Home > Accutane > Menstruation irregular > Accutane and Menstruation irregular
Review: could Accutane cause Menstruation irregular?
Summary: Menstruation irregular is found among people who take Accutane, especially for people who are female, 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Desogen, and have Acne.
We study 27,792 people who have side effects while taking Accutane from FDA and social media. Among them, 160 have Menstruation irregular. Find out below who they are, when they have Menstruation irregular and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Accutane and have Menstruation irregular >>>
Accutane (latest outcomes from 28,346 users) has active ingredients of isotretinoin. It is often used in acne.
Menstruation irregular (latest reports from 14,588 patients) has been reported by people with post coital contraception, birth control, depression, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety.
On Nov, 26, 2014: 27,792 people reported to have side effects when taking Accutane. Among them, 160 people (0.58%) have Menstruation Irregular.
Time on Accutane when people have Menstruation irregular * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Menstruation irregular||2.80%||56.64%||38.46%||0.70%||0.00%||1.40%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Menstruation irregular when taking Accutane * :
|Menstruation irregular||99.57%||0.43% |
Age of people who have Menstruation irregular when taking Accutane * :
|Menstruation irregular||0.00%||0.00%||62.56%||21.00%||10.50%||5.94%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Menstruation irregular when taking Accutane ** :
How people recovered from Menstruation irregular ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Acne (38 people, 23.75%)
- Autoimmune hepatitis (10 people, 6.25%)
- Lichen sclerosus (6 people, 3.75%)
- Acne cystic (4 people, 2.50%)
- Hypothyroidism (4 people, 2.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Desogen (60 people, 37.50%)
- Aleve (41 people, 25.62%)
- Advil (36 people, 22.50%)
- Ortho tri-cyclen (25 people, 15.62%)
- Advil liqui-gels (24 people, 15.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Menstruation Irregular while taking Accutane?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Accutane and have Menstruation Irregular
- support group for people who take Accutane
- support group for people who have Menstruation Irregular
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I am about to embark on starting roaccutane treatment but worried about the interaction of taking aciclovir with it.
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has 6th Grade Late Acne & Herpes Simplex & Fibromyalgia, and takes Raspberry Ketone, Acyclovir, Accutane)
I am worried about the interaction of the two drugs any advice or shares symptoms MUCH appreciated. Which were the main side effects that have been of particular concern?... There are loads, I know... But if there is a positive end result, I may be able to hand in there through the tough side effect ...
- Can isotrenoin cause sebaceous cyst?
(Asked by a 24 year old woman who has I Got Sebaceous Cyst On Ma Back After Taking Isotrenoin For A Year And A Half, and takes Accutane)
I used isotrenoin 10 mg and tufacne 2mg one aftr the other for almost a period of two and half years...my acne problem was solved but I ws left wid a painful sebaceous cyst...initially it was a painless boil...then I suddenly realised that it is growing in size....finally i had to get it operated.
- Can maxalt delay period?
(Asked by a 21 year old woman who has Menstruation Delayed, Menstruation Irregular, and takes Maxalt)
I just started taking Maxalt for migraine. It's in the Triptan family. I took it once about two weeks ago for a bad migraine and now my period is late. Just wondering if it affects menstrual cycle? Has anyone had this happen to them with irregular or late periods?
- Has anyone had hair loss due to accutane that was taken 10 or so years ago?
(Asked by a 43 year old woman who has Hair Loss, and takes Accutane)
Started extreme shedding in 2001 when I took Accutane
Gradual increase in hair thinning
Now hair is 1/4 of original; could Accutane continue to cause hair loss after 10 years
- Can blood glucose levels return to normal after discontinuation of accutance?
(Asked by a 42 year old man who has Elevated Blood Sugar Level, and takes Accutane)
Glucose blood levels rose dramatically with the usage of Accutane. From normal before taking to high. I would like to know if these numbers can be expected to go down to normal after ceasing the Accutane.
More questions for: Accutane, Menstruation irregular
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Muscle weakness while on accutane
(Posted by a 30 year old woman who has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Skin Hyperpigmentation, Lips - Chapped And Dry, Muscle Fatigue - Muscle Weakness - Strength In Legs And Arms Weaker)
I began taking Accutane end of 2013 and I'm just now finishing up my medication.
During the first month I noticed my hands swelling up, but I also noticed my knuckles lightened.
