Review: could Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate cause Heart palpitations?
Summary: Heart palpitations is found among people who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Omeprazole, and have Stress and anxiety.
We study 3,158 people who have side effects while taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate from FDA and social media. Among them, 26 have Heart palpitations. Find out below who they are, when they have Heart palpitations and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate and have Heart palpitations >>>
Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate
Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate has active ingredients of acetaminophen; codeine phosphate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 3,339 Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate users)
Heart palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain. (latest reports from 52,177 Heart palpitations patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 3,157 people reported to have side effects when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate. Among them, 26 people (0.82%) have Heart Palpitations.
Time on Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate when people have Heart palpitations * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heart palpitations||83.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Heart palpitations when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate * :
|Heart palpitations||55.56%||44.44% |
Age of people who have Heart palpitations when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate * :
|Heart palpitations||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.70%||29.63%||18.52%||48.15% |
Severity of Heart palpitations when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Heart palpitations||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Heart palpitations ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (4 people, 15.38%)
- Hypertonic bladder (4 people, 15.38%)
- Diabetes mellitus (3 people, 11.54%)
- Sciatica (3 people, 11.54%)
- Back pain (3 people, 11.54%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Omeprazole (10 people, 38.46%)
- Diazepam (7 people, 26.92%)
- Acetaminophen (7 people, 26.92%)
- Mirtazapine (6 people, 23.08%)
- Ranitidine (6 people, 23.08%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of acetaminophen and codeine phosphate and heart palpitations on
Do you have Heart Palpitations while taking Acetaminophen And Codeine Phosphate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate and have Heart Palpitations
- support group for people who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate
- support group for people who have Heart Palpitations
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Ciprofloxacin Extended Release for a 68-year old woman with Diverticulitis. The patient has Heart Palpitations
- A study of drug interactions between Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Bisacodyl, Piperine, Curcumin, Fish Oil, Ativan, Coreg, Prilosec Otc, Wellbutrin Xl, Oxycodone for a 39-year old woman with Chronic Pain, Constipation, Adjuvant For Curcumin, Depression, Inflammatory Pain, Anxiety Disorder, Atrial Tachycardia, Ulcer - Peptic, Breakthrough Pain. The patient has Tricuspid Regurgitation, Chronic Mitral Valve Regurgitation, Heart Murmurs, Ventricular Extrasystoles, Palpitations
- A study of drug interactions between St. John's Wort, Vitamin C, Biotin, Zyrtec, Garlic, Multivitamin, L-Lysine, Indian Tumeric, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Sertraline, Relpax, Butalbital, Acetaminophen And Caffeine, Baclofen, Chlorpromazine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with Dysthymic Disorder, Acne Cystic, Rhinitis, General Physical Health Deterioration, Pain - Leg, Migraine, Belching.
- A study of side effects of Lamotrigine for a 34-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Depression, Poor Peripheral Circulation, Palpitations, Tongue Irritation, Fatigue
- A study of drug interactions between Felodipine, Atenolol, Ramipril, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3 for a 43-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Pain - Back. The patient has Adrenal Mass, High Blood Pressure, Herniated Intervertebral Disk
Recent Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.