Review: could Accutane cause Menstruation irregular?
Summary: Menstruation irregular is found among people who take Accutane, especially for people who are female, 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Desogen, and have Acne.
We study 27,799 people who have side effects while taking Accutane from FDA and social media. Among them, 160 have Menstruation irregular. Find out below who they are, when they have Menstruation irregular and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Accutane and have Menstruation irregular >>>
Accutane has active ingredients of isotretinoin. It is often used in acne. (latest outcomes from Accutane 28,348 users)
Menstruation irregular has been reported by people with post coital contraception, birth control, depression, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Menstruation irregular 14,588 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 27,792 people reported to have side effects when taking Accutane. Among them, 160 people (0.58%) have Menstruation Irregular.
Time on Accutane when people have Menstruation irregular * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Menstruation irregular||2.80%||56.64%||38.46%||0.70%||0.00%||1.40%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Menstruation irregular when taking Accutane * :
|Menstruation irregular||99.57%||0.43% |
Age of people who have Menstruation irregular when taking Accutane * :
|Menstruation irregular||0.00%||0.00%||62.56%||21.00%||10.50%||5.94%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Menstruation irregular when taking Accutane ** :
How people recovered from Menstruation irregular ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Acne (38 people, 23.75%)
- Autoimmune hepatitis (10 people, 6.25%)
- Lichen sclerosus (6 people, 3.75%)
- Acne cystic (4 people, 2.50%)
- Hypothyroidism (4 people, 2.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Desogen (60 people, 37.50%)
- Aleve (41 people, 25.62%)
- Advil (36 people, 22.50%)
- Ortho tri-cyclen (25 people, 15.62%)
- Advil liqui-gels (24 people, 15.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Menstruation Irregular while taking Accutane?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Accutane and have Menstruation Irregular
- support group for people who take Accutane
- support group for people who have Menstruation Irregular
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Accutane, Menstruation irregular
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Muscle weakness while on accutane
I began taking Accutane end of 2013 and I'm just now finishing up my medication.
During the first month I noticed my hands swelling up, but I also noticed my knuckles lightened.
Where I considered my elbows to be ashy, the color lightened up and the skin became smooth. My body retained water and my skin looked like it had a glow.
My 2nd month it continued, the swelling only became prevalent during my 7 day period.
My nails, hair, and turnover of my skin increased by month 3+4
By month 5 my old hyper pigmentation had surfaced and my cystic acne, dissolved.
I was on depression medication, this is advised against, but I discussed with doctor to do a patient override. I had no issues with depression, or the medication making me feel anymore depressed at all. In fact, I continued on with absolutely no issues. I did notice one negative factor. This was more specific for me. I returned to do dancing again after being away from it in College years ago. My muscle density is already far less, but I pushed through and was able to gain strength. However, during the last few months (3-6) the Accutane did affect me strength.my muscles were fatigued far earlier than before and my strength/core balance felt less sustainable for long periods.
I have been given a hydroquinoin (sp?) cream @ 4% to help with the melasma/hyper pigmentation, however I may need laser to have my skin tone and complexion return to a more suitable color.
Overall, I'm happy with my cystic acne being gone. It was worth taking Tis and worked for that purpose.
- Blighted ovum after accutane
I took Accutane in my late 20's for almost 6 month's. I already had 3 healthy children with uncomplicated pregnancies. Never a miscarriage or any gynecological issues. Now at 36, I have had 2 blighted ovum's back to back. Not sure if Accutane could have been a contributing factor but something young women should consider before taking this medication.
- Accutane induced chronic constipation (1 response)
Took accutane for 5 months in 2010. Have severe constipation since then. Nothing works except massive dose of mag citrate at least once per week. Anyone have same experience & found a treatment that works?
- Effexor xr 150 mg and phentermine 37.5 mg
phentermine has caused significant weight loss. Effexor XR manages my GAD and depression but causes random physiological anxiety attacks, drastic increase in sweating, vivid and nightly nightmares
- Accutane made me impotent (1 response)
I am a 61 year old male who was prescribed Accutane at the age of 58 by my ophthalmologist to speed in the healing of my retina from a retinal detachment. It did me absolutely no good whatsoever in that regard and actually caused me to have permanent impotence. My problem started at the exact same time that I started the Accutane. This is a nightmarish drug. Do not give it to your children for acne or any other reason. It will ruin their lives. There is no known cure.
More reviews for: Accutane, Menstruation irregular
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I've been taking Abilify for about 2 years but I've been messing up on it I keep starting and stopping the medication which I know I shouldn't do that. And I just started my period 2 weeks late no cramping just a little ache in my back. But I'm having a lot of clots and just bleeding when I go pee ...
- I have had a miscarriage in April and my DR put me on this to help my period to be regular again but instead my period have been irregular. I have stated taking them in the end of may and now it is the end of July.
- My most severe symptoms would be the shortness of breath, muscle weakness and this chronic pain under my left rib that goes around to my back and up to my shoulder blade. Occasionally that pain will go to my left chest, clavicle and jaw. But all of my pain is on the left side. I have degenerative di ...
- I am lebanese and i am 17 years old.I started curacne in mid octobre(2013) and got diagnosed with diabetes type 1 in decembre( and i am now living with it. I believe curacne caused it. Did it cause it and is there a way to reverse it or i am stuck with it for all my life?
- perfect storm? all symptoms started after abortion, been on glaucoma medication for 15 years, cousin on the same meds was diagnosed with a rare form of endometriosis. All my symptoms say endometriosis is possible cause. I just want to know what is wrong with me.
More related studies for: Accutane, Menstruation irregular
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.