Home > Abilify > Urinary incontinence > Abilify and Urinary incontinence
Review: could Abilify cause Urinary incontinence?
Summary: Urinary incontinence is found among people who take Abilify, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Concerta, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 28,408 people who have side effects while taking Abilify from FDA and social media. Among them, 166 have Urinary incontinence. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary incontinence and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Abilify and have Urinary incontinence >>>
Abilify (latest outcomes from 30,160 users) has active ingredients of aripiprazole. It is often used in depression.
Urinary incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination) (latest reports from 107,977 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 28,407 people reported to have side effects when taking Abilify. Among them, 167 people (0.59%) have Urinary Incontinence.
Time on Abilify when people have Urinary incontinence * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary incontinence||21.62%||45.95%||13.51%||8.11%||5.41%||2.70%||2.70% |
Gender of people who have Urinary incontinence when taking Abilify * :
|Urinary incontinence||59.20%||40.80% |
Age of people who have Urinary incontinence when taking Abilify * :
|Urinary incontinence||0.00%||4.70%||19.46%||10.07%||8.05%||24.83%||16.11%||16.78% |
Severity of Urinary incontinence when taking Abilify ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Urinary incontinence||11.11%||33.33%||44.44%||11.11% |
How people recovered from Urinary incontinence ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Urinary incontinence||20.00%||0.00%||80.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (34 people, 20.36%)
- Depression (17 people, 10.18%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (16 people, 9.58%)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (16 people, 9.58%)
- Abnormal behaviour (15 people, 8.98%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Concerta (29 people, 17.37%)
- Prozac (28 people, 16.77%)
- Lexapro (22 people, 13.17%)
- Aspirin (21 people, 12.57%)
- Ativan (21 people, 12.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Urinary Incontinence while taking Abilify?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Abilify and have Urinary Incontinence
- support group for people who take Abilify
- support group for people who have Urinary Incontinence
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is the pancreatic malfunction caused by abilify irreversible or stopping the drug can restore normal levels of sugar in the blood
(Asked by a 71 year old man who has I Developed Pre-diabetic Levels Of Sugar After The Use Of Abilify, and takes Abilify)
I want to know if stopping the use of Abilify will restore the normal functioning of the Pancreas. Reducing the dosage would reduce the levels of sugar in the blood.
- Has abilify affected your ability to make good decisions?
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Tachycardia, Depression, Fibromyalgia, Anemia, Barrett's Esophagus, Temporal Arteritis, Restless Leg Syndrome, Disautonomia, Autoimmune Retinopathy, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Myasthenia Gravis, Addison's Disease, and takes Abilify)
My husband and I are 73. We had a paid off home and money in the bank until the past 3 years. We have made some terrible decisions and now we are practically penniless. We couldn't understand why we had made such bad decisions and let someone talk us into losing our money. We have also been on A ...
- Does taking aripiprazol 25mg per day affects nexplanon effectiviness?
(Asked by a 29 year old woman who has Schizophrenia, and takes Aripiprazole)
using aripiprazol for 1.5 months.9 weeks ago had a baby.
- Effects taking lamictal abilify and pristiq
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Blackouts Seizure, Bipolar Disorder, and takes Abilify, Lamictal, Pristiq)
Although I take these three drugs I am still experiencing symptoms of lethargy, lack of appetite Are these symptoms perhaps side effects of these grubs?
- Can rituxan cause bipolar disorder?
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Bipolar Disorder, and takes Depakote, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Abilify)
recently started rituxan. Now have bipolar disorder. Could there be any connection?
More questions for: Abilify, Urinary incontinence
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bpd and insomnia with abilify and cymbalta
(Posted by a 45 year old woman who has Depression, Borderline Personality Disorder, and takes Cymbalta, Abilify)
I am currently in recovery from BPD, but still have some traits. I also suffer from depression. I suffer with insomnia also. I have noticed that if I forget to take my meds, I have a higher chance of not sleeping that night.
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Incontinence - Urinary, Pedophilia, Nightmares, Acute Kidney Failure, and takes Effexor)
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
- Abilify causing incontinence
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Incontinence, and takes Abilify)
Abilify is making me have Little to no bladder control. Is better once I stopped taking but has not gone away 2 weeks later.
- Hiccups with abilify
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Hiccups, and takes Abilify)
Started Abilify on 11/1/2013. In the early afternoon of 11/2, I started hiccuping about every five seconds. Attempted to stop them using various methods: drinking water slowly, holding breath, plugging ears and nose while drinking water, etc. The last method was effective for about an hour before th ...
More reviews for: Abilify, Urinary incontinence
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Xanax, Aripiprazole, Multivitamin, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D for a patient with Major Depressive Disorder, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar I Disorder, Health, Vitamin D Deficiency. The patient has Depression, Loss Of Judement, Mood Swings, Lifelessness, Numb Feeling, Strange Unusual Behavior, Odd Impules, Shoplifting, Forgetfulness, Behavior - Unusual Or Strange, Impulsive Behaviour, Accident, Brain Contusion, Emotional Poverty, Slurred Speech
Comments: I feel like my life was robbed over a year, I cannot even begin to explain, I ended up feeling like a zombie a lot. I never did a bad thing in my life, and found myself taking something from a store when I had the money. Sometimes I was too afraid to drive or leave my house. I disconnected myse ...
- A study of drug interactions between Abilify, Depakote Er for a patient with Bipolar Disorder, Bipolar I Disorder. The patient has Lack Of Feeling
Comments: My doctor had never heard of this side effect with abilify. However, it was extremely severe - even on a 60* day it would not be unusual for both of my hands to become numb to the point of paralysis. This sensation could easily last up to two hours, and it would render me unable to use my hands... ...
- A study of side effects of Abilify for a patient with Needed A Boost W/b No Longer Working As Supplement. The patient has
Comments: I have always sufered from multiple head aches a week, some all day and
beyond painful. This is aggravated by homonal changes. I am currently still
taking bio-identical hormones tri-est (2.6) and projesterone (100mg) split
in half and taken twice a day made by a compounding pharmacy. They always
- A study of drug interactions between Carisoprodol, Vicodin Es, Oxycontin, Abilify, Cymbalta for a patient with Pain Management, Depression. The patient has Sleep Walking
Comments: I do not sleep very often. I hate sleeping and resist it until my body demands it. Lately I have started finding myself waking up in another room, usually standing up. I will find myself in a corner or a portion of a room where nothing is there that I would be going for. Sometimes I don't wak ...
- A study of drug interactions between Abilify, Fanapt, Risperidone for a patient with Odd, Facial Tics. The patient has Elevated Mood, High Blood Sugar
Comments: Anyone experience an elevated Hac1 when taking any of these three medications? My daughter's Hac1 was 7.9 and her blood sugar was almost 500 when she was diagnosed with Juvenile Diabetes in November. She was first on Abilify, then switched to Fanapt, and then switched to Respidone. I took her off ...
More related studies for: Abilify, Urinary incontinence
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.