Home > Abilify > Muscle aches > Abilify and Muscle aches
Review: could Abilify cause Muscle aches?
We study 28,378 people who have side effects while taking Abilify from FDA and social media. Among them, 219 have Muscle aches. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle aches and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Abilify and have Muscle aches >>>
Abilify (latest outcomes from 30,129 users) has active ingredients of aripiprazole. It is often used in depression.
Muscle aches (muscle pain) (latest reports from 505,803 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis.
On Sep, 25, 2014: 28,378 people reported to have side effects when taking Abilify. Among them, 219 people (0.77%) have Muscle Aches.
Time on Abilify when people have Muscle aches * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle aches||51.52%||30.30%||9.09%||3.03%||3.03%||3.03%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle aches when taking Abilify * :
|Muscle aches||65.35%||34.65% |
Age of people who have Muscle aches when taking Abilify * :
|Muscle aches||0.00%||0.51%||10.26%||10.77%||8.21%||25.64%||22.05%||22.56% |
Severity of Muscle aches when taking Abilify ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle aches||0.00%||33.33%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle aches ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle aches||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (53 people, 24.20%)
- Bipolar disorder (41 people, 18.72%)
- Schizophrenia (29 people, 13.24%)
- Hypertension (16 people, 7.31%)
- Anxiety (12 people, 5.48%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ambien (30 people, 13.70%)
- Seroquel (26 people, 11.87%)
- Aspirin (25 people, 11.42%)
- Zoloft (23 people, 10.50%)
- Depakote (21 people, 9.59%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Aches while taking Abilify?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Abilify and have Muscle Aches
- support group for people who take Abilify
- support group for people who have Muscle Aches
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 day ago):
never had intusive thouhts before thaking the medicine
From this study (4 days ago):
I would like to know if the medical treatment i observe for 11 years might influence the apparition of chilaidity's syndrom.
My medical treatment : abilify 15mg
carbamazepine LP 400mg (2*200mg)
Abdominal meteorism began after the first year of these drugs, increased during several years at a very high level then stable for 4 or 5 years approximatively. Occasionnaly, I notice a high flatulency.
Despite of activated wood charcoal during 2 or three weeks (several tries), meteorism hasn't decreased at all.
For information, my bmi = 24.13 (body mass index)
my fmi = 22.64 (fat mass index)
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Abilify, Muscle aches
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Bpd and insomnia with abilify and cymbalta
I am currently in recovery from BPD, but still have some traits. I also suffer from depression. I suffer with insomnia also. I have noticed that if I forget to take my meds, I have a higher chance of not sleeping that night.
- Abilify causing incontinence
Abilify is making me have Little to no bladder control. Is better once I stopped taking but has not gone away 2 weeks later.
- Hiccups with abilify
Started Abilify on 11/1/2013. In the early afternoon of 11/2, I started hiccuping about every five seconds. Attempted to stop them using various methods: drinking water slowly, holding breath, plugging ears and nose while drinking water, etc. The last method was effective for about an hour before th ...
More reviews for: Abilify, Muscle aches
On eHealthMe, Abilify (aripiprazole) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Abilify is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Abilify used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Nexium, Ventolin Hfa, Imitrex, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Oxybutynin Chloride, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Multivitamin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Hydroxyzine, Cymbalta for a 42-year old woman who has GERD, Asthma, Migraine, Allergy, Incontinence - Urinary, Muscle Spasms, Vitamin D Deficiency, Hypothyroidism, Itching, Depression (43 minutes ago)
- Abilify for a 54-year old man who has Depression (52 minutes ago)
- Enbrel for a 43-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Cytomegalovirus Infection and Vertigo
- Flexeril for Fibromyalgia
- Lightheadedness and Emphysema
- Levothyroxine Sodium
Recent user comments
- "Did not notice until started Finasteride, but might h ... " (2 hours ago)
- "I take 20 milligrams of Abilify with 20 mg. of celexa ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Having headache recurrent last 24 hrs. Side effects o ... " (11 hours ago)
- Cerebral Atrophy
- Plica Palpebronasalis