Review: could Abilify cause Kidney stones?
Summary: Kidney stones is found among people who take Abilify, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Zyprexa, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 28,440 people who have side effects while taking Abilify from FDA and social media. Among them, 65 have Kidney stones. Find out below who they are, when they have Kidney stones and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Abilify and have Kidney stones >>>
Abilify has active ingredients of aripiprazole. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 30,194 Abilify users)
Kidney stones has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain. (latest reports from 14,361 Kidney stones patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 28,440 people reported to have side effects when taking Abilify. Among them, 65 people (0.23%) have Kidney Stones.
Time on Abilify when people have Kidney stones * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Kidney stones||0.00%||40.00%||0.00%||40.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Kidney stones when taking Abilify * :
|Kidney stones||76.12%||23.88% |
Age of people who have Kidney stones when taking Abilify * :
|Kidney stones||2.00%||0.00%||2.00%||8.00%||26.00%||36.00%||6.00%||20.00% |
Severity of Kidney stones when taking Abilify ** :
How people recovered from Kidney stones ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (23 people, 35.38%)
- Depression (14 people, 21.54%)
- Myocardial infarction (12 people, 18.46%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (12 people, 18.46%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (11 people, 16.92%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zyprexa (30 people, 46.15%)
- Seroquel (23 people, 35.38%)
- Risperdal (22 people, 33.85%)
- Prozac (20 people, 30.77%)
- Depakote (19 people, 29.23%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of abilify and kidney stones on
Do you have Kidney Stones while taking Abilify?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Abilify and have Kidney Stones
- support group for people who take Abilify
- support group for people who have Kidney Stones
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lamotrigine, Aripiprazole for a 27-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Vaginal Bleeding Between Periods
- A study of drug interactions between Junel 1.5/30, Ferrous Fumarate, Abilify for a 20-year old woman with Birth Control, Iron Deficiency, Depression. The patient has High Blood Cholesterol, Iron Deficiency, Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Lamictal, Abilify for a 56-year old woman with Anxiety, Depression, Bipolar. The patient has Belching, Swallowing Difficulty, Heartburn
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 30, Norco, Dilaudid, Oxycontin for a 38-year old woman with ADHD, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Hydronephrosis, Kidney Palpable, Kidney Stones, Medullary Cystic Kidney Disease, Wound Healing Normal, Herpes Virus Infection, Herpes Zoster, Eczema, Hip Pain, X-ray - Pelvis, Back Pain, Adhd, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Muscle Pain, Brain Mass, Fatigue - Chronic, Seizure - Generalized, Connective Tissue Inflammation, Joint Stiffness, Joint Inflammation, Joint Pain
- A study of side effects of Abilify for a 31-year old woman with Psychosis. The patient has Hair Loss
Recent Abilify related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Abilify, Geodon for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Saphris, Trileptal, Abilify for a 41-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Trileptal, Abilify, Latuda for a 41-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Lamictal, Abilify, Latuda for a 41-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Klonopin, Trileptal, Cymbalta, Abilify for a 40-year old woman who has Bipolar 1
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.