Review: could Abilify cause Urinary incontinence?
Summary: Urinary incontinence is found among people who take Abilify, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Concerta, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 28,444 people who have side effects while taking Abilify from FDA and social media. Among them, 167 have Urinary incontinence. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary incontinence and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Abilify and have Urinary incontinence >>>
Abilify has active ingredients of aripiprazole. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 30,207 Abilify users)
Urinary incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain. (latest reports from 18,530 Urinary incontinence patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 28,444 people reported to have side effects when taking Abilify. Among them, 168 people (0.59%) have Urinary Incontinence.
Time on Abilify when people have Urinary incontinence * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary incontinence||21.05%||44.74%||13.16%||7.89%||5.26%||5.26%||2.63% |
Gender of people who have Urinary incontinence when taking Abilify * :
|Urinary incontinence||59.43%||40.57% |
Age of people who have Urinary incontinence when taking Abilify * :
|Urinary incontinence||0.00%||4.67%||19.33%||10.00%||8.00%||25.33%||16.00%||16.67% |
Severity of Urinary incontinence when taking Abilify ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Urinary incontinence||10.00%||30.00%||50.00%||10.00% |
How people recovered from Urinary incontinence ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Urinary incontinence||16.67%||0.00%||83.33% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (34 people, 20.24%)
- Depression (18 people, 10.71%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (16 people, 9.52%)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (16 people, 9.52%)
- Abnormal behaviour (15 people, 8.93%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Concerta (29 people, 17.26%)
- Prozac (28 people, 16.67%)
- Lexapro (22 people, 13.10%)
- Aspirin (21 people, 12.50%)
- Ativan (21 people, 12.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of abilify and urinary incontinence on
Do you have Urinary Incontinence while taking Abilify?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Abilify and have Urinary Incontinence
- support group for people who take Abilify
- support group for people who have Urinary Incontinence
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Neurontin, Abilify, Lexapro, Lamictal, Humira for a 56-year old man with Acid Reflux, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Psoriasis.
- A study of drug interactions between Klonopin, Abilify, Viibryd for a 33-year old woman with Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Psychosis, Major Depressive Disorder. The patient has Sensory Hallucinations
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Remeron, Lexapro, Klonopin, Fluoxetine, Effexor Xr, Topamax, Risperdal, Restoril, Depakote, Adderall, Abilify, Zoloft, Xanax, Zyprexa, Geodon for a 44-year old woman with Depression, Migraine With Aura, Dpression, Sleep Disorder, Add, Depression - Chronic, Anxiety Disorder.
- A study of drug interactions between Denatured Collagen, Vitamin B12, Folic Acid, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Prempro, Mobic, Cogentin, Lialda, Cymbalta, Abilify for a 63-year old woman with Brittle Nails, Major Depression, Sleep Disorder, Menopause Hot Flashes, Arthritis, Tremor, Ulcerative Colitis, Chronic Depression. The patient has Weight Gain, Fatigue, Tremor, Neck Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Aricept, Lamictal, Desipramine Hydrochloride, Klonopin, Abilify, Lopressor for a 55-year old man with Alzheimers, Anticonvulsant Drug Level Below Therapeutic, Chronic Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Ii Disorder, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Dizziness (excl Vertigo)
Recent Abilify related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Januvia, Glimepiride, Glucophage, Depakote, Abilify for a 45-year old woman who has Mental Disability
- Comparions of Abilify, Wellbutrin Xl, Prozac for a 33-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Abilify, Tenex, Focalin Xr for a 10-year old boy who has ADHD
- Comparions of Abilify, Geodon for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Saphris, Trileptal, Abilify for a 41-year old woman who has Bipolar
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.