Review: could Abilify cause Arnold-chiari malformation?
Summary: Arnold-chiari malformation is reported only by a few people who take Abilify.
We study 28,444 people who have side effects while taking Abilify from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Arnold-chiari malformation. Find out below who they are, when they have Arnold-chiari malformation and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Abilify and have Arnold-chiari malformation >>>
Abilify has active ingredients of aripiprazole. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 30,207 Abilify users)
Arnold-chiari malformation (malformation of the brain) has been reported by people with depression, stress and anxiety, epilepsy, hiv infection, hypersensitivity. (latest reports from 470 Arnold-chiari malformation patients)
On Apr, 6, 2015: 28,444 people reported to have side effects when taking Abilify. Among them, 5 people (0.02%) have Arnold-chiari Malformation.
Time on Abilify when people have Arnold-chiari malformation * :
Gender of people who have Arnold-chiari malformation when taking Abilify * :
|Arnold-chiari malformation||33.33%||66.67% |
Age of people who have Arnold-chiari malformation when taking Abilify * :
|Arnold-chiari malformation||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Arnold-chiari malformation when taking Abilify ** :
How people recovered from Arnold-chiari malformation ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (2 people, 40.00%)
- Depression (1 people, 20.00%)
- Schizophrenia, paranoid type (1 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Haldol (3 people, 60.00%)
- Zoloft (3 people, 60.00%)
- Ortho tri-cyclen (2 people, 40.00%)
- Lamotrigine (2 people, 40.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of abilify and arnold-chiari malformation on
Do you have Arnold-chiari Malformation while taking Abilify?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Abilify and have Arnold-chiari Malformation
- support group for people who take Abilify
- support group for people who have Arnold-chiari Malformation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Klonopin, Abilify, Viibryd for a 33-year old woman with Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Psychosis, Major Depressive Disorder. The patient has Sensory Hallucinations
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Remeron, Lexapro, Klonopin, Fluoxetine, Effexor Xr, Topamax, Risperdal, Restoril, Depakote, Adderall, Abilify, Zoloft, Xanax, Zyprexa, Geodon for a 44-year old woman with Depression, Migraine With Aura, Dpression, Sleep Disorder, Add, Depression - Chronic, Anxiety Disorder.
- A study of drug interactions between Denatured Collagen, Vitamin B12, Folic Acid, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Prempro, Mobic, Cogentin, Lialda, Cymbalta, Abilify for a 63-year old woman with Brittle Nails, Major Depression, Sleep Disorder, Menopause Hot Flashes, Arthritis, Tremor, Ulcerative Colitis, Chronic Depression. The patient has Weight Gain, Fatigue, Tremor, Neck Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Aricept, Lamictal, Desipramine Hydrochloride, Klonopin, Abilify, Lopressor for a 55-year old man with Alzheimers, Anticonvulsant Drug Level Below Therapeutic, Chronic Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Ii Disorder, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Dizziness (excl Vertigo)
- A study of side effects of Abilify for a 50-year old woman with Bipolar.
Recent Abilify related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Januvia, Glimepiride, Glucophage, Depakote, Abilify for a 45-year old woman who has Mental Disability
- Comparions of Abilify, Wellbutrin Xl, Prozac for a 33-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Abilify, Tenex, Focalin Xr for a 10-year old boy who has ADHD
- Comparions of Abilify, Geodon for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Saphris, Trileptal, Abilify for a 41-year old woman who has Bipolar
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.