Review: could Abilify cause High blood sugar (Hyperglycemia)?
Summary: High blood sugar is found among people who take Abilify, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Seroquel, and have Depression.
We study 28,444 people who have side effects while taking Abilify from FDA and social media. Among them, 402 have High blood sugar. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood sugar and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Abilify and have High blood sugar >>>
Abilify has active ingredients of aripiprazole. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 30,207 Abilify users)
High blood sugar
High blood sugar (high blood sugar) has been reported by people with diabetes, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, bipolar disorder. (latest reports from 17,136 High blood sugar patients)
On Apr, 12, 2015: 28,444 people reported to have side effects when taking Abilify. Among them, 402 people (1.41%) have High Blood Sugar.
Time on Abilify when people have High blood sugar * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood sugar||5.88%||38.82%||5.88%||23.53%||22.35%||2.35%||1.18% |
Gender of people who have High blood sugar when taking Abilify * :
|High blood sugar||59.58%||40.42% |
Age of people who have High blood sugar when taking Abilify * :
|High blood sugar||0.78%||0.78%||5.43%||11.89%||19.38%||35.40%||20.16%||6.20% |
Severity of High blood sugar when taking Abilify ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood sugar||22.22%||44.44%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from High blood sugar ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (169 people, 42.04%)
- Bipolar disorder (148 people, 36.82%)
- Anxiety (101 people, 25.12%)
- Schizophrenia (84 people, 20.90%)
- Sleep disorder (63 people, 15.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (311 people, 77.36%)
- Zyprexa (206 people, 51.24%)
- Risperdal (189 people, 47.01%)
- Geodon (133 people, 33.08%)
- Depakote (101 people, 25.12%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Blood Sugar while taking Abilify?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Abilify and have High Blood Sugar
- support group for people who take Abilify
- support group for people who have High Blood Sugar
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Cozaar for a 59-year old man with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Blood Pressure Increased, High Blood Sugar, Hypotriglyceridaemia
- A study of side effects of Glipizide for a 59-year old man with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has High Blood Glucose Level
- A study of drug interactions between Effexor Xr, Abilify for a 38-year old woman with Depression, Mood Swings.
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Neurontin, Abilify, Lexapro, Lamictal, Humira for a 56-year old man with Acid Reflux, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Psoriasis.
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Multivitamin, Horse Chestnut, Omega 3, Saw Palmetto, Metformin, Aspirin, Atenolol, Glimepiride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Fosinopril Sodium for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Deficiency, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Ischaemic Heart Disease. The patient has Peripheral Artery Disease, Coronary Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Sugar
Recent Abilify related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Januvia, Glimepiride, Glucophage, Depakote, Abilify for a 45-year old woman who has Mental Disability
- Comparions of Abilify, Wellbutrin Xl, Prozac for a 33-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Abilify, Tenex, Focalin Xr for a 10-year old boy who has ADHD
- Comparions of Abilify, Geodon for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Saphris, Trileptal, Abilify for a 41-year old woman who has Bipolar
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.