Drug interactions between zantac, voltaren, zyrtec for a 51-year old woman?
This is a personalized study of zantac, voltaren, zyrtec drug interactions for a 51 year old female patient who has GERD, Anal Inflammation, Eye Allergy. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 4 female patients aged 51 (±5) who take the drugs and have drug interactions.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: GERD, Anal Inflammation, Eye Allergy
- zantac (ranitidine hydrochloride): used for 1 - 2 years
- voltaren (diclofenac sodium): used for 6 - 12 months
- zyrtec (cetirizine hydrochloride): used for 6 - 12 months
Drug interactions have: moderate skin rash, blisters
Comments from or about the patient: about 2 months of itchy, raised bumps scattered that ooze for several days and leave reddened skin after they heal
Reply the comment
On Jan, 26, 2014: 4 females aged 46 (±5) who reported to have interactions when taking zantac, voltaren, zyrtec are studied
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
|Interaction||Number of reports |
among females aged 46 (±5) who take the drugs
|Skin Rash, Blisters||1 (25.00%)|
(as an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea)
|Symptom||Number of reports |
among females aged 46 (±5) who have the condition, regardless of which drug is taken
|Skin Rash, Blisters in Gerd||1 (0.07%)|
|Skin Rash, Blisters in Anal Inflammation||1 (11.11%)|
|Skin Rash, Blisters in Eye Allergy||1 (1.01%)|
(as an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea)
|Side effect||Number of reports |
among females aged 46 (±5) who take the drug
|Skin Rash, Blisters in Zantac||1 (0.04%)|
|Skin Rash, Blisters in Voltaren||1 (0.07%)|
|Skin Rash, Blisters in Zyrtec||1 (0.03%)|
Most common interactions experienced by females aged 46 (±5) in the use of zantac, voltaren, zyrtec:
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Hyperglycaemia (high blood sugar)||2|
|Hypertension (high blood pressure)||2|
|Hyperphagia (an abnormal appetite for food)||2|
|Polyuria (production of too much dilute urine)||2|
|Polydipsia (excessive thirst)||2|
|Periodontal Disease (disease that attacks the gum and bone and around the teeth)||1|
|Obesity (a medical condition in which excess body fat)||1|
|Lymphocytic Dermatitis (inflammation of skin outer layer)||1|
|Musculoskeletal Pain (pain affects the bones, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and nerves)||1|
|Oedema (fluid collection in tissue)||1|
Most common interactions experienced by females aged 46 (±5) in long term use of zantac, voltaren, zyrtec:
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Skin Rash, Blisters||1|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Related drug interaction studies:
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Zantac for GERD reported by 97 people (updated 2 days ago)
- Zyrtec for Eye Allergy reported by 37 people (updated 1 day ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Anal Inflammation (2 drugs in 10 reports) (updated 2 months ago)
- Eye Allergy (26 drugs in 259 reports) (updated 11 months ago)
- Gerd (50 drugs in 7,753 reports) (updated 24 hours ago)
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
From this study (5 months ago):
From this study (1 year ago):
Flushing started Feb. 2013 with large hives. Face and neck become inflamed with burning pain, not itching. Had been on Celebrex several years ( also tried other NSAIDS including Ibuprofen, mobic and aspirin) For neck and joint pain as well as chronic plantar facitits. Episode seem less often without NSAIDS. Continue to have episodes regardless sometimes daily Although have had periods of no episodes for a week. Areas now have has permanent markings (scaring?)
I have seen two dermatologist, family doctor, and allergist who cannot diagnose. Many lab test were within normal limits except mast cells were slightly elevated around 300. Aldactone is new Replacing HCTZ; Zantac, Allegra , and Zyrtec are new to help symptoms. Nasonex is also new . Tried topical steroid cream which was not effective. Thanks!
I have has arthroscopic procedures on nothing my right knee and right neck. I have also been through a greaty deal of MRI's, injections in my hip, illiac crest, knee, and in the SI joint.
It has been 5 months since the hip surgery and 15 months since the knee surgery. I alao suffer from lower back pain and RA rubs in my family.
Dlae Alexander on Sep, 26, 2012:
is it safe to tale naproxen and zilpodem tartrate
I am male 65 yrs old and live in AZ City, AZ (the desert)
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By CK: Side effects or interactions possible cause of visual disturbances, impaired thinking, dizziness?
I have started experiencing visual disturbances (mild hallucination) and dizziness recently. I have tried to control this by changes in diet (eliminating wheat and dairy) since it seems to be worse after I eat especially if the meal has dairy and wheat in it. But it has been getting worse and diet ...
- By All4him: Why am i loosing my voice every day at work?
Almost everyday for the last week or so by the end of the day I am very hoarse. I do answer the phone but the workload has not increased. My throat is sore by bedtime. I have no symptoms in the morning. I take Zyrtec daily for allergies and have seemed a little stuffy lately, but that's it. The p ...
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By linzijay: Tiredness on citalopram and cetirizine
Extreme tiredness......sleep more sleep and slight confusion when I wake...like a zombie mode switched on inside my head ...all I can do is yawn and sleep not good when your a busy mum
- By Boo Radly: Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
- By Sylviasmothersaid: Skin rash in diclofenac potassium
After a car accident in 2011 I took Diclofenac for back & shoulder off and on for about a year. During that time I developed random spots usually on my arms and legs that itch severely and sometimes get infected. I still suffer from the itchy spots and I am DESPERATE for a cure for my agony. I ha ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Nasonex, Zyrtec, Synthroid, Allegra, Zantac, Prilosec, Aldactone, Zanaflex for a patient with Postnasal Drip, Hives, Thyroid Function Tests, Barrett's Esophagus, High Blood Pressure, Spinal Stenosis. The patient has Flushing Of Face And Neck With Hives
- A study of drug interactions between Lidocaine Viscous, Lyrica, Gabapentin, Baclofen, Oxymorphone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone, Zantac 150, Zyrtec, Temazepam, Fioricet, Klonopin, Viibryd for a patient with Pain, Nerve Pain, Muscle Spasms, Hip Pain, Pain - Hip, Gerd, Seasonal Allergy, Insomnia, Migraine, Panic Attack, Generalized Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Lumbosacral Root Pain, Sacral Pain, Neuropathy (Peripheral neuropathy), Anterior Knee Pain (Chondromalacia patella), Testicular Pain, Radiation Associated Pain, Pain In Limb, Hip Pain, Gait Abnormal, Arthroscopic Surgery, Knee Arthroscopy, Tear - Meniscus (Meniscus tears)
- A study of drug interactions between Oxycodone Hydrochloride, Methadone Hydrochloride, Zantac 300, Carafate, Betapace, Klonopin, Adipex-p, Lanoxin, Voltaren, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Flonase, Lasix for a patient with Herniated Nucleus Pulposus (slipped Disk), Gerd, Peptic Ulcer, Wolff-parkinson-white Syndrome, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Obesity, Oa, Wolff-parkinson-white Syndrome Congenital, Rhinitis Allergic, Chf.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.