Abilify and Death - from FDA reports
Death is found among people who take Abilify, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Schizophrenia. This review analyzes which people have Death with Abilify. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 54,344 people who have side effects when taking Abilify from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
54,344 people reported to have side effects when taking Abilify.
Among them, 878 people (1.62%) have Death
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Abilify when people have Death *:
- < 1 month: 32.56 %
- 1 - 6 months: 28.68 %
- 6 - 12 months: 10.08 %
- 1 - 2 years: 16.28 %
- 2 - 5 years: 11.63 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.78 %
Gender of people who have Death when taking Abilify *:
- female: 47.56 %
- male: 52.44 %
Age of people who have Death when taking Abilify *:
- 0-1: 0.62 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 2.65 %
- 20-29: 7.79 %
- 30-39: 14.02 %
- 40-49: 25.86 %
- 50-59: 19.0 %
- 60+: 30.06 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Schizophrenia (169 people, 19.25%)
- Psychotic Disorder (48 people, 5.47%)
- Stress And Anxiety (41 people, 4.67%)
- High Blood Pressure (27 people, 3.08%)
- Schizoaffective Disorder (26 people, 2.96%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Seroquel (110 people, 12.53%)
- Risperdal (98 people, 11.16%)
- Zyprexa (67 people, 7.63%)
- Haldol (52 people, 5.92%)
- Depakote (52 people, 5.92%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Diabetes (35 people, 3.99%)
- Breathing Difficulty (34 people, 3.87%)
- Type 2 Diabetes (26 people, 2.96%)
- Stress And Anxiety (25 people, 2.85%)
- Fall (23 people, 2.62%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Death when taking Abilify?
- Check symptoms - is death caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDeath and drugs with ingredients of aripiprazole.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDeath and Abilify from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Abilify has active ingredients of aripiprazole. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Abilify 57,730 users)
Death has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, primary pulmonary hypertension, chronic myeloid leukaemia, diabetes, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 386,249 Death patients).
Browse all side effects of Abilifya b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with DeathDeath
Could your condition cause DeathDeath
What would happen?
Questions to the study
My doctors recently lowered my Carbamazepine because increased toxicity levels. Then my Psychiatrist added Abilify recently. All the sudden I'm weak and had side pain. I went to my general doctor and she wanted me rushed to the hospital because of low sodium levels in my body and this just ...
User reviews to the study
My husband was a healthy 78 yr old man, never sick in the 48 yrs we were married. He got ulcerative colitis and was given Lialda,3 pills a day. Within 3 months it totally destroyed his white blood cells and literally killed him! Every Dr imaginable, including CDC tried to save him but it was ...
I first took Abilify in August of 2014. I stopped after taking it for several weeks as it didn't take away the musical hallucination that I am experiencing. I restarted taking it again on December 24, 2016. My heart rate is 112 pulse per minute now. I am very concerned. The psychiatrist who ...
My only child died 19 days after giving birth to my only grandchild. My daughter was only 20 years old and healthy for the most part as I thought the headaches, and weight gain, mood swings. acne, excessive yeast, and bladder infections, Blurred vision. Ultimately Bre died from 2 massive brain ...