Review: could Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate cause Back pain?
Summary: Back pain is found among people who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Ibuprofen, and have Back pain.
We study 3,157 people who have side effects while taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate from FDA and social media. Among them, 46 have Back pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Back pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate and have Back pain >>>
Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate
Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate has active ingredients of acetaminophen; codeine phosphate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 3,339 Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate users)
Back pain has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, pain, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 107,077 Back pain patients)
On Mar, 4, 2015: 3,157 people reported to have side effects when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate. Among them, 46 people (1.46%) have Back Pain.
Time on Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate when people have Back pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Back pain||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Back pain when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate * :
|Back pain||52.17%||47.83% |
Age of people who have Back pain when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate * :
|Back pain||0.00%||0.00%||4.88%||14.63%||2.44%||29.27%||14.63%||34.15% |
Severity of Back pain when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate ** :
How people recovered from Back pain ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Back pain (14 people, 30.43%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (6 people, 13.04%)
- Pain (4 people, 8.70%)
- Arthralgia (3 people, 6.52%)
- Schizophrenia (2 people, 4.35%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ibuprofen (12 people, 26.09%)
- Clozapine (11 people, 23.91%)
- Diclofenac sodium (8 people, 17.39%)
- Lamotrigine (8 people, 17.39%)
- Aspirin (7 people, 15.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of acetaminophen and codeine phosphate and back pain on
Do you have Back Pain while taking Acetaminophen And Codeine Phosphate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate and have Back Pain
- support group for people who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate
- support group for people who have Back Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine Maleate; Benazepril Hydrochloride, HCTZ for a 41-year old man with Hypertension. The patient has Back Pain, Swollen Ankles And Lower Leg
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan Potassium; Hydrochlorothiazide, Synthroid, Cymbalta, Glumetza for a 60-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Thyroid Cancer - Papillary Carcinoma, Pain - Back, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Insomnia, Hip Pain, Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Acidophilus Lactobacillus, Benicar Hct for a 58-year old woman with Bowel Movement Irregularity, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled. The patient has Back Pain, Nausea, Leg Cramping, Tongue Irritation, Insomnia, Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Arimidex, Lasix for a 34-year old man with Fluid Retention. The patient has Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 30, Norco, Dilaudid, Oxycontin for a 38-year old woman with ADHD, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Hydronephrosis, Kidney Palpable, Kidney Stones, Medullary Cystic Kidney Disease, Wound Healing Normal, Herpes Virus Infection, Herpes Zoster, Eczema, Hip Pain, X-ray - Pelvis, Back Pain, Adhd, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Muscle Pain, Brain Mass, Fatigue - Chronic, Seizure - Generalized, Connective Tissue Inflammation, Joint Stiffness, Joint Inflammation, Joint Pain
Recent Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.