Abilify and High blood sugar - from FDA reports
High blood sugar is found among people who take Abilify, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Seroquel, and have Schizophrenia. This review analyzes which people have High blood sugar with Abilify. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 54,344 people who have side effects when taking Abilify from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 22, 2017
54,344 people reported to have side effects when taking Abilify.
Among them, 459 people (0.84%) have High blood sugar
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Abilify when people have High blood sugar *:
- < 1 month: 12.05 %
- 1 - 6 months: 42.17 %
- 6 - 12 months: 9.64 %
- 1 - 2 years: 14.46 %
- 2 - 5 years: 16.87 %
- 5 - 10 years: 3.61 %
- 10+ years: 1.2 %
Gender of people who have High blood sugar when taking Abilify *:
- female: 55.43 %
- male: 44.57 %
Age of people who have High blood sugar when taking Abilify *:
- 0-1: 0.8 %
- 2-9: 1.6 %
- 10-19: 4.8 %
- 20-29: 12.53 %
- 30-39: 19.47 %
- 40-49: 33.6 %
- 50-59: 20.0 %
- 60+: 7.2 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Schizophrenia (88 people, 19.17%)
- Stress And Anxiety (87 people, 18.95%)
- Sleep Disorder (55 people, 11.98%)
- Psychotic Disorder (38 people, 8.28%)
- Insomnia (36 people, 7.84%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Seroquel (289 people, 62.96%)
- Zyprexa (203 people, 44.23%)
- Risperdal (180 people, 39.22%)
- Geodon (129 people, 28.10%)
- Depakote (97 people, 21.13%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Type 2 Diabetes (174 people, 37.91%)
- Diabetes (173 people, 37.69%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (108 people, 23.53%)
- Weight Loss (79 people, 17.21%)
- Weight Increased (74 people, 16.12%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have High blood sugar when taking Abilify?
- Check symptoms - is high blood sugar caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHigh blood sugar and drugs with ingredients of aripiprazole.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHigh blood sugar and Abilify from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Abilify has active ingredients of aripiprazole. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Abilify 57,730 users)
High blood sugar
High blood sugar has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, multiple myeloma (latest reports from 25,999 High blood sugar patients).
Browse all side effects of Abilifya b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with High blood sugarHigh blood sugar
Could your condition cause High blood sugarHigh blood sugar
What would happen?
Questions to the study
My doctors recently lowered my Carbamazepine because increased toxicity levels. Then my Psychiatrist added Abilify recently. All the sudden I'm weak and had side pain. I went to my general doctor and she wanted me rushed to the hospital because of low sodium levels in my body and this just ...
User reviews to the study
I first took Abilify in August of 2014. I stopped after taking it for several weeks as it didn't take away the musical hallucination that I am experiencing. I restarted taking it again on December 24, 2016. My heart rate is 112 pulse per minute now. I am very concerned. The psychiatrist who ...
I am,taking rituxin infusion for polymyositus. I just completed by second course of two infusions. My blood sugar is thru the roof stayin the 200 range for several days. I am not on insulin. Normal run 110 to 160 after meals. Has anyone else seen this result and does it go down?