Review: could Abilify cause Short-term memory loss (Memory loss)?
Summary: Short-term memory loss is found among people who take Abilify, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lamictal, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 28,417 people who have side effects while taking Abilify from FDA and social media. Among them, 456 have Short-term memory loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Short-term memory loss and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Abilify and have Short-term memory loss >>>
Abilify has active ingredients of aripiprazole. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Abilify 30,166 users)
Short-term memory loss
Short-term memory loss has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, pain, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Short-term memory loss 62,109 patients)
On Dec, 13, 2014: 28,417 people reported to have side effects when taking Abilify. Among them, 456 people (1.60%) have Short-term Memory Loss.
Time on Abilify when people have Short-term memory loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Short-term memory loss||41.67%||23.96%||5.21%||9.38%||10.42%||9.38%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Short-term memory loss when taking Abilify * :
|Short-term memory loss||70.64%||29.36% |
Age of people who have Short-term memory loss when taking Abilify * :
|Short-term memory loss||0.23%||0.46%||7.74%||12.76%||13.90%||25.97%||22.55%||16.40% |
Severity of Short-term memory loss when taking Abilify ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Short-term memory loss||12.00%||28.00%||36.00%||24.00% |
How people recovered from Short-term memory loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Short-term memory loss||0.00%||8.33%||91.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (138 people, 30.26%)
- Depression (107 people, 23.46%)
- Anxiety (39 people, 8.55%)
- Sleep disorder (34 people, 7.46%)
- Schizophrenia (28 people, 6.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lamictal (62 people, 13.60%)
- Seroquel (56 people, 12.28%)
- Cymbalta (52 people, 11.40%)
- Trazodone hcl (43 people, 9.43%)
- Zyprexa (43 people, 9.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Short-term Memory Loss while taking Abilify?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Abilify and have Short-term Memory Loss
- support group for people who take Abilify
- support group for people who have Short-term Memory Loss
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is the pancreatic malfunction caused by abilify irreversible or stopping the drug can restore normal levels of sugar in the blood
I want to know if stopping the use of Abilify will restore the normal functioning of the Pancreas. Reducing the dosage would reduce the levels of sugar in the blood.
- Has abilify affected your ability to make good decisions?
My husband and I are 73. We had a paid off home and money in the bank until the past 3 years. We have made some terrible decisions and now we are practically penniless. We couldn't understand why we had made such bad decisions and let someone talk us into losing our money. We have also been on Abilify about the same amoount of time and I noticed that the commercials say a side affect can be lack of judgement or something to that effect. Has anyone else had this happen?
- My sister has been taking depakote cogentin and geodon and suffers with great memory loss inability to carry on a conversation and drops things all the time is this the effect of these drugs? (1 answer)
Sister takes over 16 perscriptions but the ones mentioned are severe.. due to being bi-polar, and severe agoraphobia and anxiety with depression..is this now her life? Not being able to fully comprehend or remember anything? Dropping things and falling when under the full impact of this medication? I either need to get some acceptance or find answers to the effects this medicine is causing..afraid to change up her medicines but needless to say I am worried...
- Does taking aripiprazol 25mg per day affects nexplanon effectiviness?
using aripiprazol for 1.5 months.9 weeks ago had a baby.
- What's wrong with me?
I have always been very impatient about everything. I'm never on time
I can't get anything accomplished around the house I can't concentrate or focus to get the laundry done or the dishes...I walk in circles most days accomplishing nothing!
Paperwork really stresses me! Wheat her it be for my kids school or for work (I'm a new realtor)
I just can't seem to do it and always have to ask for help or have someone do it for me! I get very frustrated easily.
I tend to rant in about things that have no meaning or importance and dismiss important things or forget them at home (signed contracts, keys...)
I'm getting worse and my dr has put me in seroquill xr recently and I've been on wellbutrin now for about two months. My depression is somewhat better by I still have NO focus and can't seem to get anything done! Weeks go by and I just don't know what I've done with my time!!!
More questions for: Abilify, Short-term memory loss
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on track. It seems like every time I try these pills I get pushed off course. Anyways here's my experience with pristiq. Day1) dilation ofpupils was noticed with in a few hours, it started to feel like I was on sshrooms....I'd look in the mirror and feel so much love...just stand there staring. I slept better than I did in months. Day 2) Sadly though, when I woke up I couldn't climax, it was like I was numb. My pupils were still dilated and I still felt an out pouring of love and admiration while looking at myself. I tried hard not to fixate and get ready for work. I noticed that my tummy wasn't bloated anymore, I hadn't felt this much releaf in months. As I took my daily 50mg I reassured myself that it was ok not to climax in favor of all the good things I'm feeling now. Pristiq didn't interfere with my routine other than climaxing. Day 3) I awoke well rested with a happy tummy and it didn't bother me a bit not to climax, I jumped out of bed and started my day with vigor. The moment I took my dose and left the house is the last thing I remember! From what I wrote in my calendar, the notes I took, and my phone history I can piece together the things I did for 7 more days!!! I went to work, but my coworker was on holidays so it was just me alone in the office, I have no family or friends in this country (I moved to get away from a bad situation, hence cptsd) anyways I had no interaction. The only thing that brought me out was probably that I stopped taking the medication on day7 (According to the amount of medication left)....it's taken 14 more days to get out of the pristiq fog. During that time I've experienced nightly vivid dreams/ nightmares, extreme sweating and high body temperature, my stomach discomfort fluctuates but I can control it through diet, I'm able to climax again though it takes time, my pupils returned to normal a few days after I returned to myself...I seem to have memory impairment.
- Bpd and insomnia with abilify and cymbalta
I am currently in recovery from BPD, but still have some traits. I also suffer from depression. I suffer with insomnia also. I have noticed that if I forget to take my meds, I have a higher chance of not sleeping that night.
- Abilify causing incontinence
Abilify is making me have Little to no bladder control. Is better once I stopped taking but has not gone away 2 weeks later.
- Epipen and memory loss
I have been constantly injected with epipen which has caused severe memory loss.
- Klonopin side effects
Took 1mg of klonopin daily for 2 years for extreme anxiety. Decided to stop medication and now have memory loss. It was also very difficult to train my body to fall asleep on its own after coming off this medication. I have a deficiency in vitamin D now. Not sure if this is from taking this drug? Have had vision changes, such as blurred vision.
More reviews for: Abilify, Short-term memory loss
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I've been taking Abilify for about 2 years but I've been messing up on it I keep starting and stopping the medication which I know I shouldn't do that. And I just started my period 2 weeks late no cramping just a little ache in my back. But I'm having a lot of clots and just bleeding when I go pee ...
- Loratadine was prescribed for "sinus headaches" by pediatric doctor, medicine has had no significant impact on allergies or the headaches it was originally prescribed for. Listed symptoms first noticed after approx. 1 to 1.5 years of continuous use.
- I take it with celexa to even out my highs and lows. Unfortunately, I have memory problems,(200 mg daily), mostly short term. I didn't have this problem before I started taking the medications. My wife is on it also, (100 mg daily). She experiences the same. She is taking effexor.
- Had massive saddle pulmonary embolism in Aug 14, INR stable at 2.4 on Warfarin but am experiencing memory loss - names in particular, why I went into room or logged on to computer to look something up. Demanding Ass Director role so quite concerned. Age 55. No reason for clot ever discovered - ca ...
- I took Lexapro all throughout high school and one year in college. i was taken off lexapro when i was put on adderall after being misdiagnosed with adhd. i was also on abilify my senior year of high school. i got off of adderall after one semester of school. I can not remember a time when my memory ...
More related studies for: Abilify, Short-term memory loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.