Review: could Abreva cause Shingles (Herpes zoster)?
Summary: Shingles is reported only by a few people who take Abreva.
We study 7,423 people who have side effects while taking Abreva from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Shingles and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Abreva and have Shingles >>>
Abreva has active ingredients of docosanol. It is often used in herpes labialis (oral herpes simplex). (latest outcomes from 7,426 Abreva users)
Shingles (a painful, contagious rash caused by the chickenpox virus) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, multiple myeloma, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 22,710 Shingles patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 7,423 people reported to have side effects when taking Abreva. Among them, 1 people (0.01%) has Shingles.
Time on Abreva when people have Shingles * :
Gender of people who have Shingles when taking Abreva * :
Age of people who have Shingles when taking Abreva * :
Severity of Shingles when taking Abreva ** :
How people recovered from Shingles ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Herpes zoster (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Denavir (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of abreva and shingles on
Do you have Shingles while taking Abreva?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Abreva and have Shingles
- support group for people who take Abreva
- support group for people who have Shingles
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 30, Norco, Dilaudid, Oxycontin for a 38-year old woman with ADHD, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Hydronephrosis, Kidney Palpable, Kidney Stones, Medullary Cystic Kidney Disease, Wound Healing Normal, Herpes Virus Infection, Herpes Zoster, Eczema, Hip Pain, X-ray - Pelvis, Back Pain, Adhd, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Muscle Pain, Brain Mass, Fatigue - Chronic, Seizure - Generalized, Connective Tissue Inflammation, Joint Stiffness, Joint Inflammation, Joint Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Percocet for a 41-year old woman with Lupus. The patient has Shingles
- A study of drug interactions between Echinacea, Gabapentin for a 58-year old woman with Shingles. The patient has Shingles
- A study of side effects of Fluorouracil for a 29-year old woman with Basal Cell Carcinoma. The patient has Shingles
- A study of drug interactions between Metronidazole, Ciprofloxacin for a 54-year old woman with Diverticulitis. The patient has Shingles
Recent Abreva related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.