Review: could Abilify cause Abdominal pain?
Summary: Abdominal pain is found among people who take Abilify, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Depression.
We study 28,440 people who have side effects while taking Abilify from FDA and social media. Among them, 251 have Abdominal pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Abdominal pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Abilify and have Abdominal pain >>>
Abilify has active ingredients of aripiprazole. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 30,194 Abilify users)
Abdominal pain has been reported by people with birth control, crohn's disease, high blood pressure, pain, depression. (latest reports from 107,282 Abdominal pain patients)
On Mar, 4, 2015: 28,440 people reported to have side effects when taking Abilify. Among them, 257 people (0.90%) have Abdominal Pain.
Time on Abilify when people have Abdominal pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Abdominal pain||39.06%||26.56%||4.69%||14.06%||12.50%||1.56%||1.56% |
Gender of people who have Abdominal pain when taking Abilify * :
|Abdominal pain||73.53%||26.47% |
Age of people who have Abdominal pain when taking Abilify * :
|Abdominal pain||0.00%||0.41%||5.31%||13.88%||31.02%||26.53%||11.84%||11.02% |
Severity of Abdominal pain when taking Abilify ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Abdominal pain||0.00%||50.00%||41.67%||8.33% |
How people recovered from Abdominal pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Abdominal pain||14.29%||14.29%||71.43% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (65 people, 25.29%)
- Bipolar disorder (44 people, 17.12%)
- Schizophrenia (39 people, 15.18%)
- Sleep disorder (28 people, 10.89%)
- Pain (28 people, 10.89%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (95 people, 36.96%)
- Ambien (58 people, 22.57%)
- Zyprexa (54 people, 21.01%)
- Risperdal (43 people, 16.73%)
- Lexapro (41 people, 15.95%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of abilify and abdominal pain on
Do you have Abdominal Pain while taking Abilify?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Abilify and have Abdominal Pain
- support group for people who take Abilify
- support group for people who have Abdominal Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Depo-provera for a 31-year old woman with Birth Control. The patient has Menstruation Irregular, Abdominal Pain
- A study of side effects of Aripiprazole for a 39-year old man with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Pancreatitis Aggravated (inflammation of pancreas)
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Ativan, Methadone Hydrochloride, Percocet, Tizanidine Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with PTSD, Spinal Cord Injury Cervical, Spinal Osteoarthritis. The patient has Restlessness Aggravated, Restless Legs Syndrome, Movement - Uncontrollable, Pain - Leg, Nausea And Vomiting, Vomiting, Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Lamotrigine, Aripiprazole for a 27-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Vaginal Bleeding Between Periods
- A study of drug interactions between Folic Acid, Methotrexate, Enbrel for a 51-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Nausea, Abdominal Pain
Recent Abilify related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Abilify, Geodon for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Saphris, Trileptal, Abilify for a 41-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Trileptal, Abilify, Latuda for a 41-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Lamictal, Abilify, Latuda for a 41-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Klonopin, Trileptal, Cymbalta, Abilify for a 40-year old woman who has Bipolar 1
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.