Home > Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate > Back pain > Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate and Back pain
Review: could Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate cause Back pain?
Summary: Back pain is found among people who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Ibuprofen, and have Back pain.
We study 3,156 people who have side effects while taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate from FDA and social media. Among them, 46 have Back pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Back pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate and have Back pain >>>
Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate
Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate (latest outcomes from 3,337 users) has active ingredients of acetaminophen; codeine phosphate. It is often used in pain.
Back pain (latest reports from 676,532 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Nov, 21, 2014: 3,156 people reported to have side effects when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate. Among them, 46 people (1.46%) have Back Pain.
Time on Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate when people have Back pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Back pain||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Back pain when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate * :
|Back pain||52.17%||47.83% |
Age of people who have Back pain when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate * :
|Back pain||0.00%||0.00%||4.88%||14.63%||2.44%||29.27%||14.63%||34.15% |
Severity of Back pain when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate ** :
How people recovered from Back pain ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Back pain (14 people, 30.43%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (6 people, 13.04%)
- Pain (4 people, 8.70%)
- Arthralgia (3 people, 6.52%)
- Schizophrenia (2 people, 4.35%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ibuprofen (12 people, 26.09%)
- Clozapine (11 people, 23.91%)
- Diclofenac sodium (8 people, 17.39%)
- Lamotrigine (8 people, 17.39%)
- Aspirin (7 people, 15.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Back Pain while taking Acetaminophen And Codeine Phosphate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate and have Back Pain
- support group for people who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate
- support group for people who have Back Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Will taking simvistatin for dyslipidemia for 5 yrs cause my liver to ache/hurt?
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Back Pain, Side Pain, and takes Simvastatin)
Been taking simvastatin for about 5 yrs, but in the last 2-3 months have been experiencing ache and sometimes pain from my lower right front emanating around my right side and into my lower back, I have been tested for a possible urinary tract infection that came in negative, doctors are unsure of w ...
- Do the side effects of prolia either stop or lessen over the 6 month period between injections?
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Back Pain, Acid Reflux, Fatigue, Abdominal Pain, Osteoarthritis Generalised, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Itching, Weight Gain, Hot Flush, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Pain - Abdomen, and takes Feraheme, Pantoprazole, Prolia)
I am wondering if the side effects of Prolia go away or lessen during the six months it is taken for.
- Had a bloody ejaculate twice lately. only blood. can it be related to cialis and/or ibuprofen?
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Back Pain, and takes Ibuprofen, Cialis)
last two ejaculations a week apart resulted in all blood ejaculate. Dark old looking blood, not bright red & fresh. No semen.
Gonna tell my doctor soon. What should I be concerned about. Could it be ralated to ibuprofen or cialis usage?
i dont have any known predisposing conditions.
- Does tylenol slow down my ileostomy
(Asked by a 46 year old woman who has Iloestomy , and takes Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3)
I have an iloestomy and taking pain killers due back pain arthritis and fibro
- Caffeine, anhydrous and sodium benzoate injection?
(Asked by a 89 year old man who has Constant Low Spinal Fluid Headache, and takes Vicodin Es, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3)
A treatment has been prescribed but cannot be administered due to the decision by American Regent to not release their Caffeine and Sodium Benzoate Injection product (Caffeine, anhydrous (125 mg/mL) and Sodium benzoate (125 mg/mL)
2 mL single-dose vial). Does anyone take this via injection or IV, ...
More questions for: Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate, Back pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Naproxin reaction severe
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Back Pain)
My partner was given Naproxin for back pain, after taking the reccommended dose of 2 per day for about 10 days he had a severe reaction. It started off with what looked like insect bites on his torso and arms, within half an hour, these had turned into huge welps that were blending together, He look ...
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Anemia, Knee Pain, Back Pain, Knee Injury - Meniscus, Back Injury, High Blood Pressure, Chronic Dvt , and takes Methocarbamol, Warfarin Sodium, Clonidine, Atenolol)
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
- Pulse increase with tylenol w/ codeine/caffeine no. 3
(Posted by a 57 year old man who has Pulse Increase, and takes Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3)
Knee arthroscopic surgery at 2pm
Took one tablet with food at 2am that night (next morning actually) before going to bed.
Pulse increased to 88-92 after about 20-30 min (taken for 15 secs and multiplied)(taken a few times)
Possible interaction with chocolate milk???
Next morning at 8am pul ...
More reviews for: Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate, Back pain
- A study of drug interactions between Loperamide Hydrochloride, Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Losartan Potassium, Co-codamol for a patient with Coeliac Diarrohea, Not Sure, Don't Know, High Blood Pressure, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis. The patient has Stomach Pain
Comments: I have osteoarthritis and am coeliac. I follow a gluten free diet. Recently I have developed severe stomach pain which comes on about 1 - 2 hours after eating. Ant acids and over the counter medicine such as Gaviscon don't seem to help. It goes away gradually on its own but the occasions are get ...
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Thyroid, Aspirin, Milk Thistle, Glyburide And Metformin Hydrochloride for a patient with Thyroid Disorder, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Liver Cirrhosis. The patient has Impaired Memory, Autonomic Nervous System Imbalance, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Joint Stiffness, Back Pain
Comments: Diagnosed with liver disease after collapse at home. Virus attack due to low immunity caused by liver problems. Oesophageal varices. Partial portal vein blockage. Have Diabetes Type 2 19 years with no problems, well controlled.
- A study of drug interactions between Ziprasidone Hydrochloride, Risperidone, Lamictal for a patient with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Lower Blood Pressure, Irritability, Weight Loss, Nausea And Vomiting, Dry Mouth, Back Pain, Stomach Pain
Comments: I also have been having greasy stools. I never took any of the above listed medications together. I was allergic to both lamictal and risperidone. The stomach pain is localized to the upper left quadrant of my stomach, and hurts when I push where my pancreas is. The pain is made worse after eating o ...
- A study of drug interactions between Alcohol, Methamphetamine Hydrochloride for a patient with N-a-g. The patient has Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Back Pain Aggravated
Comments: Pain in mid back left side. Feels like a my muscle is extremely tight. Also have feeling of fullness on left side. Not like from eating, but just like things are tight in there. Does not hurt when i lay down.
- A study of drug interactions between Co-codamol, Paracetamol, Omeprazole, Naturetin-5, Meloxicam, Citalopram Hydrobromide for a patient with Pain - Abdomen, Pain, Indigestion, Hypertension, Osteoarthritis Generalised, Depression. The patient has Hernia - Abdominal, Chronic Sinusitis, Diverticulitis
Comments: I had laprascopici surgery for an inguinal hernia about fifteen months ago, since which time I have suffered bouts of diverticulitis, have developed a midline abdominal hernia adjacent to the site of entry of the laparoscope. Symptoms seem more severe when I am also suffering most from sinus pain a ...
More related studies for: Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate, Back pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.