Review: could Abilify cause Muscle aches?
Summary: Muscle aches is found among people who take Abilify, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ambien, and have Depression.
We study 28,440 people who have side effects while taking Abilify from FDA and social media. Among them, 220 have Muscle aches. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle aches and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Abilify and have Muscle aches >>>
Abilify has active ingredients of aripiprazole. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 30,194 Abilify users)
Muscle aches (muscle pain) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 73,516 Muscle aches patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 28,440 people reported to have side effects when taking Abilify. Among them, 220 people (0.77%) have Muscle Aches.
Time on Abilify when people have Muscle aches * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle aches||50.00%||29.41%||8.82%||2.94%||2.94%||5.88%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle aches when taking Abilify * :
|Muscle aches||65.50%||34.50% |
Age of people who have Muscle aches when taking Abilify * :
|Muscle aches||0.00%||0.51%||10.20%||10.71%||8.16%||26.02%||21.94%||22.45% |
Severity of Muscle aches when taking Abilify ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle aches||0.00%||25.00%||75.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle aches ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle aches||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (54 people, 24.55%)
- Bipolar disorder (41 people, 18.64%)
- Schizophrenia (29 people, 13.18%)
- Hypertension (16 people, 7.27%)
- Anxiety (12 people, 5.45%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ambien (30 people, 13.64%)
- Seroquel (26 people, 11.82%)
- Aspirin (25 people, 11.36%)
- Zoloft (23 people, 10.45%)
- Klonopin (22 people, 10.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of abilify and muscle aches on
Do you have Muscle Aches while taking Abilify?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Abilify and have Muscle Aches
- support group for people who take Abilify
- support group for people who have Muscle Aches
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Zorvolex, Simvastatin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 61-year old woman with Pain - Bones, High Blood Cholesterol, Autoimmune Disorder, Tachycardia. The patient has Muscle Pain, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Joint Pain, Joint Stiffness, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Iron Dextran, Vitamin D, Gabapentin, Pantoprazole for a 37-year old woman with Iron Deficiency Anemia, Vitamin D Decreased, Fibromyalgia, Heartburn - Chronic. The patient has Myalgia
- A study of side effects of Crestor for a 67-year old woman with Lower Cholesterol. The patient has Muscle Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Pulmicort Flexhaler, Proair Hfa, Mirena for a 35-year old woman with Asthma, Birth Control. The patient has Nipple Pain, Insomnia, Thirst, Heart Pounding Or Racing, Confusion, Muscle Aches, Headache, Dizziness, Nosebleed, Hypoglycaemia
- A study of side effects of Aripiprazole for a 39-year old man with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Pancreatitis Aggravated
Recent Abilify related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Abilify, Wellbutrin Xl, Prozac for a 33-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Abilify, Tenex, Focalin Xr for a 10-year old boy who has ADHD
- Comparions of Abilify, Geodon for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Saphris, Trileptal, Abilify for a 41-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Trileptal, Abilify, Latuda for a 41-year old woman who has Bipolar
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.