Abilify and Weight loss - from FDA reports
Weight loss is found among people who take Abilify, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Seroquel, and have Schizophrenia. This review analyzes which people have Weight loss with Abilify. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 54,344 people who have side effects when taking Abilify from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 19, 2017
54,344 people reported to have side effects when taking Abilify.
Among them, 810 people (1.49%) have Weight loss
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Abilify when people have Weight loss *:
- < 1 month: 6.71 %
- 1 - 6 months: 32.93 %
- 6 - 12 months: 6.71 %
- 1 - 2 years: 24.39 %
- 2 - 5 years: 20.73 %
- 5 - 10 years: 6.1 %
- 10+ years: 2.44 %
Gender of people who have Weight loss when taking Abilify *:
- female: 57.82 %
- male: 42.18 %
Age of people who have Weight loss when taking Abilify *:
- 0-1: 0.15 %
- 2-9: 2.92 %
- 10-19: 5.12 %
- 20-29: 12.72 %
- 30-39: 26.61 %
- 40-49: 36.55 %
- 50-59: 14.33 %
- 60+: 1.61 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Schizophrenia (186 people, 22.96%)
- Stress And Anxiety (108 people, 13.33%)
- Sleep Disorder (94 people, 11.60%)
- Insomnia (68 people, 8.40%)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (58 people, 7.16%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Seroquel (557 people, 68.77%)
- Risperdal (411 people, 50.74%)
- Zyprexa (284 people, 35.06%)
- Geodon (254 people, 31.36%)
- Haldol (168 people, 20.74%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Type 2 Diabetes (404 people, 49.88%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (310 people, 38.27%)
- Diabetes (226 people, 27.90%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (164 people, 20.25%)
- Weight Increased (159 people, 19.63%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Weight loss when taking Abilify?
- Check symptoms - is weight loss caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsWeight loss and drugs with ingredients of aripiprazole.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeWeight loss and Abilify from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Abilify has active ingredients of aripiprazole. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Abilify 57,730 users)
Weight loss has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure (latest reports from 30,777 Weight loss patients).
Browse all side effects of Abilifya b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Weight lossWeight loss
Could your condition cause Weight lossWeight loss
What would happen?
Questions to the study
My doctors recently lowered my Carbamazepine because increased toxicity levels. Then my Psychiatrist added Abilify recently. All the sudden I'm weak and had side pain. I went to my general doctor and she wanted me rushed to the hospital because of low sodium levels in my body and this just ...
i forgot to add to my post that I believe my weight loss of 20 lbs over the last 5 years is from the temazepam. Any suggestions or comments, I am very thin, and cannot gain weight, especially the weight i lost.
User reviews to the study
I first took Abilify in August of 2014. I stopped after taking it for several weeks as it didn't take away the musical hallucination that I am experiencing. I restarted taking it again on December 24, 2016. My heart rate is 112 pulse per minute now. I am very concerned. The psychiatrist who ...
hi I have been on Temazepan for the last 5 years, 25 milligrams. I am thinking of going off it. I have tried twice without success. Any suggestons, or better substitutes. I am an active 82 year old female
I have been on temazepan for about 5 years, without any side effects. However, just lately, I discovered that weight loss is a side effect. I have lost about 20 lbs in the last 5 years, and took every test to find out why. I now believe it is from the temazepan, and i dont want to go off