Review: could Abilify cause Weight loss?
Summary: Weight loss is found among people who take Abilify, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Seroquel, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 28,444 people who have side effects while taking Abilify from FDA and social media. Among them, 629 have Weight loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Abilify and have Weight loss >>>
Abilify has active ingredients of aripiprazole. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 30,199 Abilify users)
Weight loss has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 20,305 Weight loss patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 28,440 people reported to have side effects when taking Abilify. Among them, 629 people (2.21%) have Weight Loss.
Time on Abilify when people have Weight loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight loss||6.84%||34.19%||5.98%||26.50%||19.66%||2.56%||4.27% |
Gender of people who have Weight loss when taking Abilify * :
|Weight loss||68.85%||31.15% |
Age of people who have Weight loss when taking Abilify * :
|Weight loss||0.15%||0.61%||1.97%||10.91%||30.45%||40.30%||14.55%||1.06% |
Severity of Weight loss when taking Abilify ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight loss||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Weight loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (300 people, 47.69%)
- Depression (292 people, 46.42%)
- Schizophrenia (174 people, 27.66%)
- Anxiety (113 people, 17.97%)
- Sleep disorder (103 people, 16.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (578 people, 91.89%)
- Risperdal (330 people, 52.46%)
- Zyprexa (297 people, 47.22%)
- Geodon (270 people, 42.93%)
- Haldol (179 people, 28.46%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of abilify and weight loss on
Do you have Weight Loss while taking Abilify?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Abilify and have Weight Loss
- support group for people who take Abilify
- support group for people who have Weight Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Klonopin, Abilify, Viibryd for a 33-year old woman with Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Psychosis, Major Depressive Disorder. The patient has Sensory Hallucinations
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Remeron, Lexapro, Klonopin, Fluoxetine, Effexor Xr, Topamax, Risperdal, Restoril, Depakote, Adderall, Abilify, Zoloft, Xanax, Zyprexa, Geodon for a 44-year old woman with Depression, Migraine With Aura, Dpression, Sleep Disorder, Add, Depression - Chronic, Anxiety Disorder.
- A study of drug interactions between Denatured Collagen, Vitamin B12, Folic Acid, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Prempro, Mobic, Cogentin, Lialda, Cymbalta, Abilify for a 63-year old woman with Brittle Nails, Major Depression, Sleep Disorder, Menopause Hot Flashes, Arthritis, Tremor, Ulcerative Colitis, Chronic Depression. The patient has Weight Gain, Fatigue, Tremor, Neck Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Aricept, Lamictal, Desipramine Hydrochloride, Klonopin, Abilify, Lopressor for a 55-year old man with Alzheimers, Anticonvulsant Drug Level Below Therapeutic, Chronic Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Ii Disorder, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Dizziness (excl Vertigo)
- A study of side effects of Vyvanse for a 9-year old girl with ADHD. The patient has Weight Loss
Recent Abilify related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Januvia, Glimepiride, Glucophage, Depakote, Abilify for a 45-year old woman who has Mental Disability
- Comparions of Abilify, Wellbutrin Xl, Prozac for a 33-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Abilify, Tenex, Focalin Xr for a 10-year old boy who has ADHD
- Comparions of Abilify, Geodon for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Saphris, Trileptal, Abilify for a 41-year old woman who has Bipolar
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.