Home > Abilify > Short-term memory loss > Abilify and Short-term memory loss
Review: could Abilify cause Short-term memory loss (Memory loss)?
We study 28,378 people who have side effects while taking Abilify from FDA and social media. Among them, 454 have Short-term memory loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Short-term memory loss and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Abilify and have Short-term memory loss >>>
Abilify (latest outcomes from 30,129 users) has active ingredients of aripiprazole. It is often used in depression.
Short-term memory loss
Short-term memory loss (latest reports from 466,972 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 28,378 people reported to have side effects when taking Abilify. Among them, 454 people (1.60%) have Short-term Memory Loss.
Time on Abilify when people have Short-term memory loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Short-term memory loss||42.55%||24.47%||4.26%||8.51%||10.64%||9.57%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Short-term memory loss when taking Abilify * :
|Short-term memory loss||70.53%||29.47% |
Age of people who have Short-term memory loss when taking Abilify * :
|Short-term memory loss||0.23%||0.46%||7.78%||12.59%||13.73%||26.09%||22.65%||16.48% |
Severity of Short-term memory loss when taking Abilify ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Short-term memory loss||13.04%||26.09%||34.78%||26.09% |
How people recovered from Short-term memory loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Short-term memory loss||0.00%||10.00%||90.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (138 people, 30.40%)
- Depression (105 people, 23.13%)
- Anxiety (39 people, 8.59%)
- Sleep disorder (34 people, 7.49%)
- Schizophrenia (28 people, 6.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lamictal (62 people, 13.66%)
- Seroquel (56 people, 12.33%)
- Cymbalta (51 people, 11.23%)
- Zyprexa (43 people, 9.47%)
- Trazodone hcl (43 people, 9.47%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Short-term Memory Loss while taking Abilify?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Abilify and have Short-term Memory Loss
- support group for people who take Abilify
- support group for people who have Short-term Memory Loss
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
I cant control my anger..I have severe mood swings and lash out at people.I know that I feel like everyone is against me and trying to mess with my head.i don't want to get out of bed and I have a hard time functioning doing daily tasks.I get different feelings when im around others such as anxiety,depression,feeling like everyone is against me
Andrea on Oct, 2, 2014:
My bf is the same. I can't find a way to deal with it. I've tried to be nice, be comforting, be supportive but it seems that no matter what I do, i am wrong.
This is the second time he gets malaria.
From this study (9 months ago):
I am worried I will get encephalopathy or go into a comatose state, I also have Hep.C and I carry an auto immune gene from my mother's side of the family. I am Hypothyroid and that is also a cause.
Please provide answers to my question, really appreciate it, it has a profound effect on my decision to keep using the Meth.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Abilify, Short-term memory loss
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on tr ...
- Bpd and insomnia with abilify and cymbalta
I am currently in recovery from BPD, but still have some traits. I also suffer from depression. I suffer with insomnia also. I have noticed that if I forget to take my meds, I have a higher chance of not sleeping that night.
- Abilify causing incontinence
Abilify is making me have Little to no bladder control. Is better once I stopped taking but has not gone away 2 weeks later.
More reviews for: Abilify, Short-term memory loss
On eHealthMe, Abilify (aripiprazole) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Abilify is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Abilify used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Memantine, Advair Diskus 100/50, Donepezil, Amlodipine for a 93-year old woman who has Inflammation Localised, Anxiety Disorder, Alzheimers, Asthma, Alzheimer's Disease, Blood Pressure Increased (19 minutes ago)
- Celexa for a 20-year old woman who has Chronic Depression (1 hour ago)
- Prozac for a 25-year old woman who has Depression (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Prozac and Brittle Nails
- Raspberry Ketone and Diverticulitis
- Blister and Gabapentin
- Urinary Tract Infection and Micardis
Recent user comments
- "I feel as if I have a lump in my throat, as if someth ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Took Nexium for one week. After four days started bre ... " (6 hours ago)
- "he was fine till he took prednizone 10 days died the ... " (7 hours ago)
- Blood Urea Nitrogen/creatinine Ratio Increased
- Vessel Puncture Site Pain