Review: could Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate cause Disorientation (Confusion)?
Summary: Disorientation is found among people who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate #3, and have Back pain.
We study 3,157 people who have side effects while taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate from FDA and social media. Among them, 25 have Disorientation. Find out below who they are, when they have Disorientation and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate and have Disorientation >>>
Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate
Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate has active ingredients of acetaminophen; codeine phosphate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate 3,338 users)
Disorientation (disability in which the senses of time, direction, and recognition of people and places) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Disorientation 36,320 patients)
On Dec, 18, 2014: 3,157 people reported to have side effects when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate. Among them, 24 people (0.76%) have Disorientation.
Time on Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate when people have Disorientation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Disorientation when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate * :
Age of people who have Disorientation when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate * :
Severity of Disorientation when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate ** :
How people recovered from Disorientation ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Back pain (4 people, 16.67%)
- Pain (3 people, 12.50%)
- Anxiety (3 people, 12.50%)
- Insomnia (1 people, 4.17%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (1 people, 4.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate #3 (9 people, 37.50%)
- Omeprazole (4 people, 16.67%)
- Prednisone (4 people, 16.67%)
- Methotrexate (3 people, 12.50%)
- Clonazepam (3 people, 12.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Disorientation while taking Acetaminophen And Codeine Phosphate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate and have Disorientation
- support group for people who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate
- support group for people who have Disorientation
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can long term use of vicodin cause hallucinations?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Shortness Of Breath, Confusion, Sleepy, and takes Vicodin)
My 87 yr Mom has taken copious amts of Vicodin for 25+ yrs for arthritis & surgery pain management. Recently, Mom said the "carpet bubbles up 3-4 ft & trips her". Are hallucinations like this a sign of serious drug abuse? Is Mom's life in danger of drug overdose?
- Does tylenol slow down my ileostomy
(Asked by a 46 year old woman who has Iloestomy , and takes Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3)
I have an iloestomy and taking pain killers due back pain arthritis and fibro
- Caffeine, anhydrous and sodium benzoate injection?
(Asked by a 89 year old man who has Constant Low Spinal Fluid Headache, and takes Vicodin Es, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3)
A treatment has been prescribed but cannot be administered due to the decision by American Regent to not release their Caffeine and Sodium Benzoate Injection product (Caffeine, anhydrous (125 mg/mL) and Sodium benzoate (125 mg/mL)
2 mL single-dose vial). Does anyone take this via injection or IV, ...
- Hunger from tylenol and coedine?
(Asked by a 17 year old girl who has Hunger, Drowsiness, and takes Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3)
I'm 17 years old and I started taking Acetaminophen w/ Codeine No. 3 for pain due to complications from wisdom tooth extraction (I had two dry sockets and one of them was infected). I don't have any known allergies to medication, though I do take about 10 different medications for severe season all ...
- What are the symptoms of withdraw from depo estrace injections
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Chest Wall Pain, Confusion, and takes Depo-estradiol)
I want to know what kind of withdraw effects to expect with this drug. Been on it awhile and think I need to get off.
More questions for: Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate, Disorientation
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Xanax bed wetting will it stop and do i wear diapers or die
(Posted by a 48 year old man who has Bedwetting, Confusion, Bone And Joint Pain, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Depression Suicidal, Backaches And Stress, and takes Xanax, Acetaminophen, Wellbutrin, Methadone Hydrochloride, Norco)
I am on the very edge of crazy. So starting this is pushing ne way over. I'm 49 for crap sakes. I am so tired of the pain in my body and I am just tired, this is the last slap I can't anymore. Naturally alcohol I am sure is just about the end game along with cuts.
Just want to bleed out and not hur ...
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
(Posted by a 16 year old girl who has Asthma, Migraines, Dizziness, Tightness In Chest, Difficulty Breathing, Confusion, Unable To Speak Or Swallow, Swollen Neck, Abdominal Pain, Unable To Walk, Neck Pain, Shaking Uncontrollably, Loss Of Feeling In Right Side, and takes Sumatriptan)
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
- Pulse increase with tylenol w/ codeine/caffeine no. 3
(Posted by a 57 year old man who has Pulse Increase, and takes Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3)
Knee arthroscopic surgery at 2pm
Took one tablet with food at 2am that night (next morning actually) before going to bed.
Pulse increased to 88-92 after about 20-30 min (taken for 15 secs and multiplied)(taken a few times)
Possible interaction with chocolate milk???
Next morning at 8am pul ...
- 57 year old male diagnosed with stage 2 hypertension
(Posted by a 57 year old man who has Hopelessness, Anxiety, Confusion, Extreme Fatigue, and takes Lisinopril)
Started on 20mg once a day, I was working long hours so I'm not sure when the fatigue first started. At physical doctor thought the dosage should be doubled. In a few days the fatigue started to become overwhelming. I was having a hard time staying awake, not because I was drowsy but felt that we ...
More reviews for: Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate, Disorientation
- A study of drug interactions between Eplerenone, Digoxin, Magnesium, Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Minoxidil, Clonidine, Hydrochlorothiazide, Jantoven, Lovastatin for a patient with High Arch, Atrial Fibrillation, Low Blood Magnesium, Low Blood Potassium, Hypertension, Fluid Retention, Cholesterosis. The patient has Asthenia, Numbness And Tingling, Disorientation, Muscle Weakness Aggravated, Shortness Of Breath, Fatigue
Comments: This has been a problem for well over a year now! it does not seem to be getting any better.
- A study of drug interactions between Aloe Vera, Alpha - Lipoic Acid, Cod Liver Oil, Magnesium, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin C, Omega-3 Fatty Acid, Soya, Oil Of Evening Primrose, Vitamin E, Cymbalta, Gabapentin, Co-codamol for a patient with Enzyme Supplementation, Neuropathy - Peripheral, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Vanadyl Sulphate, Pms. The patient has Reflux
Comments: I feel as if I have a lump in my throat, as if something hasn't been swallowed properly. THE LUMp is not present all the time but I am very aware of it when it's there.
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Fluoxetine, Flexeril, Omeprazole, Benadryl, Hyzaar for a patient with Depression, ?, Spasmodic Torticollis, Sleep Disorder, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Forgetfulness, Confusion
Comments: I have dizzinws, forgetfulness and memory loss
- A study of drug interactions between Bupropion Hydrochloride, Glipizide, Januvia, Metformin, Gabapentin, Ibuprofen, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Fenofibrate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Lantus Solostar, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Depression, High Blood Sugar, Nerve Pain, Pain, High Blood Cholesterol, Thyroid Disorder, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Muscle Aches, Thinking - Unclear, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Back Disorder, Pain Threshold Decreased, Cubital Tunnel Syndrome, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Depression
Comments: very tired most of day , daily functions being limited , type 2 diabetic ,hashimoto's , degenerative disc problem in back..
- A study of side effects of Indomethacin for a patient with Gouty Arthritis. The patient has Confusion
Comments: my husband's entire way of thinking and acting changed when he started to take this medication. Trying to find if other have had similar problems
More related studies for: Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate, Disorientation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.