Home > Abilify > Bad dreams > Abilify and Bad dreams
Review: could Abilify cause Bad dreams (Nightmares)?
We study 28,407 people who have side effects while taking Abilify from FDA and social media. Among them, 123 have Bad dreams. Find out below who they are, when they have Bad dreams and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Abilify and have Bad dreams >>>
Abilify (latest outcomes from 30,148 users) has active ingredients of aripiprazole. It is often used in depression.
Bad dreams (unpleasant dreams) (latest reports from 86,349 patients) has been reported by people with quit smoking, depression, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure, pain.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 28,378 people reported to have side effects when taking Abilify. Among them, 123 people (0.43%) have Bad Dreams.
Time on Abilify when people have Bad dreams * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bad dreams||25.00%||41.67%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00%||8.33%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Bad dreams when taking Abilify * :
|Bad dreams||69.23%||30.77% |
Age of people who have Bad dreams when taking Abilify * :
|Bad dreams||0.00%||2.15%||12.90%||11.83%||21.51%||22.58%||12.90%||16.13% |
Severity of Bad dreams when taking Abilify ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Bad dreams||25.00%||25.00%||25.00%||25.00% |
How people recovered from Bad dreams ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Bad dreams||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (34 people, 27.64%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (27 people, 21.95%)
- Bipolar disorder (23 people, 18.70%)
- Anxiety (18 people, 14.63%)
- Insomnia (10 people, 8.13%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Chantix (27 people, 21.95%)
- Cymbalta (22 people, 17.89%)
- Seroquel (21 people, 17.07%)
- Depakote (21 people, 17.07%)
- Zyprexa (13 people, 10.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bad Dreams while taking Abilify?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Abilify and have Bad Dreams
- support group for people who take Abilify
- support group for people who have Bad Dreams
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
I wake up every coupl hours freezing cold and sweating bad. I'm losing weight and having bad dreams that make me sad
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Abilify, Bad dreams
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on tr ...
- Bpd and insomnia with abilify and cymbalta
I am currently in recovery from BPD, but still have some traits. I also suffer from depression. I suffer with insomnia also. I have noticed that if I forget to take my meds, I have a higher chance of not sleeping that night.
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
More reviews for: Abilify, Bad dreams
On eHealthMe, Abilify (aripiprazole) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Abilify is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Abilify used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Compare Allegra and Vitamin E for a 58-year old woman (23 minutes ago)
- Xarelto for a 68-year old man who has DVT (32 minutes ago)
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Lithium Carbonate and Vivid Nightmare
- Azathioprine and Total Knee Replacement
- Fluoxetine and Sildenafil Citrate
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (6 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (7 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (10 hours ago)
- Eye Swelling
- Urethral Adenoma