Review: could Abilify cause Anaphylaxis?
Summary: Anaphylaxis is found among people who take Abilify, especially for people who are female, 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ativan, and have Psychotic disorder.
We study 28,440 people who have side effects while taking Abilify from FDA and social media. Among them, 47 have Anaphylaxis. Find out below who they are, when they have Anaphylaxis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Abilify and have Anaphylaxis >>>
Abilify has active ingredients of aripiprazole. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 30,194 Abilify users)
Anaphylaxis (serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, asthma, high blood pressure, premedication, pain. (latest reports from 28,938 Anaphylaxis patients)
On Mar, 22, 2015: 28,440 people reported to have side effects when taking Abilify. Among them, 47 people (0.17%) have Anaphylaxis.
Time on Abilify when people have Anaphylaxis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Abilify * :
Age of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Abilify * :
Severity of Anaphylaxis when taking Abilify ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Anaphylaxis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Psychotic disorder (10 people, 21.28%)
- Bipolar disorder (7 people, 14.89%)
- Anger (6 people, 12.77%)
- Multiple sclerosis (6 people, 12.77%)
- Major depression (4 people, 8.51%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ativan (9 people, 19.15%)
- Xanax (8 people, 17.02%)
- Zoloft (7 people, 14.89%)
- Ambien (7 people, 14.89%)
- Cymbalta (7 people, 14.89%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of abilify and anaphylaxis on
Do you have Anaphylaxis while taking Abilify?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Abilify and have Anaphylaxis
- support group for people who take Abilify
- support group for people who have Anaphylaxis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Abilify related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Abilify, Tenex, Focalin Xr for a 10-year old boy who has ADHD
- Comparions of Abilify, Geodon for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Saphris, Trileptal, Abilify for a 41-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Trileptal, Abilify, Latuda for a 41-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Lamictal, Abilify, Latuda for a 41-year old woman who has Bipolar
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.