Review: could Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate cause Itching?
Summary: Itching is found among people who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Acetaminophen, and have Pulmonary embolism.
We study 3,157 people who have side effects while taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate from FDA and social media. Among them, 87 have Itching. Find out below who they are, when they have Itching and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate and have Itching >>>
Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate
Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate has active ingredients of acetaminophen; codeine phosphate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 3,339 Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate users)
Itching has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 88,292 Itching patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 3,157 people reported to have side effects when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate. Among them, 87 people (2.76%) have Itching.
Time on Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate when people have Itching * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Itching when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate * :
Age of people who have Itching when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate * :
Severity of Itching when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate ** :
How people recovered from Itching ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pulmonary embolism (15 people, 17.24%)
- Pneumonia (15 people, 17.24%)
- Pain (7 people, 8.05%)
- Toothache (4 people, 4.60%)
- Candidiasis (4 people, 4.60%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Acetaminophen (22 people, 25.29%)
- Furosemide (18 people, 20.69%)
- Clarithromycin (18 people, 20.69%)
- Omeprazole (18 people, 20.69%)
- Folic acid (16 people, 18.39%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of acetaminophen and codeine phosphate and itching on
Do you have Itching while taking Acetaminophen And Codeine Phosphate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate and have Itching
- support group for people who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate
- support group for people who have Itching
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Xanax for a 70-year old man with Itching. The patient has Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Acidophilus Lactobacillus, Benicar Hct for a 58-year old woman with Bowel Movement Irregularity, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled. The patient has Back Pain, Nausea, Leg Cramping, Tongue Irritation, Insomnia, Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Antabuse, Sertraline for a 44-year old woman with Pain In Limb, Alcoholic, Depression. The patient has Alcoholic
- A study of drug interactions between Zocor, Xanax, Zoloft, Levothyroxine Sodium, Protonix for a 64-year old woman with Total Cholesterol, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Hyperthyroidism, Reflux Gastritis. The patient has Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Modafinil, Doxycycline, Prednisone, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Oxycodone, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Allegra, Zantac 150, Metformin, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Cefprozil, Allopurinol for a 32-year old man with Hypersomnia, Infection, Swelling, Pain In Limb, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Allergy To Plants, Acid Reflux, High Blood Sugar, Stress, Gout. The patient has Itching, Elevated Liver Enzymes, Insulin C-peptide Increased, Complement Factor C3 Increased, Blood Uric Acid Increased, Pseudopapilloedema, Lymphadenopathy Mediastinal, Vision Blurred, Hives, Swelling, Pain Exacerbated
Recent Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.