrochloride, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Flexeril, Simvastatin, Warfarin Sodium, Benicar, Carvedilol for a patient with Clotting, Breakthrough Hypertension, Musculoskeletal Chest Pain, Leg Cramps, Inflamation, Thrombus Associated With Dissected Arteries, Systolic Hypertension. The patient has Restless Leg Syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Warfarin Sodium, Topiramate, Skelaxin, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Lamotrigine, Savella for a patient with Pulmonary Embolism, Complicated Migraine, Muscle Disorder, Cervical Spasm, Cyclothymic Disorder, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Seizure Like Phenomena
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.