Home > Accutane > Joint pain > Accutane and Joint pain
Review: could Accutane cause Joint pain?
We study 27,789 people who have side effects while taking Accutane from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,343 have Joint pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Joint pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Accutane and have Joint pain >>>
Accutane (latest outcomes from 28,341 users) has active ingredients of isotretinoin. It is often used in acne.
Joint pain (latest reports from 800,907 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 27,789 people reported to have side effects when taking Accutane. Among them, 2,343 people (8.43%) have Joint Pain.
Time on Accutane when people have Joint pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Joint pain||16.67%||63.61%||12.01%||4.54%||1.79%||1.17%||0.22% |
Gender of people who have Joint pain when taking Accutane * :
|Joint pain||46.70%||53.30% |
Age of people who have Joint pain when taking Accutane * :
|Joint pain||0.07%||0.00%||52.81%||33.35%||10.52%||2.65%||0.49%||0.11% |
Severity of Joint pain when taking Accutane ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Joint pain||0.00%||62.50%||37.50%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Joint pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Joint pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Acne (2,178 people, 92.96%)
- Depression (292 people, 12.46%)
- Colitis (259 people, 11.05%)
- Sinusitis (188 people, 8.02%)
- Pain (182 people, 7.77%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ortho tri-cyclen (376 people, 16.05%)
- Levaquin (376 people, 16.05%)
- Keflex (320 people, 13.66%)
- Zithromax (319 people, 13.62%)
- Retin-a (288 people, 12.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Joint Pain while taking Accutane?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Accutane and have Joint Pain
- support group for people who take Accutane
- support group for people who have Joint Pain
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Does neurontin cause arthritis. after taking it for 3 months, i started ints.
After having sciatic pain for almost a year, a doctor prescribed Neurontin. I took it for 3 months until I started getting severe joint pain. I weened myself off of it a month ago and am still having severe joint pain. There has not been any other changes in my life except Neurontin. Does this go ...
- Interactions between quineprox (hydroxychloroquine) &zyvox (linezolid)
I had foot soft tissue infection and hospitalized for two days and given IV for Cipro. Then I was released from the hospital and given Zyvox 600MG twice a day for ten days. Meanwhile, I am taking 2000 MG cellcept and 400MG Hydroxychloriquine for more than 10 years to control my lupus. Around the si ...
- Doe taking apple cidar vinegar trigger g6pd
We're looking for natural ways to cure the symptoms, and affects of having g6pd. any facts would be helpful. We need to know if these natural remedies will trigger the disease, or improve the condition
More questions for: Accutane, Joint pain
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Cymbalta caused joint pain
I had taken Cymbalta for about 1.5 years and after taking it for a few months, I started having widespread joint pain. The joint pain has gotten worse and is becoming debilitating. Joint pain in the literature as a side affect of the drug but the joint pain seems to be permanent! I have not taken Cy ...
- Xylitol caused joint pain
For over a year I was chewing nicotine gum with xylitol. During that period I developed worsening joint pain to the stage where I was diagnosed with Fybromyalgia (there was no other explanation for the pain). The chemist changed the brand of 2mg gum and I instantly felt better chewing it. After a w ...
- Xylitol caused joint pain
For over a year I was chewing nicotine gum with xylitol. During that period I developed worsening joint pain to the stage where I was diagnosed with fybromyalgia (there was no other explanation for the pain). The chemist changed the brand of 2mg gum and I instantly felt better chewing it. After a ...
More reviews for: Accutane, Joint pain
On eHealthMe, Accutane (isotretinoin) is often used for acne. Find out below the conditions Accutane is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Accutane used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
More related studies for: Accutane, Joint pain
Recent Accutane related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Accutane, Joint pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Zantac, Miralax for a 1-year old girl who has Reflux - Infants, Constipation (1 hour ago)
- Myrbetriq, Estrace, Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole for a 67-year old woman who has Oab, Thinning Vaginal Walls, Hypothroidism, Barrett's Esophagus (2 hours ago)
- Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Prazosin Hydrochloride for a 46-year old woman who has Depression, PTSD (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Thorazine and Drug Screen False Positive
- Suicide Attempt
- Spironolactone and Junel Fe 1/20
- Bell'S Palsy and Zoloft
- Multiple Sclerosis and Alopecia Universalis
Recent user comments
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Wondering if possible i could have candida. i have ce ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a ... " (5 hours ago)
- Indocin Sr
- Lung Cancer Non Small Cell
- Anhydrous Benedict's Reagent Poisoning
- Heart Rate Increased