Home > Accutane > Diabetes > Accutane and Diabetes
Review: could Accutane cause Diabetes?
We study 27,789 people who have side effects while taking Accutane from FDA and social media. Among them, 54 have Diabetes. Find out below who they are, when they have Diabetes and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Accutane and have Diabetes >>>
Accutane (latest outcomes from 28,341 users) has active ingredients of isotretinoin. It is often used in acne.
Diabetes (latest reports from 383,836 patients) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, high blood pressure, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 27,789 people reported to have side effects when taking Accutane. Among them, 54 people (0.19%) have Diabetes.
Time on Accutane when people have Diabetes * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Diabetes when taking Accutane * :
Age of people who have Diabetes when taking Accutane * :
Severity of Diabetes when taking Accutane ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Diabetes ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Autoimmune hepatitis (37 people, 68.52%)
- Acne (25 people, 46.30%)
- Acne cystic (2 people, 3.70%)
- Headache (1 people, 1.85%)
- Rhinitis (1 people, 1.85%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Asacol (43 people, 79.63%)
- Ortho tri-cyclen (43 people, 79.63%)
- Tegretol (42 people, 77.78%)
- Demerol (42 people, 77.78%)
- Imuran (42 people, 77.78%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diabetes while taking Accutane?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Accutane and have Diabetes
- support group for people who take Accutane
- support group for people who have Diabetes
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Accutane, Diabetes
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Prednisone induced cushing's syndrome
Prescribed Prednisone 20mg twice daily. Took for six weeks and developed weaken muscles and swollen face. Was hospitalized and informed I had severe Cushing's Syndrome. Host of problems included glucose over 400, inflammed pancreas, triglycerides over 4,000 and vision problems. Muscles were wast ...
- Muscle weakness while on accutane
I began taking Accutane end of 2013 and I'm just now finishing up my medication.
During the first month I noticed my hands swelling up, but I also noticed my knuckles lightened.
Where I considered my elbows to be ashy, the color lightened up and the skin became smooth. My body retained water and ...
- Blighted ovum after accutane
I took Accutane in my late 20's for almost 6 month's. I already had 3 healthy children with uncomplicated pregnancies. Never a miscarriage or any gynecological issues. Now at 36, I have had 2 blighted ovum's back to back. Not sure if Accutane could have been a contributing factor but something yo ...
More reviews for: Accutane, Diabetes
On eHealthMe, Accutane (isotretinoin) is often used for acne. Find out below the conditions Accutane is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Accutane used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Accutane, Diabetes
Recent Accutane related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Accutane, Diabetes
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Vyvanse, Celexa for a 12-year old girl who has Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Depression (13 minutes ago)
- Tylenol, Benadryl, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft for a 24-year old man who has Pain, Itching, Ulcerative Colitis, Insomnia, Depression (49 minutes ago)
- Nexium, Singulair, Flovent Hfa, Ambien, Seroquel, Prozac for a 33-year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Asthma, Sleep Disorder, Depression (54 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Mucinex and Double Vision
- Chest Pain
- Excessive Masturbation
- Fastin for Weight Loss
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (50 minutes ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (2 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (3 hours ago)
- Infective Exacerbation Of Chronic Obstructive Airways Disease
- L Glutathione