Home > Abilify > Migraine > Abilify and Migraine
Review: could Abilify cause Migraine?
Summary: Migraine is found among people who take Abilify, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Depression.
We study 28,408 people who have side effects while taking Abilify from FDA and social media. Among them, 152 have Migraine. Find out below who they are, when they have Migraine and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Abilify and have Migraine >>>
Abilify (latest outcomes from 30,160 users) has active ingredients of aripiprazole. It is often used in depression.
Migraine (headache) (latest reports from 47,669 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, birth control, depression, osteoporosis, pain.
On Nov, 28, 2014: 28,408 people reported to have side effects when taking Abilify. Among them, 152 people (0.54%) have Migraine.
Time on Abilify when people have Migraine * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Migraine when taking Abilify * :
Age of people who have Migraine when taking Abilify * :
Severity of Migraine when taking Abilify ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Migraine ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (55 people, 36.18%)
- Bipolar disorder (46 people, 30.26%)
- Anxiety (27 people, 17.76%)
- Migraine (15 people, 9.87%)
- Schizophrenia (15 people, 9.87%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (55 people, 36.18%)
- Zyprexa (41 people, 26.97%)
- Risperdal (39 people, 25.66%)
- Geodon (38 people, 25.00%)
- Depakote (32 people, 21.05%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Migraine while taking Abilify?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Abilify and have Migraine
- support group for people who take Abilify
- support group for people who have Migraine
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is the pancreatic malfunction caused by abilify irreversible or stopping the drug can restore normal levels of sugar in the blood
(Asked by a 71 year old man who has I Developed Pre-diabetic Levels Of Sugar After The Use Of Abilify, and takes Abilify)
I want to know if stopping the use of Abilify will restore the normal functioning of the Pancreas. Reducing the dosage would reduce the levels of sugar in the blood.
- Has abilify affected your ability to make good decisions?
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Tachycardia, Depression, Fibromyalgia, Anemia, Barrett's Esophagus, Temporal Arteritis, Restless Leg Syndrome, Disautonomia, Autoimmune Retinopathy, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Myasthenia Gravis, Addison's Disease, and takes Abilify)
My husband and I are 73. We had a paid off home and money in the bank until the past 3 years. We have made some terrible decisions and now we are practically penniless. We couldn't understand why we had made such bad decisions and let someone talk us into losing our money. We have also been on A ...
- Does taking aripiprazol 25mg per day affects nexplanon effectiviness?
(Asked by a 29 year old woman who has Schizophrenia, and takes Aripiprazole)
using aripiprazol for 1.5 months.9 weeks ago had a baby.
- Effects taking lamictal abilify and pristiq
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Blackouts Seizure, Bipolar Disorder, and takes Abilify, Lamictal, Pristiq)
Although I take these three drugs I am still experiencing symptoms of lethargy, lack of appetite Are these symptoms perhaps side effects of these grubs?
- Can rituxan cause bipolar disorder?
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Bipolar Disorder, and takes Depakote, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Abilify)
recently started rituxan. Now have bipolar disorder. Could there be any connection?
More questions for: Abilify, Migraine
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Imetrix verses butalb/acet/caffeine
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Migraines, and takes Imitrex)
I have taken both Imitrex and Butalb/acet/caffeine and I have to say that Imitrex works far better than the other one! The substitute I was given for Imitrex doesn't even touch my migraine pain.
- Wheezing stopped after topamax sessesion
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Meniere's Disease, Fibromyalgia Syndrome, Migraines, and takes Fexofenadine Hydrochloride)
Wheezing noted by primary physician in this non-smoker. Stopped Topamax per doctor's instruction. 48 hours later was examined by physician and noted that wheezing stopped.
- Bpd and insomnia with abilify and cymbalta
(Posted by a 45 year old woman who has Depression, Borderline Personality Disorder, and takes Cymbalta, Abilify)
I am currently in recovery from BPD, but still have some traits. I also suffer from depression. I suffer with insomnia also. I have noticed that if I forget to take my meds, I have a higher chance of not sleeping that night.
- Review: could lyrica cause intracranial pressure increased?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has History Of Concussions, Migraines, Neuropathy, and takes Lyrica)
One dose (75mg) caused severe head pain (increased intracranial pressure) and nausea.
- Abilify causing incontinence
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Incontinence, and takes Abilify)
Abilify is making me have Little to no bladder control. Is better once I stopped taking but has not gone away 2 weeks later.
More reviews for: Abilify, Migraine
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 20, Abilify, Lexapro for a patient with ADHD, Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Long-term Memory Loss
Comments: I took Lexapro all throughout high school and one year in college. i was taken off lexapro when i was put on adderall after being misdiagnosed with adhd. i was also on abilify my senior year of high school. i got off of adderall after one semester of school. I can not remember a time when my memory ...
- A study of drug interactions between Loratadine, Abilify, Clonidine for a patient with Allergies, Adhd. The patient has
Comments: I was wondering how the drugs given to my young stepdaughter work together. Because she takes these medications I do not feel comfortable giving her other types of over the counter medications such as acetamenaphine, ibuprofen, etc.
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall, Klonopin, Effexor Xr, Lamictal, Abilify for a patient with Depression, Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Mood Stabilizer, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Sweating - Excessive, Headache, Akathisia, Weight Gain
Comments: Within 3 to 4 months of starting ABILIFY, I gained about 40 pounds. As for the akathisia (feeling of restlessness or shaking on the inside), it wasn't bad until my dose got to 15mg. Eventually it went away and I still take 15mg/day. (haven't been able to lose much weight though. Side effects with ...
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Levoxyl, Alprazolam, Celexa, Abilify for a patient with Chronic Pain, Adult Hypothyroidism, Stress And Anxiety, Depression, Major Depression With Psychotic Features. The patient has Obsessive Thoughts, Compulsive Hair Pulling, Weight Gain, Compulsive Shopping
Comments: I take 20 milligrams of Abilify with 20 mg. of celexa at night with Alprazolam throughout the day and at night to help me sleep. Since taking abilify over the past 10 years I have gained weight that I can't lose, I am always buying lottery tickets, and want to go to gamble obsessively. I also have c ...
- A study of side effects of Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Migraine (headache)
Comments: was recently in-between insurance so went off diltiazem for high blood pressure for one month...persistent (bordering on chronic) migraine headaches dissipated after approx one week off medication and continued migraine free until restarted regular full dose diltiazem (120 mg 2x daily) after 6 weeks ...
More related studies for: Abilify, Migraine
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.