Review: could Abilify cause Urinary incontinence?
Summary: Urinary incontinence is found among people who take Abilify, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Concerta, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 28,440 people who have side effects while taking Abilify from FDA and social media. Among them, 167 have Urinary incontinence. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary incontinence and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Abilify and have Urinary incontinence >>>
Abilify has active ingredients of aripiprazole. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 30,194 Abilify users)
Urinary incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain. (latest reports from 18,523 Urinary incontinence patients)
On Mar, 1, 2015: 28,440 people reported to have side effects when taking Abilify. Among them, 168 people (0.59%) have Urinary Incontinence.
Time on Abilify when people have Urinary incontinence * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary incontinence||21.05%||44.74%||13.16%||7.89%||5.26%||5.26%||2.63% |
Gender of people who have Urinary incontinence when taking Abilify * :
|Urinary incontinence||59.43%||40.57% |
Age of people who have Urinary incontinence when taking Abilify * :
|Urinary incontinence||0.00%||4.67%||19.33%||10.00%||8.00%||25.33%||16.00%||16.67% |
Severity of Urinary incontinence when taking Abilify ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Urinary incontinence||10.00%||30.00%||50.00%||10.00% |
How people recovered from Urinary incontinence ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Urinary incontinence||16.67%||0.00%||83.33% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (34 people, 20.24%)
- Depression (18 people, 10.71%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (16 people, 9.52%)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (16 people, 9.52%)
- Abnormal behaviour (15 people, 8.93%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Concerta (29 people, 17.26%)
- Prozac (28 people, 16.67%)
- Lexapro (22 people, 13.10%)
- Aspirin (21 people, 12.50%)
- Ativan (21 people, 12.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of abilify and urinary incontinence on
Do you have Urinary Incontinence while taking Abilify?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Abilify and have Urinary Incontinence
- support group for people who take Abilify
- support group for people who have Urinary Incontinence
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Losartan Potassium, Simvastatin, Baclofen for a 51-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Fear Of Eating, Uncontrollable Urination, Sudden Onset Of Sleep
- A study of side effects of Bactrim Ds for a 31-year old woman with Infection. The patient has Incontinence - Urinary (involuntary leakage of urine)
- A study of drug interactions between Junel 1.5/30, Ferrous Fumarate, Abilify for a 20-year old woman with Birth Control, Iron Deficiency, Depression. The patient has High Blood Cholesterol, Iron Deficiency, Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Lamictal, Abilify for a 56-year old woman with Anxiety, Depression, Bipolar. The patient has Belching, Swallowing Difficulty, Heartburn
- A study of side effects of Abilify for a 31-year old woman with Psychosis. The patient has Hair Loss
Recent Abilify related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Abilify, Effexor, Lorazepam for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Saphris, Trileptal, Abilify for a 41-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Trileptal, Abilify, Latuda for a 41-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Lamictal, Abilify, Latuda for a 41-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Klonopin, Trileptal, Cymbalta, Abilify for a 40-year old woman who has Bipolar 1
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.