Home > Abilify > Type 1 diabetes mellitus > Abilify and Type 1 diabetes mellitus
Review: could Abilify cause Type 1 diabetes mellitus?
Summary: Type 1 diabetes mellitus is found among people who take Abilify, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Seroquel, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 28,408 people who have side effects while taking Abilify from FDA and social media. Among them, 258 have Type 1 diabetes mellitus. Find out below who they are, when they have Type 1 diabetes mellitus and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Abilify and have Type 1 diabetes mellitus >>>
Abilify (latest outcomes from 30,160 users) has active ingredients of aripiprazole. It is often used in depression.
Type 1 diabetes mellitus
Type 1 diabetes mellitus (latest reports from 26,733 patients) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, stress and anxiety, sleep disorder, schizophrenia.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 28,378 people reported to have side effects when taking Abilify. Among them, 258 people (0.91%) have Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
Time on Abilify when people have Type 1 diabetes mellitus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Type 1 diabetes mellitus||16.22%||18.92%||21.62%||16.22%||27.03%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Type 1 diabetes mellitus when taking Abilify * :
|Type 1 diabetes mellitus||54.90%||45.10% |
Age of people who have Type 1 diabetes mellitus when taking Abilify * :
|Type 1 diabetes mellitus||0.72%||0.36%||7.58%||13.36%||27.08%||40.07%||8.30%||2.53% |
Severity of Type 1 diabetes mellitus when taking Abilify ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Type 1 diabetes mellitus||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Type 1 diabetes mellitus ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Type 1 diabetes mellitus||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (143 people, 55.43%)
- Depression (125 people, 48.45%)
- Schizophrenia (76 people, 29.46%)
- Sleep disorder (63 people, 24.42%)
- Anxiety (58 people, 22.48%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (258 people, 100.00%)
- Risperdal (160 people, 62.02%)
- Zyprexa (125 people, 48.45%)
- Geodon (100 people, 38.76%)
- Depakote (78 people, 30.23%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus while taking Abilify?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Abilify and have Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus
- support group for people who take Abilify
- support group for people who have Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is the pancreatic malfunction caused by abilify irreversible or stopping the drug can restore normal levels of sugar in the blood
(Asked by a 71 year old man who has I Developed Pre-diabetic Levels Of Sugar After The Use Of Abilify, and takes Abilify)
I want to know if stopping the use of Abilify will restore the normal functioning of the Pancreas. Reducing the dosage would reduce the levels of sugar in the blood.
- Has abilify affected your ability to make good decisions?
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Tachycardia, Depression, Fibromyalgia, Anemia, Barrett's Esophagus, Temporal Arteritis, Restless Leg Syndrome, Disautonomia, Autoimmune Retinopathy, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Myasthenia Gravis, Addison's Disease, and takes Abilify)
My husband and I are 73. We had a paid off home and money in the bank until the past 3 years. We have made some terrible decisions and now we are practically penniless. We couldn't understand why we had made such bad decisions and let someone talk us into losing our money. We have also been on A ...
- Does taking aripiprazol 25mg per day affects nexplanon effectiviness?
(Asked by a 29 year old woman who has Schizophrenia, and takes Aripiprazole)
using aripiprazol for 1.5 months.9 weeks ago had a baby.
- Effects taking lamictal abilify and pristiq
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Blackouts Seizure, Bipolar Disorder, and takes Abilify, Lamictal, Pristiq)
Although I take these three drugs I am still experiencing symptoms of lethargy, lack of appetite Are these symptoms perhaps side effects of these grubs?
- Can rituxan cause bipolar disorder?
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Bipolar Disorder, and takes Depakote, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Abilify)
recently started rituxan. Now have bipolar disorder. Could there be any connection?
More questions for: Abilify, Type 1 diabetes mellitus
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bpd and insomnia with abilify and cymbalta
(Posted by a 45 year old woman who has Depression, Borderline Personality Disorder, and takes Cymbalta, Abilify)
I am currently in recovery from BPD, but still have some traits. I also suffer from depression. I suffer with insomnia also. I have noticed that if I forget to take my meds, I have a higher chance of not sleeping that night.
- Abilify causing incontinence
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Incontinence, and takes Abilify)
Abilify is making me have Little to no bladder control. Is better once I stopped taking but has not gone away 2 weeks later.
- Hiccups with abilify
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Hiccups, and takes Abilify)
Started Abilify on 11/1/2013. In the early afternoon of 11/2, I started hiccuping about every five seconds. Attempted to stop them using various methods: drinking water slowly, holding breath, plugging ears and nose while drinking water, etc. The last method was effective for about an hour before th ...
More reviews for: Abilify, Type 1 diabetes mellitus
- A study of drug interactions between Klonopin, Sertraline, Abilify for a patient with Compulsions. The patient has Obsessive-compulsive Disorder, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Compulsive Sexual Behaviour, Compulsive Shopping, Compulsive Hair Pulling
Comments: started in early September 2014
- A study of side effects of Abilify for a patient with Mood Disorder. The patient has Zoloft
Comments: Been off both medicines for a month symptoms started after off the drugs for 3 weeks
- A study of drug interactions between Abilify, Topiramate, Cymbalta, Adderall 30 for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Chronic Depression, Depression. The patient has Rash, Skin Sensitisation, Edema
Comments: Edema of ankles and lower legs, blister-like or pimple-looking rash on face and inside throat. Hyper sensitive to light touch. Insomnia, manic-like desire to stay awake.
- A study of drug interactions between Loratadine, Abilify, Clonidine for a patient with Allergies, Adhd. The patient has
Comments: I was wondering how the drugs given to my young stepdaughter work together. Because she takes these medications I do not feel comfortable giving her other types of over the counter medications such as acetamenaphine, ibuprofen, etc.
- A study of drug interactions between Effexor Xr, Abilify for a patient with Depression, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Abdominal Pain
Comments: It is an abdominal pain in the center of my abdomen above the naval. It is a dull ache and comes and goes daily.
More related studies for: Abilify, Type 1 diabetes mellitus
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Anturol and Burning Mouth Syndrome
- Bladder Spasm
- Burning Mouth Syndrome
- Cranberry and Ringing In The Ears
- Can ciliapram cause emphysemia
Answer: I too have taken citalopram, for fibromyalgia pain, and wa ... (18 hours ago)
- Can chewing tobacco effect results of velcade on myeloma
Father has been on and off Velcade for Multiple Myeloma ov ... (1 day ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: You must take sulfasalizine with food to avoid stomach iss ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (13 hours ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,t ... (16 hours ago)
- Headache after propofol
Was given Propofol while having Colonoscopy and Endoscopy. ... (21 hours ago)