Where I considered my elbows to be ashy, the color lightened up and the skin became smooth. My body retained water and ...
- Blighted ovum after accutane
(Posted by a 37 year old woman who has Blighted Ovum, and takes Accutane)
I took Accutane in my late 20's for almost 6 month's. I already had 3 healthy children with uncomplicated pregnancies. Never a miscarriage or any gynecological issues. Now at 36, I have had 2 blighted ovum's back to back. Not sure if Accutane could have been a contributing factor but something yo ...
- Accutane induced chronic constipation
(Posted by a 19 year old girl who has Chronic Constipation, and takes Accutane)
Took accutane for 5 months in 2010. Have severe constipation since then. Nothing works except massive dose of mag citrate at least once per week. Anyone have same experience & found a treatment that works?
- Effexor xr 150 mg and phentermine 37.5 mg
(Posted by a 22 year old woman who has Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Weight Control, Menstruation Irregular, Hirsutism, Seasonal Allergy, Seasonal Affective Disorder, and takes Effexor Xr, Phentermine, Spironolactone, Loestrin 24 Fe, Zyrtec)
phentermine has caused significant weight loss. Effexor XR manages my GAD and depression but causes random physiological anxiety attacks, drastic increase in sweating, vivid and nightly nightmares
- Accutane made me impotent
(Posted by a 61 year old man who has Impotence, and takes Accutane)
I am a 61 year old male who was prescribed Accutane at the age of 58 by my ophthalmologist to speed in the healing of my retina from a retinal detachment. It did me absolutely no good whatsoever in that regard and actually caused me to have permanent impotence. My problem started at the exact same ...
More reviews for: Accutane, Menstruation irregular
- A study of side effects of Loestrin Fe 1/20 for a patient with Birth Control. The patient has Menstruation Irregular
Comments: I have had a miscarriage in April and my DR put me on this to help my period to be regular again but instead my period have been irregular. I have stated taking them in the end of may and now it is the end of July.
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Sumatriptan, Metoprolol Succinate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Tramadol for a patient with Nerve Pain, Migraine, Tachycardia, Insomnia, Spinal Stenosis. The patient has Frequent Bowel Movements, Depression, Menstruation Irregular, Tremor, Fatigue, Stomach Pain, Lightheadedness, Muscle Weakness, Shortness Of Breath, Tachycardia, Increased Tendency To Bruise, Slurred Speech, Short-term Memory Loss, Seizures, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Hair Loss, Pain In Upper Left Rib That Goes Around To Back, Shoulder Blade, Neck Pain, Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Migraine
Comments: My most severe symptoms would be the shortness of breath, muscle weakness and this chronic pain under my left rib that goes around to my back and up to my shoulder blade. Occasionally that pain will go to my left chest, clavicle and jaw. But all of my pain is on the left side. I have degenerative di ...
- A study of side effects of Accutane for a patient with Acne. The patient has Type 1 Diabetes
Comments: I am lebanese and i am 17 years old.I started curacne in mid octobre(2013) and got diagnosed with diabetes type 1 in decembre( and i am now living with it. I believe curacne caused it. Did it cause it and is there a way to reverse it or i am stuck with it for all my life?
- A study of drug interactions between Alprazolam, Loryna, Xalatan, Azopt for a patient with Stress And Anxiety, Periods - Painful, Glaucoma. The patient has Menstruation - Painful, Menstruation Irregular, Pms, Emotional Distress, Migraine With Aura, Acute Bladder Infection, Allergies, Sexual Intercourse - Painful, Lumpy Breasts, Fatigue - Chronic, Abortion Induced Incomplete, Painful Defaecation, Abdominal Bloating, Abdominal Cramps, Leg Cramping, Diarrhea, Constipation, Nausea, Eczema, Back Pain - Low
Comments: perfect storm? all symptoms started after abortion, been on glaucoma medication for 15 years, cousin on the same meds was diagnosed with a rare form of endometriosis. All my symptoms say endometriosis is possible cause. I just want to know what is wrong with me.
- A study of side effects of Seroquel for a patient with Anxiety. The patient has Menstruation Irregular
Comments: I did not take the drug since 30 day but my period not stopped .lhave aheavyperiod since 30 dayu
I take seroquel one year .after 5months l get a munstrual lrregularity pleas can i cure normaly or i must see a a genocologist thanks
More related studies for: Accutane, Menstruation irregular
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.