Home > Abilify > Parkinson > Abilify and Parkinson
Review: could Abilify cause Parkinson (Parkinson's Disease)?
Summary: Parkinson is found among people who take Abilify, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Depression.
We study 28,408 people who have side effects while taking Abilify from FDA and social media. Among them, 256 have Parkinson. Find out below who they are, when they have Parkinson and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Abilify and have Parkinson >>>
Abilify (latest outcomes from 30,160 users) has active ingredients of aripiprazole. It is often used in depression.
Parkinson (latest reports from 59,479 patients) has been reported by people with parkinson's disease, depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, bipolar disorder.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 28,407 people reported to have side effects when taking Abilify. Among them, 256 people (0.90%) have Parkinson.
Time on Abilify when people have Parkinson * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Parkinson when taking Abilify * :
Age of people who have Parkinson when taking Abilify * :
Severity of Parkinson when taking Abilify ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Parkinson ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (50 people, 19.53%)
- Bipolar disorder (48 people, 18.75%)
- Schizophrenia (32 people, 12.50%)
- Psychotic disorder (26 people, 10.16%)
- Anxiety (24 people, 9.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (34 people, 13.28%)
- Depakote (21 people, 8.20%)
- Akineton (16 people, 6.25%)
- Lorazepam (12 people, 4.69%)
- Prozac (12 people, 4.69%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Parkinson while taking Abilify?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Abilify and have Parkinson
- support group for people who take Abilify
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is the pancreatic malfunction caused by abilify irreversible or stopping the drug can restore normal levels of sugar in the blood
(Asked by a 71 year old man who has I Developed Pre-diabetic Levels Of Sugar After The Use Of Abilify, and takes Abilify)
I want to know if stopping the use of Abilify will restore the normal functioning of the Pancreas. Reducing the dosage would reduce the levels of sugar in the blood.
- I take 20mg of amitriptyline each notgh to help me sleep. i have just been diagnosed with parkinsons and need to takae azilect, whihc is an mao-b inhibotor, can i take them together
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Parkinson's Disease, and takes Azilect)
Can I take both these tables together? My consultant said it was ok to take both
but the Amitriptyline instructions say do not take with MAO-B inhibitors, Azilect is an MAO-B inhibitors
- Has anyone with parkinson's tried stem cell therapy?
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Parkinson's Disease, and takes Azilect)
I would like to supplement the azilect I take with natural products that will hopefully keep my symptoms stable at least for as long as possible. I'm also very interested in finding out more about the benefit of stem cell therapy.
- Has abilify affected your ability to make good decisions?
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Tachycardia, Depression, Fibromyalgia, Anemia, Barrett's Esophagus, Temporal Arteritis, Restless Leg Syndrome, Disautonomia, Autoimmune Retinopathy, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Myasthenia Gravis, Addison's Disease, and takes Abilify)
My husband and I are 73. We had a paid off home and money in the bank until the past 3 years. We have made some terrible decisions and now we are practically penniless. We couldn't understand why we had made such bad decisions and let someone talk us into losing our money. We have also been on A ...
- My husband has been diagnosed with early onset parkinsons at 45. vomiting in the early morning has always been a symptom long before they put him on medications. any ideas? it is not acid reflux.
(Asked by a 46 year old man who has Vomiting , Parkinson's Disease)
Anxiety and acid reflux have been ruled out. He does not have high blood pressure.
More questions for: Abilify, Parkinson
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bpd and insomnia with abilify and cymbalta
(Posted by a 45 year old woman who has Depression, Borderline Personality Disorder, and takes Cymbalta, Abilify)
I am currently in recovery from BPD, but still have some traits. I also suffer from depression. I suffer with insomnia also. I have noticed that if I forget to take my meds, I have a higher chance of not sleeping that night.
- Abilify causing incontinence
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Incontinence, and takes Abilify)
Abilify is making me have Little to no bladder control. Is better once I stopped taking but has not gone away 2 weeks later.
- Hiccups with abilify
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Hiccups, and takes Abilify)
Started Abilify on 11/1/2013. In the early afternoon of 11/2, I started hiccuping about every five seconds. Attempted to stop them using various methods: drinking water slowly, holding breath, plugging ears and nose while drinking water, etc. The last method was effective for about an hour before th ...
- Mother recovered significantly from confusion
(Posted by a 77 year old woman who has Parkinsons, and takes Prozac, Wellbutrin, Sinemet)
My very independent, active mother was diagnosed with Parkinson's (long over due, she did not have the common tremor but instead had issues with her gait).
She was already on Wellbutrin and Prozac because they thought her shuffling was muscle weakness due to inactivity caused by depression. Once p ...
More reviews for: Abilify, Parkinson
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Premarin, Atenolol And Chlorthalidone for a patient with High Blood Sugar, Hysterectomy, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Dizziness, Feeling Cold, Shaking Palsy, Muscle Weakness
Comments: After my mother died, i gain 54 pounds in 1 year - at that point my fasting blood sugar was 6.8. I have lost 49 pounds and have changed my diet and activity level.
My fasting blood sugar was 6.1 2 months ago. In the past 8 months, my symptoms have not gone away and I have been advised that my sodiu ...
- A study of drug interactions between Donepezil, Namenda for a patient with Parkinsonism. The patient has Parkinsonism
Comments: Has developed confusion in the evening between 6pm and 10 pm. Am taking namenda at 8 am and 6 pm. Taking donepezil and flomax at 8 pm. Have been taking namenda for 3 months. Since then speech has been lowered and muffled, mostly in the evening also. He is a little unsteady on his feet. Sometim ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Adderall for a patient with Bipolar Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. The patient has Parkinsonism
Comments: I have been on 100mg of Lamictal for over a year, and Adderall 30mg for over two years and three days ago I started having a sharp pain in the bottom right side of my skull and rapid eye movement only when I closed my right eye. Then yesterday, I started to feel like my the right corner of my mouth ...
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Xanax, Aripiprazole, Multivitamin, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D for a patient with Major Depressive Disorder, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar I Disorder, Health, Vitamin D Deficiency. The patient has Depression, Loss Of Judement, Mood Swings, Lifelessness, Numb Feeling, Strange Unusual Behavior, Odd Impules, Shoplifting, Forgetfulness, Behavior - Unusual Or Strange, Impulsive Behaviour, Accident, Brain Contusion, Emotional Poverty, Slurred Speech
Comments: I feel like my life was robbed over a year, I cannot even begin to explain, I ended up feeling like a zombie a lot. I never did a bad thing in my life, and found myself taking something from a store when I had the money. Sometimes I was too afraid to drive or leave my house. I disconnected myse ...
- A study of drug interactions between Abilify, Depakote Er for a patient with Bipolar Disorder, Bipolar I Disorder. The patient has Lack Of Feeling
Comments: My doctor had never heard of this side effect with abilify. However, it was extremely severe - even on a 60* day it would not be unusual for both of my hands to become numb to the point of paralysis. This sensation could easily last up to two hours, and it would render me unable to use my hands... ...
More related studies for: Abilify, Parkinson
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.