Review: could Abilify cause Bad dreams (Nightmares)?
Summary: Bad dreams is found among people who take Abilify, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Chantix, and have Depression.
We study 28,417 people who have side effects while taking Abilify from FDA and social media. Among them, 123 have Bad dreams. Find out below who they are, when they have Bad dreams and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Abilify and have Bad dreams >>>
Abilify has active ingredients of aripiprazole. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Abilify 30,166 users)
Bad dreams (unpleasant dreams) has been reported by people with quit smoking, depression, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure, pain.(latest reports from Bad dreams 14,120 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 28,408 people reported to have side effects when taking Abilify. Among them, 123 people (0.43%) have Bad Dreams.
Time on Abilify when people have Bad dreams * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bad dreams||25.00%||41.67%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00%||8.33%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Bad dreams when taking Abilify * :
|Bad dreams||69.23%||30.77% |
Age of people who have Bad dreams when taking Abilify * :
|Bad dreams||0.00%||2.15%||12.90%||11.83%||21.51%||22.58%||12.90%||16.13% |
Severity of Bad dreams when taking Abilify ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Bad dreams||25.00%||25.00%||25.00%||25.00% |
How people recovered from Bad dreams ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Bad dreams||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (34 people, 27.64%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (27 people, 21.95%)
- Bipolar disorder (23 people, 18.70%)
- Anxiety (18 people, 14.63%)
- Insomnia (10 people, 8.13%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Chantix (27 people, 21.95%)
- Cymbalta (22 people, 17.89%)
- Seroquel (21 people, 17.07%)
- Depakote (21 people, 17.07%)
- Zyprexa (13 people, 10.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bad Dreams while taking Abilify?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Abilify and have Bad Dreams
- support group for people who take Abilify
- support group for people who have Bad Dreams
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Abilify, Bad dreams
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue (1 response)
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,thoughts of losing my mind ,racing heart rate,mental confusion,emergency visits twice,never in my life have gone to hospital by ambulance..5'11 178 BM 17 ,faithful gym rat ,all test ruled out physical issues,informed doctor, he didn't feel Lipitor was the cause,I stopped Lipitor 3 weeks later not losing weight ,bad dreams gone,feeling like myself again,hoping to regain the weight in time,Lisinpril 10 mg started two years ago ,has issues but did not connect until recently,3 months after taking started to have problems in the bedroom,only within the last 5 months did it occur to me was that was the cause of my sexual performance...had all test done testosterone ,blood work and all came back normal,stopped taking Lisinpril for 4 days a my manhood returned to normal!! Just spoke with doctor and says that shouldn't be????? Really ,he has since written me a new BP prescription,recent BP readings have been normal and will not take until BP rises....eating better ,with supplements ,,why Doctors don't believe the patient is incredulous ,thanks to sites like this people need to really question the health care their getting .....
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on track. It seems like every time I try these pills I get pushed off course. Anyways here's my experience with pristiq. Day1) dilation ofpupils was noticed with in a few hours, it started to feel like I was on sshrooms....I'd look in the mirror and feel so much love...just stand there staring. I slept better than I did in months. Day 2) Sadly though, when I woke up I couldn't climax, it was like I was numb. My pupils were still dilated and I still felt an out pouring of love and admiration while looking at myself. I tried hard not to fixate and get ready for work. I noticed that my tummy wasn't bloated anymore, I hadn't felt this much releaf in months. As I took my daily 50mg I reassured myself that it was ok not to climax in favor of all the good things I'm feeling now. Pristiq didn't interfere with my routine other than climaxing. Day 3) I awoke well rested with a happy tummy and it didn't bother me a bit not to climax, I jumped out of bed and started my day with vigor. The moment I took my dose and left the house is the last thing I remember! From what I wrote in my calendar, the notes I took, and my phone history I can piece together the things I did for 7 more days!!! I went to work, but my coworker was on holidays so it was just me alone in the office, I have no family or friends in this country (I moved to get away from a bad situation, hence cptsd) anyways I had no interaction. The only thing that brought me out was probably that I stopped taking the medication on day7 (According to the amount of medication left)....it's taken 14 more days to get out of the pristiq fog. During that time I've experienced nightly vivid dreams/ nightmares, extreme sweating and high body temperature, my stomach discomfort fluctuates but I can control it through diet, I'm able to climax again though it takes time, my pupils returned to normal a few days after I returned to myself...I seem to have memory impairment.
- Bpd and insomnia with abilify and cymbalta
I am currently in recovery from BPD, but still have some traits. I also suffer from depression. I suffer with insomnia also. I have noticed that if I forget to take my meds, I have a higher chance of not sleeping that night.
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects (1 response)
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sleep returned to normal. His kidneys also recovered, and he regained the ability to control urination. About a year after that, he was arrested for downloading child pornography, and I haven't spoken to him since. I'm not suggesting that Effexor caused him to become a pedophile, but it has been noted to produce personality changes in some users. It would be hard to ascertain whether any or all of these side effects resulted from the drug, but I would NEVER take it or allow anyone I cared about to do so. He had never exhibited any such symptoms before taking it, and I feel it ruined his life on many levels.
- Ultracent caused nightmare
I had the worst nightmare I have had since I was a child. Probably the worst one I've had ever. I woke up crying and was thrashing around in my sleep. I'm currently to terrified to move from my bed. Just a fair warning.
More reviews for: Abilify, Bad dreams
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I've been taking Abilify for about 2 years but I've been messing up on it I keep starting and stopping the medication which I know I shouldn't do that. And I just started my period 2 weeks late no cramping just a little ache in my back. But I'm having a lot of clots and just bleeding when I go pee ...
- I took Lexapro all throughout high school and one year in college. i was taken off lexapro when i was put on adderall after being misdiagnosed with adhd. i was also on abilify my senior year of high school. i got off of adderall after one semester of school. I can not remember a time when my memory ...
- My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always under control with the same medication (Depakote) Depakote never gave any side effects. These dreams came on when he started taking methylphenidate er
- I was wondering how the drugs given to my young stepdaughter work together. Because she takes these medications I do not feel comfortable giving her other types of over the counter medications such as acetamenaphine, ibuprofen, etc.
- Within 3 to 4 months of starting ABILIFY, I gained about 40 pounds. As for the akathisia (feeling of restlessness or shaking on the inside), it wasn't bad until my dose got to 15mg. Eventually it went away and I still take 15mg/day. (haven't been able to lose much weight though. Side effects with ...
More related studies for: Abilify, Bad dreams
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.