Review: could Accutane cause Shortness of breath (Breathing difficulty)?
Summary: Shortness of breath is found among people who take Accutane, especially for people who are male, 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Ortho tri-cyclen, and have Acne.
We study 27,819 people who have side effects while taking Accutane from FDA and social media. Among them, 387 have Shortness of breath. Find out below who they are, when they have Shortness of breath and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Accutane and have Shortness of breath >>>
Accutane has active ingredients of isotretinoin. It is often used in acne. (latest outcomes from 28,370 Accutane users)
Shortness of breath
Shortness of breath has been reported by people with high blood pressure, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. (latest reports from 165,511 Shortness of breath patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 27,815 people reported to have side effects when taking Accutane. Among them, 387 people (1.39%) have Shortness Of Breath.
Time on Accutane when people have Shortness of breath * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Shortness of breath||9.07%||77.65%||5.53%||3.10%||1.11%||3.10%||0.44% |
Gender of people who have Shortness of breath when taking Accutane * :
|Shortness of breath||41.72%||58.28% |
Age of people who have Shortness of breath when taking Accutane * :
|Shortness of breath||0.00%||0.00%||50.39%||39.81%||8.09%||0.78%||0.16%||0.78% |
Severity of Shortness of breath when taking Accutane ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Shortness of breath||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Shortness of breath ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Shortness of breath||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Acne (194 people, 50.13%)
- Migraine (84 people, 21.71%)
- Anxiety (80 people, 20.67%)
- Insomnia (45 people, 11.63%)
- Headache (30 people, 7.75%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ortho tri-cyclen (106 people, 27.39%)
- Prilosec (91 people, 23.51%)
- Ritalin (86 people, 22.22%)
- Xanax (86 people, 22.22%)
- Lipitor (85 people, 21.96%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of accutane and shortness of breath on
Do you have Shortness Of Breath while taking Accutane?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Accutane and have Shortness Of Breath
- support group for people who take Accutane
- support group for people who have Shortness Of Breath
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Aspirin for a 71-year old man with Blood Thinner. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Zanaflex, Klonopin, Vicodin, Fentanyl-50, Sinemet Cr, Seroquel, Depakote Er for a 58-year old woman with Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Parkinson's Disease, Psychosis. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Sweating Fever, Congestive Heart Failure, Hallucinations
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Lexapro, Risperdal, Concerta, Accutane for a 17-year old girl with Stomach Discomfort, Anxiety Disorder, Asperger Syndrome, Adhd, Acne And Teenagers. The patient has Painful Menstrual Periods, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weakness
- A study of side effects of Diamox for a 38-year old woman with Ih. The patient has Intranasal Numbness, Tiredness, Muscle Cramps, Shortness Of Breath, Kidney Palpable, Insomnia
- A study of drug interactions between Remicade, Methotrexate for a 47-year old woman with Sarcoidosis. The patient has Burning Eyes, Burning Eyes, Shortness Of Breath, Painful Respiration
Recent Accutane related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.