Review: could Abilify cause Night sweats?
Summary: Night sweats is found among people who take Abilify, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Depression.
We study 28,417 people who have side effects while taking Abilify from FDA and social media. Among them, 60 have Night sweats. Find out below who they are, when they have Night sweats and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Abilify and have Night sweats >>>
Abilify has active ingredients of aripiprazole. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Abilify 30,166 users)
Night Sweats (sweating in night) has been reported by people with depression, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, high blood pressure, osteoporosis.(latest reports from Night Sweats 10,308 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 28,408 people reported to have side effects when taking Abilify. Among them, 60 people (0.21%) have Night Sweats.
Time on Abilify when people have Night sweats * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Night sweats||20.00%||70.00%||10.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Night sweats when taking Abilify * :
|Night sweats||78.69%||21.31% |
Age of people who have Night sweats when taking Abilify * :
|Night sweats||0.00%||4.26%||4.26%||6.38%||31.91%||34.04%||4.26%||14.89% |
Severity of Night sweats when taking Abilify ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Night sweats||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Night sweats ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Night sweats||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (12 people, 20.00%)
- Bipolar disorder (11 people, 18.33%)
- Multiple myeloma (8 people, 13.33%)
- Pain (6 people, 10.00%)
- Affective disorder (5 people, 8.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (15 people, 25.00%)
- Prevacid (14 people, 23.33%)
- Zometa (13 people, 21.67%)
- Dexamethasone (13 people, 21.67%)
- Lipitor (13 people, 21.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Night Sweats while taking Abilify?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Abilify and have Night Sweats
- support group for people who take Abilify
- support group for people who have Night Sweats
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Abilify, Night sweats
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Severe night sweats and hot flashes with cymbalta?
I am 24 years old and I have been having severe night sweats for about the last 2 and a half years. I have been on Cymbalta for about 4 and a half years. These night sweats are so severe that I typically wake up 2-4 times a night drenched in sweat where I have to change the sheets, get a new blanket, and change my clothes. This is usually happening to me about 4-6 times a week. I am not sure if this is related to Cymbalta or not. I have gone to my doctor and had all of the tests done, everything is normal. All of the doctors that I have gone to have been clueless as to what could be causing my night sweats. I am thinking of trying to change my Cymbalta to a different medication, however as I am sure most know, it is a pain in the butt to try and find a good antidepressant that works with your body and any other medications you may be taking. The only thing I am going to try before this is using Menopause medications vitamins. I have found a vitamin/supplement that is supposed to help with night sweats and hot flashes and does not have any hormones in it. I have only been taking it for 2 nights, so no results yet. I hope this works so I dont have to change off of Cymbalta.
- Bpd and insomnia with abilify and cymbalta
I am currently in recovery from BPD, but still have some traits. I also suffer from depression. I suffer with insomnia also. I have noticed that if I forget to take my meds, I have a higher chance of not sleeping that night.
- Abilify causing incontinence
Abilify is making me have Little to no bladder control. Is better once I stopped taking but has not gone away 2 weeks later.
- Hiccups with abilify (3 responses)
Started Abilify on 11/1/2013. In the early afternoon of 11/2, I started hiccuping about every five seconds. Attempted to stop them using various methods: drinking water slowly, holding breath, plugging ears and nose while drinking water, etc. The last method was effective for about an hour before the hiccups started again.
The problem persisted throughout 11/3 and disrupted sleep. I stopped taking the Abilify on 11/4 and I have not had another bout of hiccups. I contacted my psychiatrist and he said he was unaware of this side effect. I have printed the study and will bring it in to the next appointment. He suggested I stop for a couple of days and then restart the Abilify to see whether the problem disappears or dissipates.
More reviews for: Abilify, Night sweats
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I've been taking Abilify for about 2 years but I've been messing up on it I keep starting and stopping the medication which I know I shouldn't do that. And I just started my period 2 weeks late no cramping just a little ache in my back. But I'm having a lot of clots and just bleeding when I go pee ...
- I took Lexapro all throughout high school and one year in college. i was taken off lexapro when i was put on adderall after being misdiagnosed with adhd. i was also on abilify my senior year of high school. i got off of adderall after one semester of school. I can not remember a time when my memory ...
- I was wondering how the drugs given to my young stepdaughter work together. Because she takes these medications I do not feel comfortable giving her other types of over the counter medications such as acetamenaphine, ibuprofen, etc.
- Within 3 to 4 months of starting ABILIFY, I gained about 40 pounds. As for the akathisia (feeling of restlessness or shaking on the inside), it wasn't bad until my dose got to 15mg. Eventually it went away and I still take 15mg/day. (haven't been able to lose much weight though. Side effects with ...
- I take 20 milligrams of Abilify with 20 mg. of celexa at night with Alprazolam throughout the day and at night to help me sleep. Since taking abilify over the past 10 years I have gained weight that I can't lose, I am always buying lottery tickets, and want to go to gamble obsessively. I also have c ...
More related studies for: Abilify, Night sweats
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.