Acarbose and Hyperlipidaemia - from FDA reports
Hyperlipidaemia is found among people who take Acarbose, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Digoxin, and have Cardiac disorder. This review analyzes which people have Hyperlipidaemia with Acarbose. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,262 people who have side effects when taking Acarbose from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 14, 2017
2,262 people reported to have side effects when taking Acarbose.
Among them, 18 people (0.8%) have Hyperlipidaemia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Acarbose when people have Hyperlipidaemia *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hyperlipidaemia when taking Acarbose *:
- female: 11.11 %
- male: 88.89 %
Age of people who have Hyperlipidaemia when taking Acarbose *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 11.76 %
- 50-59: 76.47 %
- 60+: 11.76 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Cardiac Disorder (9 people, 50.00%)
- High Blood Pressure (3 people, 16.67%)
- Seizures (2 people, 11.11%)
- Pain (2 people, 11.11%)
- Dizziness (2 people, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Plavix (13 people, 72.22%)
- Lipitor (13 people, 72.22%)
- Digoxin (13 people, 72.22%)
- Coreg (12 people, 66.67%)
- Cipro (12 people, 66.67%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (13 people, 72.22%)
- Stress And Anxiety (12 people, 66.67%)
- Cardiomyopathy (11 people, 61.11%)
- Cardiac Failure Congestive (10 people, 55.56%)
- Coronary Heart Disease (9 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Hyperlipidaemia when taking Acarbose?
- Check symptoms - is hyperlipidaemia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHyperlipidaemia and drugs with ingredients of acarbose.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHyperlipidaemia and Acarbose from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Acarbose has active ingredients of acarbose. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Acarbose 2,298 users)
Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, depression, high blood pressure, diabetes (latest reports from 47,523 Hyperlipidaemia patients).
Browse all side effects of Acarbosea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with HyperlipidaemiaHyperlipidaemia
Could your condition cause HyperlipidaemiaHyperlipidaemia
What would happen?
User reviews to the study
I'm trying to figure out what could be wrong with me. The only drug I take everyday is acarbose. Its been about a year and my knee pain especially is unbearable. I've just stopped taking acarbose to see if the pain gets better
Hi my name is Melissa and I've been taking 25mg of Acarbose 3 times a day before each main meal. I have Hypoglycemia from a gastric bypass. I started it a little over a month ago. I've recently noticed I look 8 months pregnant with bloating and I've also been having some discomfort on the right ...