Review: could Abilify cause Muscle aches?
Summary: Muscle aches is found among people who take Abilify, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ambien, and have Depression.
We study 28,432 people who have side effects while taking Abilify from FDA and social media. Among them, 219 have Muscle aches. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle aches and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Abilify and have Muscle aches >>>
Abilify has active ingredients of aripiprazole. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 30,187 Abilify users)
Muscle aches (muscle pain) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 73,475 Muscle aches patients)
On Feb, 22, 2015: 28,432 people reported to have side effects when taking Abilify. Among them, 219 people (0.77%) have Muscle Aches.
Time on Abilify when people have Muscle aches * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle aches||51.52%||30.30%||9.09%||3.03%||3.03%||3.03%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle aches when taking Abilify * :
|Muscle aches||65.35%||34.65% |
Age of people who have Muscle aches when taking Abilify * :
|Muscle aches||0.00%||0.51%||10.26%||10.77%||8.21%||25.64%||22.05%||22.56% |
Severity of Muscle aches when taking Abilify ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle aches||0.00%||33.33%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle aches ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle aches||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (53 people, 24.20%)
- Bipolar disorder (41 people, 18.72%)
- Schizophrenia (29 people, 13.24%)
- Hypertension (16 people, 7.31%)
- Anxiety (12 people, 5.48%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ambien (30 people, 13.70%)
- Seroquel (26 people, 11.87%)
- Aspirin (25 people, 11.42%)
- Zoloft (23 people, 10.50%)
- Depakote (21 people, 9.59%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of abilify and muscle aches on
Do you have Muscle Aches while taking Abilify?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Abilify and have Muscle Aches
- support group for people who take Abilify
- support group for people who have Muscle Aches
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Lipitor, Diazepam, Furosemide, Potassium Chloride 40meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Warfarin Sodium, Mirtazapine, Abilify, Norco for a 53-year old man with Hbp, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Anxiety Disorder, Congestive Heart Failure, Heart Valve Incompetence, Depression, Mood Disorder, Back Pain.
- A study of drug interactions between Klonopin, Wellbutrin, Adderall Xr 30, Abilify for a 35-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder, Unipolar Depression, Adhd, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Bipolar Disorder
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan, Propylthiouracil for a 69-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Graves Disease. The patient has Vertigo, No Endurance, Shortness Of Breath, Myalgia, Peripheral Neuropathy
- A study of side effects of Abilify for a 47-year old woman with Chronic Depression. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (feeling of tiredness)
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Abilify for a 34-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder, Bipolar I Disorder. The patient has Night Blindness
Recent Abilify related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Klonopin, Trileptal, Cymbalta, Abilify for a 40-year old woman who has Bipolar 1
- Comparions of Abilify, Latuda for a 36-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Abilify, Latuda, Lamictal for a 29-year old woman who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Abilify, Geodon for a 53-year old woman who has Schizophrenia
- Comparions of Risperdal, Abilify, Lamictal, Latuda for a 39-year old woman who has Bipolar
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.