Review: could Abilify cause High blood sugar (Hyperglycemia)?
Summary: High blood sugar is found among people who take Abilify, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Seroquel, and have Depression.
We study 28,440 people who have side effects while taking Abilify from FDA and social media. Among them, 402 have High blood sugar. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood sugar and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Abilify and have High blood sugar >>>
Abilify has active ingredients of aripiprazole. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 30,194 Abilify users)
High blood sugar
High blood sugar (high blood sugar) has been reported by people with diabetes, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, bipolar disorder. (latest reports from 17,112 High blood sugar patients)
On Mar, 6, 2015: 28,440 people reported to have side effects when taking Abilify. Among them, 402 people (1.41%) have High Blood Sugar.
Time on Abilify when people have High blood sugar * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood sugar||5.88%||38.82%||5.88%||23.53%||22.35%||2.35%||1.18% |
Gender of people who have High blood sugar when taking Abilify * :
|High blood sugar||59.58%||40.42% |
Age of people who have High blood sugar when taking Abilify * :
|High blood sugar||0.78%||0.78%||5.43%||11.89%||19.38%||35.40%||20.16%||6.20% |
Severity of High blood sugar when taking Abilify ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood sugar||22.22%||44.44%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from High blood sugar ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (169 people, 42.04%)
- Bipolar disorder (148 people, 36.82%)
- Anxiety (101 people, 25.12%)
- Schizophrenia (84 people, 20.90%)
- Sleep disorder (63 people, 15.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (311 people, 77.36%)
- Zyprexa (206 people, 51.24%)
- Risperdal (189 people, 47.01%)
- Geodon (133 people, 33.08%)
- Depakote (101 people, 25.12%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Blood Sugar while taking Abilify?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Abilify and have High Blood Sugar
- support group for people who take Abilify
- support group for people who have High Blood Sugar
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Junel 1.5/30, Ferrous Fumarate, Abilify for a 20-year old woman with Birth Control, Iron Deficiency, Depression. The patient has High Blood Cholesterol, Iron Deficiency, Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Lamictal, Abilify for a 56-year old woman with Anxiety, Depression, Bipolar. The patient has Belching, Swallowing Difficulty, Heartburn
- A study of side effects of Abilify for a 31-year old woman with Psychosis. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of side effects of Nexium Iv for a 55-year old woman with Heartburn - Chronic. The patient has High Blood Sugar (high blood sugar)
- A study of drug interactions between Antabuse, Clonidine, Strattera, Cymbalta, Abilify, Depakote for a 46-year old woman with Addiction, Hypertension, Add, Depression, Bipolar 1. The patient has Sleepiness - During The Day
Recent Abilify related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Saphris, Trileptal, Abilify for a 41-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Trileptal, Abilify, Latuda for a 41-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Lamictal, Abilify, Latuda for a 41-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Klonopin, Trileptal, Cymbalta, Abilify for a 40-year old woman who has Bipolar 1
- Comparions of Abilify, Latuda for a 36-year old woman who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.